Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #21
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson are HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think I'm on the KJ train too, because in my opinion he played pretty well today. Some of the catches he gave up today were ridiculous plays by the receiver. If anyone says he played poorly, then to me they need to really re-evaluate how much they really know about football.
Exactly!

But Jacoby needs to go.
Old 01-15-2012   #22
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoTuna View Post
Time to cut our losses and progress as a team..

Natural selection needs to be implemented this off-season. Retards like Careem and JJ don't deserve to wear the Texans Uni.
Just out of curiosity... did you misspell his name on purpose? I hope so, or that would make you look like, to use your word, a "retard".

KJ did not play great, but he was solid. He deserves to stay.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #23
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
woah woah.. is this the turnaround thread for Kareem Jackson?

I have to say I only saw one bad play for him today the slant to Boldin late in the game when he gave up his inside position. The rest he was all over the receiver and they made a ridiculous catch and it was a ridiculous throw.

He has to improve now at looking for the ball, if he can do that next year we'll have a pretty damn good set of CB's.
I agree. I think KJ played well. My knock on him (this year) was that he doesn't get his head around. He actually made a good play on the sideline. He just needs to get confidence to get his head on a swivel a lot quicker.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 246968 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a KJ fan by any stretch but I have to concede that he's made strides this year. Allen has played well in spots but I get the impression we've seen the peak of his ability. I do absolutely think we need to draft another CB (or maybe Brandon Harris is done incubating in whatever hyperbaric chamber they're keeping him in while he undergoes the Super Soldier process) but KJ makes the team next year.

Jacoby Jones on the other hand. He's deserving of a GTFO thread and has been for a long, long time. Hopefully if any good at all comes from this loss it will be that the few remaining people who think he's got value will come to their senses.

Honestly, if you think Jacoby Jones has any value at all then I don't have anything to say to you. I'm at the point where the JJ Meter is how I determine if there's any point in talking to a person. If they like JJ and think he's an asset then they're too ****ing stupid to bother trying to converse with. He's just an unbelievably bad WR. Corey Bradford was Pierre Garcon compared to this bum. He's actually a pretty bad punt returner as well. Sure, he manages that one TD a year against some team that's having special teams issues that day but most of the time he's a liability back there.

If I were the Texans I'd release him. I wouldn't do it the minute I got back to Houston or not let him ride on the plane back or anything. No sense being petty about it. I'd just cut him as quietly as possible right after the season ends. Pick a busy news day when someone is retiring and kick him to the curb. It's past time to do it.
Old 01-15-2012   #25
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby? yeah. Kareem Jackson is coming around. Sometimes a player needs to get traded away to get better. Maybe the Kubiak - Shanahan connection can get us something for him from the Washington Redskins or Kubes - Elway from the Broncos.
escrimador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #26
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ had a solid season, showed a lot of improvement from last season... so why let him go now? Doesn't make sense.

Jacoby, on the other hand, hasn't showed much improvement the past two seasons. I wouldn't mind letting him walk.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #27
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think I'm on the KJ train too, because in my opinion he played pretty well today. Some of the catches he gave up today were ridiculous plays by the receiver. If anyone says he played poorly, then to me they need to really re-evaluate how much they really know about football.
Yep.

Kareem is the only guy that can play a good game and in the same day get a thread like this about him.

The game was more than decent. One of the passes he gave up would have clearly been overturned had we challenged it and the other two were circus catches. Yet it's time for Kareem to go...ok.

Seems the guy has really improved from his rookie season. Can't ask for much more for a 2nd year player.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #28
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he played ok, just got beat by top notch throws and catches. He was even getting his head around and making plays on the ball. KJ still has room to grow, despite having taken the remedial course this year. Maybe as a slot or backup to Quin, making the same jump back to S, I think they have very similar games.

Jacoby can find his own way home.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ has shown a lot of improvement and will likely continue to get better. Eventually, he may even become what we hoped when he was drafted; it just takes a long time for a corner to get it in the NFL--well, a lot of them anyway.

Jacoby, on the other hand, is a punt-fumbling, non-route running (unless he's not asked to make an actual cut), pass-dropping, veteran whose time to show improvement has more than run out. This team needs receivers and I'm not real impressed with Walter's disappearing act this year either. He doesn't make the stupid mistakes at all, but he doesn't get open and his time appears to be passed. I think it's time to spend a high pick on a receiver again. We don't need much else anyway, expect for a healthy Matt Schaub, which would have meant Superbowl this year. I think I just named the only two players that went down in performance this year....and they're both wide-outs. We need a really good new one. Maybe Walter can stay on as the #3. We do have another one (name escapes me--not the ex-Raven that's getting a little old) that seems worth a look.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #30
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kareem improves as much as he did this season next season...well he'd be a good player.

Edit: Also JJ has not improved at all since like his second year. He's still the same player unfortunately.
Old 01-15-2012   #31
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
just curious... but do you know what careem sounds like when pronounce and what it has in relationship to his play?

if you don't than it makes you look like, to my eloquent vocabulary, a "retard".

then again you already do enough of that around draft season.
Ok, I'll bite. What does it sound like?

Apparently it is a slur used for African Americans (according to a google search), was that what you were going for?

As for your draft comment- good one? Everyone here knows I am passionate about the draft, and I could not care less about what a person on the internet thinks. Especially one who has been here for just about a month, and will probably be gone by next year.
Old 01-15-2012   #32
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89811 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm definitely Kjs biggest supporter, but he was out played by Jason Allen today, Allen's physical play at the line is what kept Boldin in check & kept us in the game.

I chalk that up to a veteran player stepping up in the play offs.

Still proud of my Texans.

& I feel great. Saying....

Wait till next year.
i think you've got it backwards bud, allan got smoked while jackson couldnt have had better coverage on boldin. the worst was turning his back to boldin in the endzone, a completely blown coverage.
Old 01-15-2012   #33
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree!!!!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #34
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Except JJ fumbled his bus pass so he'd have to walk home.

Im sure the people of Baltimore would welcome him with open arms.
They might give him the keys to the city, but no way in hell would they let him on the team.

I think KJ sticks. He made some strides this year and might make a decent nickle/dime back once No Fly Zone is ready for prime time.
Boldin made some ridiculous catches today. KJ played pretty well for the most part.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #35
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
cool story bro.

keep making your annual erroneous statements about 90% of the players in the draft and fallacious analysis of their transition to the pros.

you have such an eye for talent.
No, I am serious, explain why you call him Careem. I am actually curious now.

I dont claim to know everything about every player. I comment on what I see, and that is it. If you dont like it, dont read it.
Old 01-15-2012   #36
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i always stuck up for jacoby. i turn my back on him. kareem is getting better though
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #37
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Lol, even GP and Ellis gave Kareem props today. I think you should wait until next year Disco, today ain't the day for it. Kareem had a good game, he was not even close to being the problem today and has looked solid in both playoff games really.

Jacoby Jones...now I think we can all agree on that. If we draft a WR next year not sure he even makes the team since he'll be fighting for a 4th or 5th spot.
Old 01-15-2012   #38
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I was actually pleased with Jacksons play today, he did not get made to look to foolish today. I hope he continues to improve, and makes me eat words I have said previously about him.

Jones doesn't seem like he is going to do much for us. Sucks we extended him.
Old 01-15-2012   #39
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89811 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont see it other than being a carry-over scape goat from last year. jackson was lights out today covering their #1, and was a HUGE part of the coverage sacks that we got against flacco. dude played solid all season and was exceptional today.
Old 01-15-2012   #40
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTexanFan View Post
Management has stuck with these two for too long. Cut your losses and move on. Draft a second WR and DB.
Jacoby and Kareem will unfortunately forever more be part of Texans HISTORY........because they were allowed to be.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read