Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-15-2012   #1
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Michael Brockers?

Anybody know what his draft grade is projected to be? Seems like he has a ton of upside, could possibly fill our needs at NT. I think he's only been playing DT one season, Wade could have himself a nice project. If he's around for the 32nd pick would you gamble?
Old 01-15-2012   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Michael Brockers?

We've got to get a WR in the 1st...period. Brockers would be nice to have, but not at the expense of another big play guy opposite AJ to help ease the load.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #3
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
We've got to get a WR in the 1st...period. Brockers would be nice to have, but not at the expense of another big play guy opposite AJ to help ease the load.
Who ya gonna get? Honestly all I keep hearing about is how much talent is at the WR position this year. I really don't see it. Asides from Blackmon most first and second rounders are created equal this year in my eyes.

Will Brockers be available in the second round in the 25th-32nd position?
Old 01-17-2012   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
If we were to get into we must have 'X' position in 'X' round mindset that is how you miss value and draft busts.

Lets just see how the draft unfolds and pick the best player in a position that needs an upgrade/depth.

In my mind that puts WR, CB, OL, LB on the table
Old 01-18-2012   #5
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

We have a need at NT?
Old 01-19-2012   #6
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
We have a need at NT?
Mitchell seems to struggle in run support. Cody is solid, not other worldy. Brockers is a giant sleeper in this year's draft. He'll make me look smart next year regardless of where he goes.
Old 01-22-2012   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see the Texans make an effort to shore up that offense for a change. We draft defense in the first round every year and it's starting to show. The defense is fixed. It's time to get some WR talent in here and find a guard or two. We've got no depth on that side of the ball in those positions.
Old 01-23-2012   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120522 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

He has the size and athleticism you look for it just doesn't show up on the field. Not really impressive to watch. Again with his physical abilities may turn out to be something but right now he is way Down the list. Someone will take him way sooner than his play suggest he goes. Let em have him. If he were still available in the 3 rd round I would consider him.
Old 01-24-2012   #9
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
He has the size and athleticism you look for it just doesn't show up on the field. Not really impressive to watch. Again with his physical abilities may turn out to be something but right now he is way Down the list. Someone will take him way sooner than his play suggest he goes. Let em have him. If he were still available in the 3 rd round I would consider him.
Are we watching the same player? He sheds double team blocks to make tackles in run support and plays fierce even with a bad first step. He's going to be a stud, is raw, and has so much upside it is uncanny. If he's available in the second round I'd take him. Alshon Jeffery, Michael Brockers, Tommy Streeter is my 1,2,3.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read