Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub 1-on-1 covers rehab, 'coaching' role and more

Quarterback Matt Schaub interviewed by Nick Scurfield. PODCAST

Has just now been able to place weight on his foot for the first time. Counting the days to OTA's

The interview, at least for me, confirms Schaub "The Leader"..........despite adversity, the epitome of class.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #2
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub 1-on-1 covers rehab, 'coaching' role and more

I was never a "believer" in Schaub, but after this season, the way he has dealt with the adversity that has been handed to him has changed my view completely.

I'm hopeful for the rest of the playoffs, and extremely optimistic and excited about next season with him at the helm.

I'll wear my Schaub jersey with pride!
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #3
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Schaub 1-on-1 covers rehab, 'coaching' role and more

I will be looking forward to seeing him back next year. He has handled his role right now with the team with class and has tried to help TJ as much as he can. You got to feel for the guy. Its got to be eating him up inside to have to sit there on the bench and watch the game and not be able to play.
I heard where Andre came up after he got the td and talk to him. Andre knows how he feels and how much he wants to be out there so bad and play.

That my folks is a leader. He may not be playing but he is doing what he can to help TJ with the task he has in front of him.

Get well Soon Matt ....were going to need you next year....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll see how classy he is next year when he's asked to play the same role.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
What? Schaub is the starter next year.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #6
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Next season, it's Schaub's job to lose, regardless of how well Yates does in the playoffs. That is a fact.

TJ can still benefit from 2-3 years of being Matt's understudy. After 2 years, I could see us seeing what we could get for Schaub in trade and give the future to "The Kid."
Old 01-14-2012   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
What? Schaub is the starter next year.
I've never been a Schaub fan, still not. I think we can do better & should continue to look for young QBs to take that spot.

I have no doubt that Schaub can get this team to the SuperBowl but I think Schaub gives us a 60-70 percent chance.

I don't think it will be "easy" to find that QB that is better than Schaub, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

I have yet to see anything to make me think Tj can be that guy. He's got three more games to show us something.
Old 01-14-2012   #8
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only way I see this happening is if his foot injury is more worse than expected, and it affects his ability on the field.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #9
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

much respect for Schaub. hope he's back to normal next season
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #10
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've never been a Schaub fan, still not. I think we can do better & should continue to look for young QBs to take that spot.

I have no doubt that Schaub can get this team to the SuperBowl but I think Schaub gives us a 60-70 percent chance.

I don't think it will be "easy" to find that QB that is better than Schaub, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

I have yet to see anything to make me think Tj can be that guy. He's got three more games to show us something.
Getting us to the big dance is what we want him to do. With your 60-70% and our Defense, the game is ours to lose.Which I highly doubt he'd do.

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
Getting us to the big dance is what we want him to do. With your 60-70% and our Defense, the game is ours to lose.Which I highly doubt he'd do.
Last year the Packers had the #2 defense in the league. This year, they don't.

We don't know what our defense is going to be like next year.

Still, if we can find a QB that gives us an 80% or better chance to get to the big dance (Brady, Ben, Rogers, Brees) shouldn't we continue to look for that QB?

Unless our plan going forward is to build a dominating defense (which has never been our goal, just turned out that way)...
Old 01-14-2012   #12
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysol View Post
Next season, it's Schaub's job to lose, regardless of how well Yates does in the playoffs. That is a fact.

TJ can still benefit from 2-3 years of being Matt's understudy. After 2 years, I could see us seeing what we could get for Schaub in trade and give the future to "The Kid."
Soo...hypothetically, if Yates leads us to a Superbowl victory... key word, "leads". Not just manages. If he leads us to a championship, is he still the backup going into next season?
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #13
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Soo...hypothetically, if Yates leads us to a Superbowl victory... key word, "leads". Not just manages. If he leads us to a championship, is he still the backup going into next season?
He's most definitely the back up. If he proves himself better during training camp, then who knows what can happen, but I dont think there is much doubt that if healthy, Schaub is starting the first game of the 2012 season.
Old 01-14-2012   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
That's a problem I'm sure we'd all love to have.

If he leads the Texans to the Super Bowl and wins it then "yes", he's still the understudy and I think even Yates understands why that is. He's green and it shows. When he screws up that's almost entirely his lack of experience at fault. Watching him I get the impressions that he's almost always at his best when he can just stop thinking about what he's doing and play.

If Yates took us to the Super Bowl and won it then Leinart would be traded or released and Yates would move up to #2. We might even get an offer or two for him but I doubt we'd be interested. Schaub is entering his 9th year next season and coming off a season-ending injury. I think being able to count on Yates would be an outstanding insurance policy.

Keep in mind too that in this scenario no rule says Yates has to stay #2. Nobody knows how an injury will affect a player until they deal with it. Jake Delhomme's situation should be fresh in our minds. Solid starter who led his team to the Super Bowl and had a few outstanding years and then got hurt. He was never the same after that. I know he had an elbow injury that affected his throwing and Schaub is supposed to fully recover but I'm talking about more than just the physical aspect of this. If Matt comes back and can't seem to recapture his game People would be screaming for Yates and that could snowball into a permanent QB change.

Lots of factors will combine to decide who starts next season should Yates win a Super Bowl.
Old 01-14-2012   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

If T.J. Yates wins the SB he will be the starter in 2012.
Old 01-14-2012   #16
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8237 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is the starter next year end of story. I still feel like if he was playing we would have gotten a bye.

I don't get all the Schaub hate around this town. I guess its the thing where the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. I have to agree with LZ in that with all the bad QB play around the league people should be careful what they wish for in wanting to get rid of Schaub.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

If he plays like Flacco over the next two games...... Schaub is the starter.

If he plays like Brady over the next two games.... Tj has won the starting job.
Old 01-14-2012   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Schaub is the starter next year end of story. I still feel like if he was playing we would have gotten a bye.

I don't get all the Schaub hate around this town. I guess its the thing where the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. I have to agree with LZ in that with all the bad QB play around the league people should be careful what they wish for in wanting to get rid of Schaub.

If Tj Yates wins the next two games on the strength of his arm, 66% completion, 5 TDs, 0 Ints, 440 yards..... he's the starter, no way around that.

If Tj puts up Joe Flacco type stats.... Trent Dilfer type stats, he's the back-up.

It's not about wanting to get rid of Schaub. But Schaub has been here 5 years & hasn't gotten us close to winning the Super Bowl

Tj Yates hasn't either, we know that. That's where the if comes in.

Going to & winning the Super Bowl on the back of Arian Foster will not move Tj above Schaub on the depth chart... but if Tj puts the team on his shoulder & win the next two games..... how can you not start him?
Old 01-14-2012   #19
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysol View Post
how so? schaub took over this offense when he was fairly raw, not being groomed for kubiaks offense in atlanta obviously. TJ comes from a very similar offense in college, and even schaub admitted that yates picked it up quicker than he did. what had schaub proved when the texans traded for him? he was virtually unknown by all of us, the only reason i heard of him, was because i used to spam vick on madden and he got knocked out of a game and matt came in.. i just feel like years from now we will all be talking about how we should have traded schaub when we had the chance.
Old 01-14-2012   #20
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I still feel like if he was playing we would have gotten a bye.
Texans probably looking at 12-4 situation with schaub still healthy, thats assuming he takes care of business against ATL & CINCY and the Texans playing for a shot at the #2 spot in the TEN game. The Texans laid an egg against Carolina, i dont see how schaub comes in and changes that situation, the entire team was humbled after clinching the division. so at 12-4 were locked into the 3 seed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read