Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-14-2012   #1
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Tim Tebow is the Anti-Christ

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/ran...he-antichrist/

Quote:
Like every other decent, God-fearing American football fan, I like Tim Tebow. (And like every other decent, Belichick-fearing New England football fan, I’m glad he’s the quarterback matchup we’re facing this weekend, given the way the pass coverage has been all season.) As it’s been said many times before, Tebow seems like a genuinely nice person and a great teammate and his emergence this year has been probably THE best, most entertaining story in all of sports in years.

I have one tiny, inconsequential concern though. Has it occurred to anyone else that Tim Tebow might be a little too good to be real? That maybe there’s something supernaturally sketchy going on here? I can’t help but think of something Albert Brooks says in “Broadcast News”:

“What do you think the Devil is going to look like if he’s around? Nobody is going to be taken in if he has a long, red, pointy tail. No. I’m semi-serious here. He will look attractive and he will be nice and helpful and he will get a job where he influences a great God-fearing nation and he will never do an evil thing… And he’ll get all the great women.”

I don’t pass myself off as a Bible scholar. But the Sunday mornings I’ve spent at St. Mary’s of the Sacred Heart haven’t been all about checking out the hot moms and setting my Fantasy lineup. I’ve learned a thing or two about the Scriptures. And it’s hard not to notice a few eerie similarities between Tebow and a certain biblical Supervillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tim Tebow is the Anti-Christ

And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes;
and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really starting to get upset at the media trashing this kid over his faith. Sorry, but if this was any other player that was this devoted to any other religion it'd be hands off...they wouldn't even touch the subject. Yet for some reason it's become a fad to ridicule Christianity.

I can't stand the constant coverage as much as the next guy, but there's PLENTY of stuff you can start with without having to go after his beliefs or his religion. Let's imagine for a moment that Tim Tebow is NOT "too good to be true", what if he really is genuine and actually does devote that much time to ill children and his faith. What if he really is that devoted? If he is, then what does that make "us" and what does that make the media?

If the guy was a fake, he would've been found out by now. I've finally come to that opinion. I hated the guy when he was at Florida, but now I'm rooting for him. He really believes and I respect his devotion if nothing else. .
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #4
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

heard many stories where girls tried to corrupt him at uf but all they got was hand-holding and kisses on the cheeks
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #5
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

sometimes he'll get frisky and give them a side hug
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #6
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Does the fact that he said it was 'semi-serious' equate it to being a complete joke? The anti-christ will blasphemy God, not praise or give glory to God, which Tebow seems to do after every game. Tim Tebow says he is a virgin and is saving himself for marriage. Last time I checked that is a godly attribute. The same verse he quoted (Daniel 11:37) says, "He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all." I think we all know that he has regarded the God of his father and has said multiple times "I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ".
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #7
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10016 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'm really starting to get upset at the media trashing this kid over his faith. Sorry, but if this was any other player that was this devoted to any other religion it'd be hands off...they wouldn't even touch the subject. Yet for some reason it's become a fad to ridicule Christianity.

I can't stand the constant coverage as much as the next guy, but there's PLENTY of stuff you can start with without having to go after his beliefs or his religion. Let's imagine for a moment that Tim Tebow is NOT "too good to be true", what if he really is genuine and actually does devote that much time to ill children and his faith. What if he really is that devoted? If he is, then what does that make "us" and what does that make the media?

If the guy was a fake, he would've been found out by now. I've finally come to that opinion. I hated the guy when he was at Florida, but now I'm rooting for him. He really believes and I respect his devotion if nothing else. .
I've never heard a Jewish or Muslim athlete praise God every time they win a game either. People would also flip the f out if "praise be to Allah" was said on national tv.
Old 01-14-2012   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I've never heard a Jewish or Muslim athlete praise God every time they win a game either. People would also flip the f out if "praise be to Allah" was said on national TV.
I guess you don't follow the NBA...it's been done before. Not only that, but also boxing.

The media wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Who gives a crap what a athlete does when he scores...I thought this was a free country and a country with freedom to religion? If he wants to do that, why all the scrutiny? We're all allowed to praise our "god" right?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #9
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess you don't follow the NBA...it's been done before. Not only that, but also boxing.

The media wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Who gives a crap what a athlete does when he scores...I thought this was a free country and a country with freedom to religion? If he wants to do that, why all the scrutiny? We're all allowed to praise our "god" right?
What scrutiny? Is anyone saying Tebow shouldn't be allowed to kneel and pray after scoring? If so I don't agree with them. A player should be able to bow to Jesus, say a Namaste prayer, do the Ickey shuffle, or whatever else they want to do after scoring a touchdown.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #10
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to admit, that was a hilarious premise for a story.
Old 01-14-2012   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

What I think would be really appropriate is if he did what he does....and the media hardly even noticed...

Be impressed, be disgusted for any number of reasons as a Christian or any other belief (including atheism), but keep your opinions to yourself. I will add that it is preposterous to acuse someone of being the Anti-Christ when they have not been seen or heard of committing a single sin. Even if you were right, it would be very wrong to make such statements at this time.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes;
and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Old 01-14-2012   #14
ConroeKeith1982
Rookie

ConroeKeith1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #15
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18240 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Does the fact that he said it was 'semi-serious' equate it to being a complete joke? The anti-christ will blasphemy God, not praise or give glory to God, which Tebow seems to do after every game. Tim Tebow says he is a virgin and is saving himself for marriage. Last time I checked that is a godly attribute. The same verse he quoted (Daniel 11:37) says, "He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all." I think we all know that he has regarded the God of his father and has said multiple times "I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ".
There can only be one anti-christ at a time. Bolded sounds like Obama.http://todaysbestemail.blogspot.com/...rlfriends.html

Quote:

Muhammed Ali anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I have to admit, that was a hilarious premise for a story.
It is funny and meant my first posting as a joke for the homeland security folks monitoring the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
What I think would be really appropriate is if he did what he does....and the media hardly even noticed...

Be impressed, be disgusted for any number of reasons as a Christian or any other belief (including atheism), but keep your opinions to yourself. I will add that it is preposterous to acuse someone of being the Anti-Christ when they have not been seen or heard of committing a single sin. Even if you were right, it would be very wrong to make such statements at this time.
oops...
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Tebow began a ritual of hosting someone who has been challenged by disease or disability for each Broncos game.

The honoree and his/her family is flown in to the game, meet with Tim before hand, given tickets to the game, and gets to spend more time with Tim after the game. All on Tebow's nickel.

Who else makes that kind of commitment? Why not? For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required.
Old 01-14-2012   #17
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 18049 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think it goes both ways. As much as I hate when people ridicule others because of their faith, I equally hate it when the followers of a religion ordain one of their fellow believers a blessed figure. It's the people that say things like "Jesus is behind Tim Tebow" and things like that that are causing the ridicule. The sad thing is that none of it is really Tebow's fault, it's more the media being it's typically pathetic self.
Old 01-14-2012   #18
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-14-2012   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Turns out Tim Tebow isn't the Anti-Christ.

He's the Anti-Brady

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read