Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2012   #21
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans fans being called arrogant

Well most people's first impression of our fans online is over on the "official forum". Can't say they don't deserve whatever labels they get.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #22
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I can definitely see where the arrogant perception comes. Our team has done NOTHING before this year, and somehow we as Texans fans have this mentality that the media isn't giving us what we deserve.

The problem is, what we deserve is very little coverage until we actually accomplish something. Thus far, we've beaten a very beatable Bengals team. I hear all the time that others are underestimating our team. Which could be true, but the flip-side of that is us over-valuing our team, which comes off as arrogance.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #23
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Charlie Sheen say....there's a thin line between being arrogant and "winning" and regardless of the difference, both will land you the same fate with almost the same results. Nice guys are ****ies.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #24
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I can definitely see where the arrogant perception comes. Our team has done NOTHING before this year, and somehow we as Texans fans have this mentality that the media isn't giving us what we deserve.

The problem is, what we deserve is very little coverage until we actually accomplish something. Thus far, we've beaten a very beatable Bengals team. I hear all the time that others are underestimating our team. Which could be true, but the flip-side of that is us over-valuing our team, which comes off as arrogance.
While I agree with the overall sentiment of your statement, the Ravens ARE just as beatable as the Bengals.

Don't believe me? Just ask the Jags and Titans, IF they did it I don't see how believing this team COULD walk away with a W is being arrogant.

As I said, I DO agree with the overall sentiment, we shouldn't be expecting the media to bow to us as if we have some sort of legacy, I don't think we fans should discount what has been achieved either.

Luckily I kind of prefer the "lack of media respect" our Texans seem to do so much better with "not a chance in hell" than being the media favorites.
Old 01-14-2012   #25
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm "upset with the coverage" not because I believe we deserve more because its us, but rather there are four divisional playoff games this week and we're in one of them, so our game should get a bit more attention. How much more can someone analyze the Denver/NE or SF/NO games?
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #26
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
You said it.....for so many years this team has taken the brunt of jokes, been ridiculed...ect. going back to CarR....then the pick for Mario....who got the last laugh on that one...ect.....
I could care less what other teams fans think of us. Arrogance....cocky...ect ...its about time we had a attitude....
We are in the playoffs and you want me to be humble about it and not think my team can win.....you crazy.....

I will think what I want.....ICON....

Humming to So What.....by Metallica......
I agree. Ect.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #27
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 140 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Its not arrogance, its just our !
Like!
Old 01-14-2012   #28
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'm "upset with the coverage" not because I believe we deserve more because its us, but rather there are four divisional playoff games this week and we're in one of them, so our game should get a bit more attention. How much more can someone analyze the Denver/NE or SF/NO games?
The Texans are no worse than the Ravens in the "media coverage". The media seems to hate to report anything positive about the Ravens. It takes smart a$$ comments just for us to make the media (a la Joe Cool's comments).

While it upsets a lot of the fanbase, the team also seems to play just as well without it.

The Texans would get more airtime if they were playing "anyone" but the Ravens.

When the talking heads were discussing QB's before this weekend and who would have the better game, neither of our QB's were even mentioned in the discussion. I guess because we both run the ball and play good Defense. Perhaps we could play the game without a QB, just run the ball and play Defense...oh wait...the Broncos already have that covered.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post

Where were you last week?

Were you saying, the Texans were going to be one & done, or were you saying the Texans are going to beat the Bengals?

Most people thought we were going to be one & done because our rookie QB was greener than Dalton & Green. Because we have one name on the defensive side of the ball, & because we always disappoint.

Where were you?

There was only a thin sliver of us saying Cincinnati ain't crap predicting we would win that game... were you one of us?

If not, then the Texans have done something, & deserve more cred... at least more coverage in a play-off victory. It's a small thing, I know. But this is 24/7 news coverage... We've got a freak'n network dedicated to the nfl & we don't get any airtime to speak of until Friday?

That's wrong, no matter how you split it. Then, it's not about you really, it's about how Baltimore is going to lose the game.

"Arian Foster, I like him, but he's going up against a very tough defense.......

The Texans defense are amazing, but I think Ray-Rice is going to be too much for them.... "

What??
Old 01-14-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I agree with this. While the media may be disrespecting us.... what's this say about Baltimore. 4 years in a row... & no one cares.

ouch.
Old 01-14-2012   #31
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with this. While the media may be disrespecting us.... what's this say about Baltimore. 4 years in a row... & no one cares.

ouch.
Exactly... I said just the same thing to my cousin the other day.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #32
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, after all, we are the ONLY NFL TEAM that has never lost a playoff game.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #33
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Its not arrogance, its just our !
well said.
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #34
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA4Texan View Post
While I agree with the overall sentiment of your statement, the Ravens ARE just as beatable as the Bengals.

Don't believe me? Just ask the Jags and Titans, IF they did it I don't see how believing this team COULD walk away with a W is being arrogant.

As I said, I DO agree with the overall sentiment, we shouldn't be expecting the media to bow to us as if we have some sort of legacy, I don't think we fans should discount what has been achieved either.

Luckily I kind of prefer the "lack of media respect" our Texans seem to do so much better with "not a chance in hell" than being the media favorites.
True, anyone can beat anyone on a given Sunday. But I'd disagree that the Ravens are as beatable as the Bengals, given that they're at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Where were you last week?

Were you saying, the Texans were going to be one & done, or were you saying the Texans are going to beat the Bengals?

Most people thought we were going to be one & done because our rookie QB was greener than Dalton & Green. Because we have one name on the defensive side of the ball, & because we always disappoint.

Where were you?

There was only a thin sliver of us saying Cincinnati ain't crap predicting we would win that game... were you one of us?

If not, then the Texans have done something, & deserve more cred... at least more coverage in a play-off victory. It's a small thing, I know. But this is 24/7 news coverage... We've got a freak'n network dedicated to the nfl & we don't get any airtime to speak of until Friday?

That's wrong, no matter how you split it. Then, it's not about you really, it's about how Baltimore is going to lose the game.

"Arian Foster, I like him, but he's going up against a very tough defense.......

The Texans defense are amazing, but I think Ray-Rice is going to be too much for them.... "

What??
I was nervous as hell for that game, is where I was. I truly believed that if the Texans came out and played how they played for the majority of the season, we'd win. I also was positive that if we played like the last three games of the season, we'd lose.

I agree we should get more coverage. I agree that we have the right to predict our victory. I disagree that it doesn't come off as arrogance.

Assume we were playing the Colts and they were predicting they were going to beat us based on the play of Orlovsky and...who else is on that team? Regardless, I'm sure we would laugh at their arrogance.

We. Are. Underdogs. No ifs ands or buts, and our confidence in our victory over the Ravens comes off as arrogance to other fans.

This game I'm approaching differently than the Bengals. We don't just have to play our game. Because if we also let them play their game, we will lose. We have to beat their game.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #35
twyst
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 twyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performertwyst is a Legendary performer

Grats. It just means you are winning. Embrace the hatred and enjoy it to its fullest!
twyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #36
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by twyst View Post
Grats. It just means you are winning. Embrace the hatred and enjoy it to its fullest!
Good example is the Saints, for years no one heard from Saints fans. Then they won the Super Bowl. Texans fans are kind of going through the same process now, minus the Super Bowl win.

Plenty of Texans fans out there who are arrogant and will say stupid stuff. They are not all like fans that frequent this board, more level headed/calm.

Wonder how much of the arrogance can be attributed to the fans who are just now starting to support the Texans (closet fans)?

Whatever the reason it seems to be a natural fan evolution to go from humble/humbled fan base to louder and more vocal (arrogant) when times are good.
Old 01-14-2012   #37
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Coming from Raven's fans, I would imagine it's just pent up frustration. It must be hard getting to the playoffs so many times since 2000 as a favorite to win the Super Bowl only to blow it time after time. Flash forward to this year when its the Raven's "destiny" to win it all and here are these "arrogant" Texans fans who just wont accept fate. Sucks for them. That said, I think the Ravens and their fans are in for something of a surprise tomorrow.

On a side note, what kind of grown man wears purple? Seriously....
Old 01-14-2012   #38
_Dre
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 _Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected_Dre is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the hate
_Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #39
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
The funny thing is DUMB ass raven fans come on "OUR" message board and stupidly ask why we all think our team even has a chance.

Does he not realize that this is the texans fans message board and regardless thats usually what all NFL fans do, they believe their team will win.

And everyone wonders why other countries look at America and think "stupid"
Yes, EllisUnit. I had no idea that this was a Texans forum. Stupid me.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #40
kwoththeravens
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 kwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Coming from Raven's fans, I would imagine it's just pent up frustration. It must be hard getting to the playoffs so many times since 2000 as a favorite to win the Super Bowl only to blow it time after time. Flash forward to this year when its the Raven's "destiny" to win it all and here are these "arrogant" Texans fans who just wont accept fate. Sucks for them. That said, I think the Ravens and their fans are in for something of a surprise tomorrow.

On a side note, what kind of grown man wears purple? Seriously....
The only years I can think of that the Ravens should have been SB favorites were 2006 and 2010. And honestly, last year's Ravens team would not have been able to beat the Packers because last year's Ravens team (unlike the team this year) was unable to close out games against good teams.

Getting to the playoffs is difficult (as you all should know) so nobody on our side is taking anything for granted. The Texans have every reason to be confident - you all have a great defense and a good running game, just like we do. Whoever wins the turnover battle probably wins the game.

That said, I can see why some would take it as arrogance when you proclaim that you're going to come into M&T and smash the Ravens when, fact is, the Ravens haven't lost by more than 4 points at M&T Bank since the awful 5-11 2007 season. It's just not a realistic expectation.

I expect a close game. I think my team will come out on top but I will not be terribly shocked if we lose.
kwoththeravens is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read