Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2012   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans fans being called arrogant

Is anyone seeing and getting this? I am seeing this in other boards, facebook, and in other conversations.

I dont mind. Its a good thing IMHO.

I think its just because we are getting introduced to the NFL now that we are a player in the playoffs. And we know our team is good. I think these traditional playoffs are expecting us bow down and say "Sure your going to win. We just hope to win."

But hey,

And cowboy fans are still annoying.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans fans being called arrogant

The funny thing is DUMB ass raven fans come on "OUR" message board and stupidly ask why we all think our team even has a chance.

Does he not realize that this is the texans fans message board and regardless thats usually what all NFL fans do, they believe their team will win.

And everyone wonders why other countries look at America and think "stupid"
Old 01-13-2012   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Arrogant? Why? We've won one playoff game against an inferior team, and we're aggogant? Let's win a few super bowls, then we can be arrogant. Until then, if we are, we're being stupid.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

How can we be arrogant after winning our very first playoff game???

And who's paying attention to Texans/Ravens anyway? The way I hear it our game may be the lowest rated division round game in history?

Only folks who might call us arrogant now are fans whose teams are already on vacation -- and that's just green eyed jealousy.

Last edited by Playoffs; 01-13-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what I think is happening...Texans have started winning and now some of the "longtime" fans are jumping out and talking to whoever they can and talking ****..(probably the same fans that couldn't tell you who Tony Hollings was,for example)

Now I am not saying everyone should know the Texans history from 2002 and up...just saying alot of those that like to jump on the bandwagon, they also like to stand on top of it and scream the loudest.

but my opinion is pretty sheltered.. I live in a small town and I know who around town (for the most part) that has been a Texan fan for years and the ones that now are wearing the gear and trying to converse with me.. and I have no problem with that.. I DO find it funny and yet frustrating when you try to converse with deeper players with them (beyond the AJ,Schaub,Foster,Ryans, Cushing ,(big names) for example)
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

come one guys!!! THINK! arrogant is good.. we have the same amount of wins in the same amount of time in the league as the Cowboys

we have a reason to be arrogant

Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
And everyone wonders why other countries look at America and think "stupid"
it's true, we do.

Old 01-13-2012   #8
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

its just the same shiit every week during the NFL's season. fans visit the team boards of their next opponent and for some reason theyre shocked when they dont see fans of the opposing team bowing down to their's. it upsets them, then they return to their boards and create threads about their experience in foreign territory. the threads usually look something like, "x teams fans", then you see words like "they think", "they're delusional", they say that so and so fans are cocky.. then predictions of scores of 3X-10.. same shiit, different day..

Last edited by Premier; 01-13-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Arrogant? Why? We've won one playoff game against an inferior team, and we're aggogant? Let's win a few super bowls, then we can be arrogant. Until then, if we are, we're being stupid.
Nah, always stay humble...

Signed,

Cowboys fan.

Old 01-13-2012   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Arrogant. I'm not arrogant, I just know we're good, and are gonna stomp a mudhole in the purple birds Sunday.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #11
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

How in the hell are we arrogant?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #12
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
How in the hell are we arrogant?
Because we are not thanking everyone for the wonderful privilege of being humble fans of a playoff team.

We need to Tebow more to the established.
Old 01-13-2012   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what? F-ck what everyone else says. Our team use to be one of the worst. Now we are pretty damn decent. I've suffered and been called out long enough. I'm going to enjoy my team, wear my Texans gear, and talk crap to my friends. Why? Because it's what I use to do. If that makes me arrogant then y'all can kiss my donkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Is anyone seeing and getting this? I am seeing this in other boards, facebook, and in other conversations.

I dont mind. Its a good thing IMHO.
Remember this thread? I've just got a new entry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I think its just because we are getting introduced to the NFL now that we are a player in the playoffs.

And cowboy fans are still annoying.
Enjoy the ride, that's all I can say.

Remember the Dolphins got into the play-offs a few years ago & thought they were the ****..... now, they ain't ****. The Chiefs... play-offs last year. I think they've got a top ten pick in the next draft.

This offseason may be the worse offseason we've had yet.... there's going to be Wade drama, then a couple of hairy contract situations, there's going to be cap casualties.... & some of our favorites just won't be good enough for the team anymore.

Then we've got to try to win 10+ games next season... it ain't easy to stay on top. Especially not when you're the underdog.
Old 01-13-2012   #15
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Texans fans being called arrogant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
You know what? F-ck what everyone else says. Our team use to be one of the worst. Now we are pretty damn decent. I've suffered and been called out long enough. I'm going to enjoy my team, wear my Texans gear, and talk crap to my friends. Why? Because it's what I use to do. If that makes me arrogant then y'all can kiss my donkey.
You said it.....for so many years this team has taken the brunt of jokes, been ridiculed...ect. going back to CarR....then the pick for Mario....who got the last laugh on that one...ect.....
I could care less what other teams fans think of us. Arrogance....cocky...ect ...its about time we had a attitude....
We are in the playoffs and you want me to be humble about it and not think my team can win.....you crazy.....

I will think what I want.....ICON....

Humming to So What.....by Metallica......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #16
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

The jokes never bothered me because I don't really care what people think. Despite not caring what other people think, I hate when people are factually wrong. So I will go out of my way to defend the team when they're being misrepresented, as they are this week.

Otherwise, who cares. Other people's ridicule doesn't mean **** to me.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Its not arrogance, its just our !
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #18
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 89865 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Ravens fans are calling us arrogant because we believe we can win and are saying so. They expected us to grovel at the feet of the almighty Ravens and when we didn't they called us arrogant, when in fact it is them being arrogant.

Sure they have made many playoff appearances, but have any of those resulted in a Super Bowl appearance? Yes... 1 and one only. They usually make it to the playoffs, then collapse. What good is a 12-4 record to then lose in the first round?

They all said we would lose to the Bengals, and then we we won, the story changed to "Yeah but now you have to beat a real playoff team" or some other story. It is the Ravens fans who want the Texans fans to bow down and kiss their ring.

Texans fans are just standing up for their team when everyone with the exception of a small percentage is writing them off.

First we were soft, now we are arrogant... hmmmm.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
it's true, we do.

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #20
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Its not arrogance, its just our !
hell yeah, Rep

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read