Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2012   #1
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Total Team Stats After Weeks?

Is there a site that allows you to set parameters for offense and defensive statistics between weeks? Like, if I wanted to pull up Houston's offensive and defensive statistics and rankings after Yates took the QB spot. When was that, Week 13? From Week 13 to the end of the regular season, I guess.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Total Team Stats After Weeks?

You can try these, I don't know if it's what you're looking for.

Cincy Playoff

Colts Game

Cincy Clinch Game

Jags Game

Bucs Game

Browns Game

Jags Game

Titans Game

Ravens Game

Raiders Game
Old 01-13-2012   #3
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Kimmy but not what I'm looking for. Basically I just want to see where the team is ranked in total offense, passing, rushing, defense, points allowed, etc in comparison to the rest of the league since Yates took over.

Like, if I'm looking at total team stats, the Texans are where they are, but that includes all the stats we compiled with Schaub so I want to remove those to create a better reflection.
Old 01-13-2012   #4
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Thanks. How can I set it so it shows me the rankings since Week 13 or whenever TJ took over?
Old 01-13-2012   #6
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Thanks Kimmy but not what I'm looking for. Basically I just want to see where the team is ranked in total offense, passing, rushing, defense, points allowed, etc in comparison to the rest of the league since Yates took over.

Like, if I'm looking at total team stats, the Texans are where they are, but that includes all the stats we compiled with Schaub so I want to remove those to create a better reflection.
I'm not sure if you can find what you're looking for here...

Interesting power rankings

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/rankings/
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #7
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Nah. It's alright, doesn't matter. No worries.
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #8
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Thanks. How can I set it so it shows me the rankings since Week 13 or whenever TJ took over?
I think you can use the Team Game Finder under the play index section of pro football reference's database to get what you need.

What exactly are you trying to do?
Old 01-15-2012   #9
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I think you can use the Team Game Finder under the play index section of pro football reference's database to get what you need.

What exactly are you trying to do?
I want to see our offensive (and defensive, I guess) rankings compared with the rest of the league from the second Jacksonville game on. Basically since Schaub got hurt. Total yards offense, passing, rushing, defense, etc.

You know how they always say things like, "Since Week 9, the Texans have ranked 2nd in passing".

Well I want to see specifics on how much we've dropped off since Schaub got hurt. Because when you go to NFL.com to look at team stats, you see all the teams, but our numbers include what we've done with Schaub too since the stats shown are a reflection of everyone's whole season.
Old 01-15-2012   #10
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

You can do that with their datatbase. Go to play index, then team game finder, then use the season cumulative games search (2011 only), select wk 13 to 17, and select the criteria you want.

For example, here's the off. pass yds rankings for those weeks.

[http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ds#stats::none

Here's where we ranked in that same category when Schaub was qb.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ds#stats::none

Total yds rankings with TJ Yates

Total yds rankings with Schaub

Old 01-15-2012   #11
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Hey that's great man! Thank you so much. Time to dig into these numbers and see what there is.

Honestly, looking at these numbers, there isn't a huge production difference. We obviously threw more with Schaub, but our total passing offense with Schaub was 15th and without him we went to 19th. With him, 292 attempts and 61%. Without him, 147 attempts and 62.6% completion. 2381 with him, 998 without him. We did turn the ball over more and we were sacked way more often though. That doesn't bode very well.

So the key remains: Take care of the ball and POSSESS the ball, and good things will happen.
Old 01-15-2012   #12
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

We were first in total tm rushing yds from wk1 to wk 10, but we dropped to sixth from wk12 to the end of the season. However, the avg yards per attempt actually increased during that span. (from 4.43 to 4.59)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read