Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2012   #1
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans shown love on ESPN

For all the people who complain about not getting "recognition".

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...-ravens-spread

This video starts of with with the typical ESPN line of “(the Houston Texans) managed to survive the first round game against Cincinnati.”

They start discussing the line of 7.5 and discussing whether it is too high, too low, or just right. First guy doesn’t even sound like he knows what he’s talking about. Second guy starts talking about Flacco. He does say “Texans defense hunts” and gives props to the linebackers.

Then, of all the people, Skip Bayless shows the Houston Texans some love:

“The Texans have won me over. Been a doubter all year long. Because that team continues to display through lots of big injures: Mario, obviously Schaub, for a long time Andre Johnson gone. They showed a backbone and a character and guts that the other team in Texas never displayed all year. This team could of quit and never quit. And it got a little better and a little better and that defense isn’t the Ravens defense, but I got to tell you, it’s on the next level, just one level down, just one notch. It’s really good. And Wade Phillips has done a really good job with it. And listen, Arian Foster…he can carry that mantle too. And I think he is going to carry it a lot against that defense. And the Texans offensive line, I’m not sure it isn’t the best in football. Seriously, they don’t get a lot of accolades…I know New Orleans is really good. But as a unit, the way they road-grade people, they are really good. And the Ravens are going to have a hard time with this. I see a low-scoring game.”
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans shown love on ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
Then, of all the people, Skip Bayless shows the Houston Texans some love
Crap, we're doomed.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans shown love on ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Crap, we're doomed.
That was my first thought. I want the nation to know who we are, but Skip Bayless is about the last person I want on the bandwagon.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #4
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're mad about bandwagon analysts after we complained about not getting recognition?
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're mad about bandwagon analysts after we complained about not getting recognition?
You know at this point I just might be. I wish our players and our owner could just get outlandish and say "**** you!!!" ESPN. And I mean literally.

I'd love for Bob and our players to ignore any ESPN anchor and send a public message to ESPN saying that they don't want to be on their dog and pony show network and stick it where the sun don't shine. Literally shut ESPN out of anything that has to do with them.

Now I know that is a pipe dream and very unrealistic, but man **** those guys at ESPN. If the Texans were to win a SB, Id' want to see the coverage on them, but then again after being snubbed so badly by ESPN all season long after such a cool season we've had, it would be nice to see a team franchise embarrass and trash ESPN publicly and snub them back.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Crap, we're doomed.
Yep...

Anybody but that fucher.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

A.B.B. --- Anyone but Bayless.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2012   #8
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Been saying it for a while, the whole "no respect for the Texans by the media" has been overblown. All the major sports stations has been giving us respect due to our resilency. The fact is, when your an underachieving franchise for years and then you start winning, its going to take a while for the media to hop on aboard. And last of all, who cares about the attention, it about winning football games.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Been saying it for a while, the whole "no respect for the Texans by the media" has been overblown. All the major sports stations has been giving us respect due to our resilency. The fact is, when your an underachieving franchise for years and then you start winning, its going to take a while for the media to hop on aboard. And last of all, who cares about the attention, it about winning football games.
I was fine with that for years and carried that same sentiment. However this was a miraculous season for us and we carried the #1 seed or was tied for it for a while this season even after all of the injuries and with Yates at QB. THAT WAS A GREAT STORY. It was a much better story than the Tebow crap which was a good story, but not on the level of what the Texans did this season especially with it being their first playoff birth in their history as a franchise.

It didn't happen just to us though. The 49ers got completely snubbed as well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #10
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

How in the **** is beating a team 31-10 "barely surviving"
Old 01-11-2012   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

They talked about Cushing being an "animal"............playing without a helmet!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
If TebowMania wasn't sweeping the media, I'd say you knew what you were talking about. As it stands.... nope.
Old 01-11-2012   #13
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108923 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Of all the people I don't want on my bandwagon...
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #14
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Texans shown love on ESPN

I have complained about BSPN in the past. It is what it is.
I do think the line of 7 plus is too high myself and agree with Bayless.
I was surprised they had JJWatt on NFL32 yesterday and Andre Ware talking about the Texans on Mike and Mike this morning....so we are getting more talk....I cant believe it.....
Imagine next week if we win....lol
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
They talked about Cushing being an "animal"............playing without a helmet!
Ha, hahahaha ..... they can't get it right even when they're trying!

MSR
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #16
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting caught up in media is what people who have inferiority complexes do. I would hate for our team to give even the slightest of acknowledgment to "no media coverage". Loser's mentality.

Who. Gives. A. ****.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #17
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Bayless shows us love only because his precious Cowboys are turrible!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For all the people who complain about not getting "recognition".

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...-ravens-spread
I know you're not going to like me for this, but I have to point something out to you.

The link you supplied, it's to the AFC South blog. Kuharsky writes on the Texans nearly every day, all week long, all year long. If this was your way of showing how ESPN is exhibiting "love" then you picked a poor example, seeing as how Kuharsky writes about the Texans every day.

I think the things people want to see from the media is all the "cover story" type articles and TV pieces like they do on the Jets or on Tebow, etc.

Even Kuharsky, who is a bit of a Titans homer since he wrote for a Nashville paper before becoming the ESPN AFC South blogger, is saying that the 2011 Texans and all they've been through is not being celebrated by the media as much as it should be.

Your title is fine. Your link and the quoted material is great. But to start off the thread by telling people "For all the people who complain about not getting 'recognition'..." is snarky and, once again, lecturing people who have been around for 10 years and don't need a finger wagged at them over something like this.
Old 01-11-2012   #19
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Boo ESPN...that is all (and this will hopefully be the lamest post I ever do, but knowing me, it won't be)
Old 01-11-2012   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Bayless shows us love only because his precious Cowboys are turrible!
Pretty sure Bayless is banned from anything Cowboys related due to all the stuff he wrote about Aikman being gay and etc etc.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read