Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2012   #61
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29204 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network No Huddle says Yates Will Be Rattled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
If I'm Kubiak I'm going in there using a Sun Tzu tactic. Sun Tzu went faced an army five times larger than the one he had. He convinced his men they were going to die anyway and to take as many of the enemy with him as they could. I'd say something like:

"The Ravens think they've won this already, their FANS think they've won this already. The MEDIA is already trying to decide if THEY are going to play New England or Teblow next week. Since the media says we done for...F#*K it. Let's go down swiging. Corners...bump the ISHT out of those receivers. Get between them and that football when it's in the air and if you can't OBLITERATE the SOBS if they DO catch it. If one of your boys has a runner wrapped up but you don't hear a wistle pretend he's a steak and you're a starving dog and make a bee-line for him...and try to knock the ball out.

Offense take the underneath stuff. Chip away at them and take the clock down. Play like this will be the last game of your career. If this IS how you're going out how do you want to remembered?

IF they win...IF they get the W that everyone has given them already let them look at you through at least one black eye as they're shaking your hand and let them limp into next week's game against either Brady or Teblow. IF they take a W today, go on to win the Superbowl and eventually make it to the hall of fame, let them remember that to get there they took an asswhipping from the Houston Texans in the hardest fought game of their entire careers. Gentlemen...let's play some damn football."
What I want to do right now is hurl a giant sword onto a football field, Braveheart-style, then charge onto that field and pile-drive someone into the dirt while roaring my lungs out.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I'll tell you what I don't like in this game...

Myers and a weakened Briesel vs Ngata.

IF Yates gets rattled... I think this matchup is why. Myers has always struggled strength-wise against the premiere NTs including Ngata. Briesel is still recovering from his injury so I'd expect him to be slowed down some.
The Ravens use a mix of a 3 and 4-man front (sometimes two, sometimes five or six).

Gnata played everywhere along the line.

In the 08 game, he lined up outside Winston (in a 6-man goal-line stand) but then dropped back and made an INT in the endzone.
He beat Brisiel with a swim move as a 34-DE to force a bad throw by Rosenfels (INT).

Last year, he jumped over D.Brown to bat down a pass to Foster.
He beat Myers to get to Schaub on another play (Myers might have expected help from Caldwell).

Depending on the play and the protection call, we just have to double-team him here and there.
For example, in the earlier game this season, we had a triple-team on him once with Winston, Dreessen and Graham.

(Similarly, I've seen Mario getting a triple team once in a long while as well.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #63
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Is that how we describe ourselves now? "Advanced age"?

I like it.
If we were US Senators, we'd be youngsters.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #64
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
If I'm Kubiak I'm going in there using a Sun Tzu tactic. Sun Tzu went faced an army five times larger than the one he had. He convinced his men they were going to die anyway and to take as many of the enemy with him as they could. I'd say something like:
Or for short 'We're all going to die!!!!'

Wait a minute....
Old 01-13-2012   #65
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post
Well Cool Joe is no different than any other QB. You have to be able to get the pressue. With our O-line at 100% that could be easier said than done. This year Joe was sacked the least amount of times in his 4 year career which to me means our O-line is better than it ever has been.
Probably a bit misleading because after all Flacco also had his worst completion percentage, as well as Rice ran the ball allot more than years past so no wonder he was sacked less often.

Not saying the O Line did not protect him better, perhaps they did, but one would think his completion percentage would have gone up especially with so many more attempts than previous years.

The pressure will be there this weekend even if there are no sacks. Flacco will be hurried and knocked down allot. 4 Sacks or more would be a good showing against that line in my estimation.

Anyway I am happy they all picked against us because that pretty much assures a win, at least that has been the trend this season. I always get worried when they start picking us to win. That is when things seem to go wrong oddly enough.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #66
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Or for short 'We're all going to die!!!!'

Wait a minute....
That's what Sun Tzu's men went in thinking...and they came out victorious.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #67
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Yates scares me, he has a couple of big time oops moments each game it seems. The Bengals were unable to capitalize on it but I fear the Ravens will. I hope he is up to the task.

I get that nervous feeling too but I take comfort in the fact that by and large in games like this Matt Schaub also was good for an "Oops" moment here and there.

The drop-off will not be so much in the valleys as in the peaks. They make a lot of the same mistakes I believe. It's the corresponding plays that Matt makes and that T.J. hasn't quite got down yet.

Offsetting that are the 2-3 plays a game that T.J. also seems to make that aren't in Matt's repertoir.

It's going to be a very interesting game.
Old 01-13-2012   #68
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I get that nervous feeling too but I take comfort in the fact that by and large in games like this Matt Schaub also was good for an "Oops" moment here and there.

The drop-off will not be so much in the valleys as in the peaks. They make a lot of the same mistakes I believe. It's the corresponding plays that Matt makes and that T.J. hasn't quite got down yet.

Offsetting that are the 2-3 plays a game that T.J. also seems to make that aren't in Matt's repertoir.

It's going to be a very interesting game.
Last week the other QB had more OOPS moments than TJ because of our defense. Flacid has been know to have his share of OOPS moments as well. While I as well have a bad feeling about this game, it's also not like I don't know this game can be won by the Texans. They can do this.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read