Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-11-2012   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A day in the life of Mark Davis

Quote:
Back in the spring of 2008, when he was very much in charge of the Oakland Raiders’ singularly peculiar organization, Al Davis presided over a predraft meeting at the team’s Alameda, Calif., training facility. As coaches and personnel officials discussed what to do with the fourth overall pick, which the team would ultimately use to select Arkansas halfback Darren McFadden, the Hall of Fame owner’s son, Mark, casually drifted into the room.

“Mark,” Davis said, stopping the meeting and sounding genuinely interested. “What do you think we should do?”

Caught off guard, the younger Davis mumbled something about needing a wide receiver.

Wrong answer.

“A [expletive] receiver?” Al Davis snapped, his voice rising. “Get the [expletive] out of here.”

And with that, the heir to one of the NFL’s most storied franchises slinked out of the room and continued with the rest of his day.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...k_davis_011112

The whole article makes it sound like Buster Bluth is taking over the team. :|
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A day in the life of Mark Davis

A very smart man I knew related a long conversation he had with Ross Perot about his success and his relationship with his father.

Perot's statement was, "Every time we went to town I felt like I was standing on my father's shoulders."

It sounds like Al Davis scraped his son Mark from the bottom of his shoe. What a jerk.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #3
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...k_davis_011112

The whole article makes it sound like Buster Bluth is taking over the team. :|
Hmmm...is that better or worse than Buster Brown?

Old 01-12-2012   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

So far half the articles I've seen about the firing of Hue Jackson have characterized it as a smart move by someone changing the decayed and essentially worthless culture of the Raiders and the other half have characterized it as a huge mistake by a guy who has no idea what he's doing.

I'm left wondering which side is right. So far I like his GM hire and I think that it's hard not to make a case for giving that franchise a huge enema regardless of what his reasons for doing it might be. There's been something very wrong and rotten in Oakland for at least a decade. In my eyes at least taking that team over from Al Davis is like inheriting a fairly well stocked expansion team.
Old 01-12-2012   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Davis has the greatest hair - EVER!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read