Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2012   #81
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why these successsful Texans make me nervous..

Here. I'll state my credentials before the TexansFandom supervisory board:

1. Was an Indy fan after Bud left town.
2. Left Indy in the middle of a playoff run to be a Texans fan.
3. Emails from 2002 in my email account "Texansfan4life@....."
4. My desk is referred to as the shrine to the texans.
5. Member of "houstonprofootball.com" when we were scared we were going to be the "Roughnecks".
6. My post count should be considerably higher. I was part of the original TT before the merger.

I am hereby submitting myself to the Texans fan approval board. I humbly request that you consider my application and approve me as a certified, Grade-A fan.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #82
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Does anyone else hear the Yoda voice anytime something like this pops up? Seriously, I cannot read it in any other voice but Yoda's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Here. I'll state my credentials before the TexansFandom supervisory board:

1. Was an Indy fan after Bud left town.
2. Left Indy in the middle of a playoff run to be a Texans fan.
3. Emails from 2002 in my email account "Texansfan4life@....."
4. My desk is referred to as the shrine to the texans.
5. Member of "houstonprofootball.com" when we were scared we were going to be the "Roughnecks".
6. My post count should be considerably higher. I was part of the original TT before the merger.

I am hereby submitting myself to the Texans fan approval board. I humbly request that you consider my application and approve me as a certified, Grade-A fan.

Mike
I hereby second your nomination as a certified, Grade-A fan.

Now, let's cut you open to make sure that blood of your's is battle red...
Old 01-12-2012   #83
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

All new posters to Texans Talk are welcome and are encouraged to hit the ground running with all comments.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #84
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
All new posters to Texans Talk are welcome and are encouraged to hit the ground running with all comments.
u lion
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #85
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I want to neg rep you for some reason...just have this urge, I can't really explain it....
Old 01-12-2012   #86
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237716 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
P.S. I will rep everyone who posts in this thread with a relevant reply!!

*Starting now
Why?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #87
sluggo832004
Rookie

How do you think the Packers feel? I saw so many packer fans in houston all of a sudden last year.

Its just a trade off. You can either keep losing and have die hard fans, or get some success and have bandwagon fans.

Besides why worry about stuff you have no control over.

You know that phrase "real recognize real"? Well, I think real texan fans recognize other real texan fans.

Besides, I hope our biggest worry is bandwagon fans because we won the superbowl as opposed to firing kubiak and losing playoff games this year.
sluggo832004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2012   #88
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know, I mean it was kind of nice, to cheer and cry with your ride or die fans, people you knew were down to watch the game. Whether our chance to win was slim to none. Now, with the win, while it is great to see the capacity of Texans fans at bars almost double now, and I'm sure Uncle Bob appreciates the increased jersey sales, I know many of them, for a fact, were repping different colors earlier this season.

Ok, no the real reason that these newfangled good Texans make me nervous, post from people who know nothing about the Texans. Uggh, do your research before you jump on a bandwagon. Hell, I'm not even a Cowboys fan, but I can tell you most of their starting offense and defense from all of their 90's Super Bowls, Niners too, and Denver....I mean, come on, did you even pay attention when you used to root for the Packers....That Roy Rogers is a great QB, Huh!?

Then there's the foolish threads that get started, which I think is where I was going with the last paragraph, but then I got distracted, and I'm tired. Ok, so yeah. There's a reason so many people here, USED to be on clutchfans...well, they Took the Lakers to 7, and ever since, that sight has been horrible to go to.

Please, new people, we appreciate you becoming a fan, but learn your facts, and let's talk sensible football shall we??

OH, yes, Let's go Texans!! Wooh!
This, I'm afraid is the price of success. Everyone likes to be associated with a winner. Remember all those VY jerseys we used to hate seeing every where in Reliant. Seen many lately?

We're the "hot property" on the Houston sports scene. Late to the party noobs come with the territory.

Perki you need to think of yourself as a Texans Master. Be patient with the young padawans as the learn the ways of our Texans.

I know it's tough.
Sometimes I'm like....
...what did you say...??

But then I think if we don't help them, who will?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #89
Pieman2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Pieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then there's the foolish threads that get started, which I think is where I was going with the last paragraph, but then I got distracted, and I'm tired. Ok, so yeah. There's a reason so many people here, USED to be on clutchfans...well, they Took the Lakers to 7, and ever since, that sight has been horrible to go to.

OH, yes, Let's go Texans!! Wooh!
Clutchfans is just horrible now.. they're so arrogant
Pieman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #90
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Why?
It was just for fun, but alas, I can't do that anyway! lol. It was late after a long day at work, cut me some slack! lol
Old 01-13-2012   #91
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman2005 View Post
I think "ignorant" would be the more proper phrase. DaDakota and some of the others weren't bad, but man, the newcommers...it got ridiculous. I mean when they are arguing about whether or not Jordan played during our second Chip...um, yes, he came back as 45, sucked and then went back to 23 because that was the last jersey his dad saw him play in, or something to that effect. Once he got back to 23, he lit the world on fire again, but his teamates weren't ready for the smoke. As far as I know, there were 27 other teams in the league at the time that could have stepped up and took those chips, but they didn't. nah na hah na boo boo. Should of got in on that Craig! I would have loved a Rockets Bulls finals the next year, too bad they traded away a championship team for Barkley and we started wearing the pajamas which completely messed up our mojo.

Anyway, I digressed quite a bit. My whole point was, fine, hop on the wagon, but don't come here talking unless you know what you are talking about! I'd hate to have to go message board searching again. I might start my own, where you have exactly 30 questions and 10 seconds to answer each question. If said questions are not answered with over 90% proficiency, then you will be a rookie with no new thread posts and limited posting priveledges until you pass the test which will be a series of 15 different tests randomly picked assessments. You can also only take one per week. Study up boys!
Old 01-13-2012   #92
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I so glad that we have Andre Jones back from the hammy. Also, I re-watched the balt. week 6 game and Jacoby Johnson looked pretty good. I say he had two feet down in the 4 quarter - that was just som bs.

MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #93
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure was nice having bandwagon fans rockin' Reliant last week.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #94
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman2005 View Post
clutchfans is more of the same, the "99ers" feel superior to everyone, i use to visit that site when it was clutchcity.net, the mb used to be private and only gave access to people who made donations via paypal, i was 15 at the time i didnt have a paypal account.. but anyway. smh there are people who really point their noses up to peoples join dates, as if it solidifies your fanhood.. i was a member of the espn message boards since 2004, they recently changed their message board formats and the entire cast of the texans board decided to leave and make our own board to post on. texans4life.com. but i decided to open up an account here also...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read