Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2012   #61
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Remedy for annoying fans at sportsbars........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
So now you think you're better than me!!!

I'm always right in my own mind!
Old 01-12-2012   #62
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why these successsful Texans make me nervous..

My only beef with newb bandwagoners are the few that come onto my beloved Texans Talk and ghey it up with oversensitivity.

Check the post count in this thread to zero in on the offenders.
Old 01-12-2012   #63
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm always right in my own mind!
Aren't we all, DB, aren't we all!!
Old 01-12-2012   #64
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
My only beef with newb bandwagoners are the few that come onto my beloved Texans Talk and ghey it up with oversensitivity.

I think you just hurt my feeling. I'll have to check it and get back to you....
Old 01-12-2012   #65
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. Quite an intriguing read here.

Are some folks really upset about new fans to the team? How is that not anything but incredibly shortsighted?

Kudos to those who were loyal to the team since day one, but that doesnt give license to talk down to new fans nor does it mean their new-found loyalty to the team is any less valubale then others.

I am a mod on a Ravens message board (Ravens 24x7) and these "real fan" debates are not tolerated. Allowing them to go on stifles growth of the fan base and makes others feel intimidated. Team snobbery is ugly, no matter the team.

If someone bleeds red, white and blue Texan, what gives others to right to question their loyalty?
HoustonRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #66
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh yeah?!?!?! Well, I'm a better fan than all of you!!! Nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #67
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post

Hey, my post count is low and I've been here since 2004...I just lurk more than I post...so that's not a surefire indicator.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2012   #68
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Are some folks really upset about new fans to the team? How is that not anything but incredibly shortsighted?

Kudos to those who were loyal to the team since day one, but that doesnt give license to talk down to new fans nor does it mean their new-found loyalty to the team is any less valubale then others.

I am a mod on a Ravens message board (Ravens 24x7) and these "real fan" debates are not tolerated. Allowing them to go on stifles growth of the fan base and makes others feel intimidated. Team snobbery is ugly, no matter the team.

If someone bleeds red, white and blue Texan, what gives others to right to question their loyalty?
IF they actually bleed those beloved colors sir...IF
Old 01-12-2012   #69
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We don't know what color they bleed until they get cut...
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #70
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
IF they actually bleed those beloved colors sir...IF
So there is a test?!?! SMH.

You don't even live in Houston, so your status as a fan should be questioned, right?
Old 01-12-2012   #71
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

ITT newbie Texans fans are hating getting called out.

Inb4 a three paragraph rant by amazing80
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #72
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
So there is a test?!?! SMH.

You don't even live in Houston, so your status as a fan should be questioned, right?
LOL, I was born and raised in Houston, born in Heights Hospital as a matter of fact and now I live a whopping 50 minutes from Reliant...try again! Sorry that I've been somewhat successful in my life, but not actually successful enough to get a loft downtown or in the Galleria area! lol
Old 01-12-2012   #73
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Quote:
LOL, I was born and raised in Houston, born in Heights Hospital as a matter of fact and now I live a whopping 50 minutes from Reliant...try again! Sorry that I've been somewhat successful in my life, but not actually successful enough to get a loft downtown or in the Galleria area! lol
You missed my point.

Clearly, you have an arbitrary litmus test for Texan fandom. So I ask then in a more direct way, why do you feel the need to question your own fans loyalty to the team?
Old 01-12-2012   #74
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
ITT newbie Texans fans are hating getting called out.

Inb4 a three paragraph rant by amazing80
SMH, nope. Have at er'
Old 01-12-2012   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
There's a reason so many people here, USED to be on clutchfans...well, they Took the Lakers to 7, and ever since, that sight has been horrible to go to.
site

short for Web-site
Old 01-12-2012   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I sure hope the Texans kick some Raven a$$ so a bunch of these boneheads will shut their pieholes and I'm talking big media all the way down to coworkers, neighbors and friends.
& if we get our butts handed to us are you going to shut your pie-hole?

Doubt it.

That's not the way it works.

The thing that worries me most about these Texans.... if they get to the SuperBowl... that will be the expectation every year from here out.

While I get having high expectations, I know it's not going to happen every year. I like to enjoy the season, every stinking minute of it. I like to go along for the ride & ride the wave of emotions a season brings.

You all know me, even last year until we were mathematically out of it, I held on to hope against all hope.

With these "new" successful Texans, that wave is going to crash if we start the year off 0-1..... or 1-1.... every loss is going to be even more unbearable (around here) than it already is.

It's not easy to bring the koolaid every week in that kind of environment.

Old 01-12-2012   #77
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& if we get our butts handed to us are you going to shut your pie-hole?

Doubt it.

That's not the way it works.

The thing that worries me most about these Texans.... if they get to the SuperBowl... that will be the expectation every year from here out.

While I get having high expectations, I know it's not going to happen every year. I like to enjoy the season, every stinking minute of it. I like to go along for the ride & ride the wave of emotions a season brings.

You all know me, even last year until we were mathematically out of it, I held on to hope against all hope.

With these "new" successful Texans, that wave is going to crash if we start the year off 0-1..... or 1-1.... every loss is going to be even more unbearable (around here) than it already is.

It's not easy to bring the koolaid every week in that kind of environment.

Thats the nature of the beast. I am emotional after a loss, I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I get over it within a day and move on. Some people are not like that. Heck here in Wisconsin, people are like that towards the Packers, it is what it is. This is sports and you get some knuckleheads who follow the same team as you, nothing you can do about it except try to instill some rational thought into their minds.
Old 01-12-2012   #78
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
site

short for Web-site
Ah, thanks Thunderkyss, whatever would I do without someone to correct me when I type somthing up and the mistakes avoid my site....doh!
Old 01-12-2012   #79
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
site

short for Web-site
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #80
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
You missed my point.

Clearly, you have an arbitrary litmus test for Texan fandom. So I ask then in a more direct way, why do you feel the need to question your own fans loyalty to the team?
There's no litmus test really, I mean, mostly I'm being rather facetious through this whole thread. Your sarcasm meter is either not working, or maybe my sarcasm isn't. I've explained what my problem is, I don't know why I have to keep explaining it to a Raven fan of all people. Sure, you are a "moderator" on a Raven website, slow clap for you buddy. The website thing makes no bit of difference to me obviously, as I just found Ttalk during training camp. It's whatever though, I was making fun of a lot of the popular posts with this current thread, but then I found some truth in what I was making fun of after I thought about it. The fun part is, people get all butt hurt. That's hilarious. We're rooting for a FOOTBALL team with a bunch of sissies!! LOL Does anyone not see the irony in that?!?! If you just got on the bandwagon, if you've been here, that's great! Root your hind parts off! Don't, by any means jump ship though once we start sucking again in 10 years! That's all I'm saying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read