Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2012   #41
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why these successsful Texans make me nervous..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Today the Baltimore Ravens welcome the Tennessee Texans....with Jacoby Joseph Watts!!!

....and Gary Phillips!
Ummm....you know.....I'm thinking Gary Phillips would be the best head coach ever for this team. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #42
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Remedy for annoying fans at sportsbars........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's kind of strange. It's like the farther along they go the less I want to interact with people about them. Last week I watched the game by myself in the den with a bucket full of beer and a very loose grip on my sanity. I just knew I wasn't in any mood to be in a crowd. If things "went wrong" I didn't want to be surrounded by people I would inevitably end up arguing with over what happened. Since things went well I just enjoyed it "in here" so to speak. I kind of knew that if the Texans came out and laid an egg against Cincinnati it was going to be a "I just threw a beer through my TV screen" kind of day. If it's going to come to that then it's best done at home I think.

All week long I've felt very little urge to post (many of you may see this as a feature and not a problem) and the last people in the world I want to speak with are Ravens fans. I'm enjoying this and I don't want to read their "You got NO CHANCE" blather. I know what we're looking at and like everyone else here I know the odds. I just think there's always a chance. Hey, I've been sitting in front of a TV for a decade now thinking (stupidly) that were gonna win every week. I may not admit it but I think it. Even in the first couple of years I was looking for that upset every week but knowing it wasn't going to happen.

I think I'll be social this week and watch this game among friends. My mental state is a little more conducive to social interaction. This week I understand the chances are small and I dont' want to say I'm fine with a loss but I understand that the farther along we go the harder it is to succeed with our rookie QB. Again (as always) I'm looking for the upset because if it happens then it's going to be the most amazing thing ever since last weeks "most amazing thing ever".

These successful Texans don't make me anymore nervous though than the previously unsuccessful Texans. They fill me with hope and that's something I was out of by the end of last year.
I think the thing that bugs me is when people will come up to you and ask you why the Texans ran that play or threw that ball or ran that defense....Like I am a coach or something... It gets to a point where you finally say "Leave me alone...I dont freakin know and let me watch the game"
This has happened numerous times at sports bars.

I have found one remedy.....take a pocket radio with earphones.....usually others will leave you alone if they can tell you are listening to the radio and if they ask you a question....point to your pocket radio....and say your listening to play by play.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #43
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Remedy for annoying fans at sportsbars........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I think the thing that bugs me is when people will come up to you and ask you why the Texans ran that play or threw that ball or ran that defense....Like I am a coach or something... It gets to a point where you finally say "Leave me alone...I dont freakin know and let me watch the game"
This has happened numerous times at sports bars.

I have found one remedy.....take a pocket radio with earphones.....usually others will leave you alone if they can tell you are listening to the radio and if they ask you a question....point to your pocket radio....and say your listening to play by play.....
I'm the opposite...always willing to teach. I know more than enough X's & O's to indoctrinate newbies to alignments, formations, motion & play-action.

If nobody helps these folks, they'll never get any better!
Old 01-12-2012   #44
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 18049 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing that's irritating about bandwagoners is being confused with one. I've had at least one guy look at me in my ratty Texans shirt and ask, "Are you a new fan?", all snide and italicized like that. Then I lift my sleeve and show them my Texans tattoo and say, "2 and 14..." I then walk away feeling like the Bruce Willis of fandom. "Die Hard" Bruce Willis...not that ***** "Cop Out" sh!t.

Old 01-12-2012   #45
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Hell, the ANNOUNCERS still refer to us as the Titans, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniel, Adrian Foster, Matt Schwab, etc. You think late-to-the-game bandwagon fans are going to be BETTER?

Walters damnit...WALTERS!

Old 01-12-2012   #46
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I'm the opposite...always willing to teach. I know more than enough X's & O's to indoctrinate newbies to alignments, formations, motion & play-action.

If nobody helps these folks, they'll never get any better!
This. If we do not help the noobs there will be no more TexansTalk.com in 10 years....we need fresh blood, why not mold them the way we want instead of letting them run rough shot and just yelling at them?
Old 01-12-2012   #47
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
This. If we do not help the noobs there will be no more TexansTalk.com in 10 years....we need fresh blood, why not mold them the way we want instead of letting them run rough shot and just yelling at them?
And that wouldn't be a problem, Amazing80, if they were WILLING to learn. A lot of them, think they know everything and no amount of links or hard facts can change their mind. It is what it is I guess. Like I said, I only started this thread as a joke, but there was some truth behind it. I think it sincerely bugs those of us who have had to endure through all the thin, and now that it's thick, here comes "Mister Conveniently a fan of _________" Put the latest winner in the blank. I mean, come on, it's easy to be a fan of the Steelers, and hinge on their 6 championships, or any other recent winner, but how many of these Saints fans where actually fans and went through the many years of hardships that franchise endured. Now thay want to throw "their" Super Bowl in our face. I tell you what though, My buddies, people I served with, even some Japanese folks know who I've always repped, regardless, because that's what a fan does. I'm a Houston fan till I die! And I have a lot of friends that I respect because they've stuck with their teams. It's the one's that just want to be part of something special that erk me. Sure, let's cheer together, but next year, when we are going through a 2 or 3 game skid, don't jump ship, support your squad!
Old 01-12-2012   #48
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
And that wouldn't be a problem, Amazing80, if they were WILLING to learn. A lot of them, think they know everything and no amount of links or hard facts can change their mind. It is what it is I guess. Like I said, I only started this thread as a joke, but there was some truth behind it. I think it sincerely bugs those of us who have had to endure through all the thin, and now that it's thick, here comes "Mister Conveniently a fan of _________" Put the latest winner in the blank. I mean, come on, it's easy to be a fan of the Steelers, and hinge on their 6 championships, or any other recent winner, but how many of these Saints fans where actually fans and went through the many years of hardships that franchise endured. Now thay want to throw "their" Super Bowl in our face. I tell you what though, My buddies, people I served with, even some Japanese folks know who I've always repped, regardless, because that's what a fan does. I'm a Houston fan till I die! And I have a lot of friends that I respect because they've stuck with their teams. It's the one's that just want to be part of something special that erk me. Sure, let's cheer together, but next year, when we are going through a 2 or 3 game skid, don't jump ship, support your squad!
Dude. We're trying to help you newbs out. You have to pay attention though. Its rough being a Houston fan. You have to know when its ok to relax (after the game is over... never a moment before) and you have to know when to talk trash. (Never before the game is over.)

Most importantly you need to learn when to cheer and when to STFU. Now if you and Amazing80 will pay attention one day you too can be a good fan.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #49
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Dude. We're trying to help you newbs out. You have to pay attention though. Its rough being a Houston fan. You have to know when its ok to relax (after the game is over... never a moment before) and you have to know when to talk trash. (Never before the game is over.)

Most importantly you need to learn when to cheer and when to STFU. Now if you and Amazing80 will pay attention one day you too can be a good fan.

Mike
STFU, don't even start a war of words with me. i am not jumping into a pissing contest because frankly, you would be pissing into the wind. I shouldn't have to defend myself on this site every day but it seems like guys with years on this site act like they are the only fans in the world...GET OVER YOURSELF....Some of us avoid this site because of garbage like this. Ive been a fan since day one and use to FREQUENT this site, I am sure some of you will know my old screen name, I know if Vinny were around he would not like I was here.....amazingandre.....THATS me, Im back, Im older and much more mature, but people like you are starting to irritate me with all this garbage about not being a real fan.
Old 01-12-2012   #50
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
STFU, don't even start a war of words with me. i am not jumping into a pissing contest because frankly, you would be pissing into the wind. I shouldn't have to defend myself on this site every day but it seems like guys with years on this site act like they are the only fans in the world...GET OVER YOURSELF....Some of us avoid this site because of garbage like this. Ive been a fan since day one and use to FREQUENT this site, I am sure some of you will know my old screen name, I know if Vinny were around he would not like I was here.....amazingandre.....THATS me, Im back, Im older and much more mature, but people like you are starting to irritate me with all this garbage about not being a real fan.
I'm not starting a war of words. I was giving you advice. I don't know why you told me to Stir The Fire Up. I am sorry you are insecure about the length of time that you have been here. If you stay longer that will go away. This talk that you cannot be a true fan because you only started rooting for the Texans in October is just not legitimate.

Mike

Old 01-12-2012   #51
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
a real fan wouldn't say something like that amazing80

Yes, I'm kidding. I kid. I'm a kidder.
Old 01-12-2012   #52
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Mike
This right here is intentionally trying to get a rise out of someone. Do not ever question MY LOVE FOR THIS TEAM....the point is, who are you to tell people to learn anything? I am willing to bet I could teach you more than you could even imagine, but because I just joined and my low post count, people do not want to take these posts seriously because, "hes a noob"
Old 01-12-2012   #53
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
This right here is intentionally trying to get a rise out of someone. Do not ever question MY LOVE FOR THIS TEAM....the point is, who are you to tell people to learn anything? I am willing to bet I could teach you more than you could even imagine, but because I just joined and my low post count, people do not want to take these posts seriously because, "hes a noob"
Nothing to do with your post count. I was assuming that with a location of WI you can't know anything but the discount double-check. Don't know how that got confused. I will be more clear with newbs from now on.

Mike

P.S. When am I obnoxious enough that you don't figure out that I'm just clowning around? Do I have to go find that damn kitten/sarcasm smiley? Do newbs know what they mean?

Old 01-12-2012   #54
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Nothing to do with your post count. I was assuming that with a location of WI you can't know anything but the discount double-check. Don't know how that got confused. I will be more clear with newbs from now on.

Mike
Your subtle jabs aren't so subtle.....Im done
Old 01-12-2012   #55
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Your subtle jabs aren't so subtle.....Im done
Did you read my P.S?

You caught me bored/annoyed with the pissing contest. Sorry.

Mike

Old 01-12-2012   #56
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mike
LOL, this thread has definitely produced some good laughs, but I concur whole heartedly with your theory, but being that I also watched an awesome 2-14 season, I guess we're all noobs! Hey, Guess what?! Football is back in HOUSTON!
Old 01-12-2012   #57
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Did you read my P.S?

You caught me bored/annoyed with the pissing contest. Sorry.

Mike
No I did not, and sorry, honestly the guy GP has me a little irritated, so my guard is up....
Old 01-12-2012   #58
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
I'm not starting a war of words. I was giving you advice. I don't know why you told me to Stir The Fire Up. I am sorry you are insecure about the length of time that you have been here. If you stay longer that will go away. This talk that you cannot be a true fan because you only started rooting for the Texans in October is just not legitimate.

Mike
LOL, Mike, quit getting people all riled up! haha, I know how you work sir, I lurked for some time on here!
Old 01-12-2012   #59
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon, y'all, we are ALL part of Texans Nation. We have enough of a hard time with all the outsiders dismissing our team and talking trash about Houston without imploding ourselves right when our team starts to be successful.

Words of wisdom:

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 01-12-2012   #60
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
C'mon, y'all, we are ALL part of Texans Nation. We have enough of a hard time with all the outsiders dismissing our team and talking trash about Houston without imploding ourselves right when our team starts to be successful.

Words of wisdom:

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

So now you think you're better than me!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read