Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2012   #21
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why these successsful Texans make me nervous..

Look, I dont like these bandwaggoners anymore than you do. What I do know is this:

We have been BEGGING for more exposure and recognition from the mainstream media for the past 10 years. The only thing that brings exposure is winning. Once we start winning, we get a little more exposure. Once we get a little more exposure, we get more fans. Once more fans hop on, we get more primetime games. Once we get more primetime games, we get more exposure...and so on and so forth. One thing is for certain, all good things come from winning. Thats the root of it all.

Its one thing us die hard fans that have been here since day one will have to deal with. I will tell you this, Im glad we have to deal with more band wagon fans than annoying ass cowboy fans.

Not sure if you've noticed or not but they (cowboy fans) have seemed to shut up over the past few weeks and its Texans, Texans, Texans.
Old 01-12-2012   #22
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
So you aren't expecting a sell out for a home playoff game??
Oh it is sold out.

What tickets were put on sale sold out in 14 minutes.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #23
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post
Oh it is sold out.

What tickets were put on sale sold out in 14 minutes.
http://blog.chron.com/jeromesolomon/...ng-up-tickets/

Quote:
Even more interesting is how excited Houston fans are about the Texans. A whopping 17.6 percent of tickets bought in resale have gone to buyers in Texas.
Should be fun to see how many Texans fans show up!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #24
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Haha, and here comes Amazing80, the defender of the "new fan's" virginity. Advocate for the non commited. Protector of the one's who just want to live in the now and root for the good teams. Unfortunately, everyone missed the fact that this whole thread was made in jest. None of it was that serious. It was for a laugh. Go grab you a fresh pair of panties and get hyped up for the weekend!! Woot Woot! Go Texans

OH, and I'd rep you, but I'm out of rep points due to the promise I made in this thread...soddy
You and GP are the same, complain and complain and then complain some more. You think you both are entitled because you have time in compared to others. Doesn't matter. We're all on the same side and we should treat each other like that.

And I could care less about your rep, I am not here for rep, I am here to talk Texans football
Old 01-12-2012   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

blah blah blah blah blah

Arguing fandom is like arguing religion, it's pointless.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #26
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, no's, I've only been on texantalk since August, and Amazing80 already said how he used to be here a while back....We must not be real fans if we weren't on the internetz! LOL, internet "deuchery" I was repping the Texans in Yokosuka, Japan in 2003 when nobody there knew who they were. I had an expansion jersey before they ever stepped on the field. Too bad I didn't get the all important qualifier as a true fan, and that's an earlier date joining texanstalk! Snap! There goes my fanhood. It's all lost, I should just go root for the Cowboys. Really, dude, do we have to have the join date discussion and how that is meaningless. I used to chat on clutchfans about the Texans, but bounced when it got ridiculous over there. and then of course there were the "99ers", who were akin to people like yourself, people who's only accomplishment in life seems to be joining a fan forum when it first came out.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #27
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
You and GP are the same, complain and complain and then complain some more. You think you both are entitled because you have time in compared to others. Doesn't matter. We're all on the same side and we should treat each other like that.

And I could care less about your rep, I am not here for rep, I am here to talk Texans football
LOL, dude you have more rep than me, I was simply stating that because I posted that I would rep everyone who gave a relevant reply. LOL, I'm just stirring the pot brother, don't take offense to it. I've been on T-Talk only a couple months longer than you. God Bless and have a good one.
Old 01-12-2012   #28
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

i remember when i became a Texans fan, back in..... Dec 2011...
Old 01-12-2012   #29
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier View Post
i remember when i became a texans fan, back in..... Dec 2011...
lol! I almost spit up my coffee seeing the sarcasm literaly ooze off my screen!!
Old 01-12-2012   #30
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahh who'd have thought I'd get such a great reaction to a bit of light-hearted Wumming?

I've got people biting left right and center!

Well known fact; You weren't really a fan until you signed up to TT.

Over here, I was the only Texans fan before we had this great season, now what with all the bandwaggoners and everything I am still the only Texans fan I know of in the area. Although I do have a good friend of mine who's a big Ravens fan who i'm watching the game with on Sunday and I cannot wait!
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We're gonna dominate when Schoob is healthy next year.

won't even need Ben Yates.
Do you know where I can find a #90 Andre Johnson jersey?
Old 01-12-2012   #32
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol! I almost spit up my coffee seeing the sarcasm literaly ooze off my screen!!
Do either one of these guys look familiar to you ..... very familiar? Dad/Uncle?

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #33
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Do you know where I can find a #90 Andre Johnson jersey?
Is he the quarterback??
Old 01-12-2012   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Do either one of these guys look familiar to you ..... very familiar? Dad/Uncle?

I dunno, they kinda look a little wild and a little crazy!
Old 01-12-2012   #35
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
i remember when i became a Texans fan, back in..... Dec 2011...
Do do do do do you remmemmmber that? That was awesome!

Old 01-12-2012   #36
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Is he the quarterback??
No I think he plays special teams!
Old 01-12-2012   #37
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's kind of strange. It's like the farther along they go the less I want to interact with people about them. Last week I watched the game by myself in the den with a bucket full of beer and a very loose grip on my sanity. I just knew I wasn't in any mood to be in a crowd. If things "went wrong" I didn't want to be surrounded by people I would inevitably end up arguing with over what happened. Since things went well I just enjoyed it "in here" so to speak. I kind of knew that if the Texans came out and laid an egg against Cincinnati it was going to be a "I just threw a beer through my TV screen" kind of day. If it's going to come to that then it's best done at home I think.

All week long I've felt very little urge to post (many of you may see this as a feature and not a problem) and the last people in the world I want to speak with are Ravens fans. I'm enjoying this and I don't want to read their "You got NO CHANCE" blather. I know what we're looking at and like everyone else here I know the odds. I just think there's always a chance. Hey, I've been sitting in front of a TV for a decade now thinking (stupidly) that were gonna win every week. I may not admit it but I think it. Even in the first couple of years I was looking for that upset every week but knowing it wasn't going to happen.

I think I'll be social this week and watch this game among friends. My mental state is a little more conducive to social interaction. This week I understand the chances are small and I dont' want to say I'm fine with a loss but I understand that the farther along we go the harder it is to succeed with our rookie QB. Again (as always) I'm looking for the upset because if it happens then it's going to be the most amazing thing ever since last weeks "most amazing thing ever".

These successful Texans don't make me anymore nervous though than the previously unsuccessful Texans. They fill me with hope and that's something I was out of by the end of last year.
Old 01-12-2012   #38
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 103796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, the ANNOUNCERS still refer to us as the Titans, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniel, Adrian Foster, Matt Schwab, etc. You think late-to-the-game bandwagon fans are going to be BETTER?

Old 01-12-2012   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Hell, the ANNOUNCERS still refer to us as the Titans, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniel, Adrian Foster, Matt Schwab, etc. You think late-to-the-game bandwagon fans are going to be BETTER?

Hey, that Matt Schwab is a heck of a QB!
Old 01-12-2012   #40
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Today the Baltimore Ravens welcome the Tennessee Texans....with Jacoby Joseph Watts!!!

....and Gary Phillips!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read