Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2012   #1
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why these successsful Texans make me nervous..

I don't know, I mean it was kind of nice, to cheer and cry with your ride or die fans, people you knew were down to watch the game. Whether our chance to win was slim to none. Now, with the win, while it is great to see the capacity of Texans fans at bars almost double now, and I'm sure Uncle Bob appreciates the increased jersey sales, I know many of them, for a fact, were repping different colors earlier this season.

Ok, no the real reason that these newfangled good Texans make me nervous, post from people who know nothing about the Texans. Uggh, do your research before you jump on a bandwagon. Hell, I'm not even a Cowboys fan, but I can tell you most of their starting offense and defense from all of their 90's Super Bowls, Niners too, and Denver....I mean, come on, did you even pay attention when you used to root for the Packers....That Roy Rogers is a great QB, Huh!?

Then there's the foolish threads that get started, which I think is where I was going with the last paragraph, but then I got distracted, and I'm tired. Ok, so yeah. There's a reason so many people here, USED to be on clutchfans...well, they Took the Lakers to 7, and ever since, that sight has been horrible to go to.

Please, new people, we appreciate you becoming a fan, but learn your facts, and let's talk sensible football shall we??

OH, yes, Let's go Texans!! Wooh!
Old 01-11-2012   #2
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why these successsful Texans make me nervous..

I know whatcha mean sorta, I actually had to reserve a table at the bar I have been at since week one because last week some random family with a six month old kid (smoking bar) decided to get to the bar at 1pm.. bah.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #3
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

P.S. I will rep everyone who posts in this thread with a relevant reply!!

*Starting now
Old 01-11-2012   #4
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

"a relevant reply!!"

Seriously tho, such is the price we pay for winning. In the past, Houston has been pretty notorious for this. The 'Stros a few years back, and the Rockets in the mid '90s. Yes it's a bit annoying, but the most important thing is your frustration as a fan does very little to affect the players. Which in the end, is the most important thing.

Not everyone has the time nor the desire to research every sports team they decide to back. (Personally I take some satisfaction in knowing at least a little something about the team I'm sporting on my back) But that isn't the case with everyone. Yes, it gets annoying, but I usually just chalk it up to it being the way things are and just grab another beer and try to avoid those people while I'm out in public.
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #5
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The whole time I was reading this I was thinking to myself "get to the point!" then when the point finally came....I agreed.

I like there is more Texans support and believe me it has still not caught fire outside of Texas, I mean people respect us more and maybe even like us but I am not seeing jerseys everywhere or anything.

Either way if you are jumping on at least know what you are talking about so you can don't give Texans fans a bad image.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that I spend the pre-season agonizing over which guys are going to the practice squad and which guys are sneaking onto the team as ST and how many guys we have at each position and the fact that I can name pretty much anyone on the team just by seeing their number doesn't make me a better fan than someone who just shows up when we're winning and cheers the team on.

It just means we've got different priorities.

And if that other guy is rooting on other people when the Texans are down and who may well be rooting for our opponent next week, that's OK, too.

We're just different kinds of football fans. I'm glad to pick these guys and gals up and there's plenty of room for them. But the fact that they're not as into the team as I am is OK. Whether they know the rules of the game or the history of the team isn't really relevant. They are a fan in the capacity that they are a fan. It's not hardcore.

I mean, some would say that I'm not that hardcore because I usually only get to go to a game per year (none this season) and I don't really dress up (except to wear my Winston jersey and my wife wears her Duane Brown jersey so we can go as the Tackles on Battle Red day).

It's all good.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #7
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

I do take some morbid enjoyment in the fact that many of the Cowboys fans who for many years would love them when they were winning and quit watching football when they were losing now have another Texans team to defect to.

Do I like bandwagon fans: No

Do I find it funny to have fairweather cowboys fans defecting from "their team" to supposrt the new top dogs in the lone star state: Yes
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2012   #8
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 557 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about you guys, but what scares me the most is how do we handle our success. We all know after the 09 season, when we had our first winning season, there was hype surrounding the team the next season, and we all know that season turned out. I'm just nervous because next year we are going to be among the favorites by analyst to represent the afc in the super bowl. Is this team different and they meet those expectations, or will it be the same old Texans and disappoint everyone.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Then there's the foolish threads that get started...
Yes, those. I hate those.
Old 01-12-2012   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yes, those. I hate those.
Old 01-12-2012   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
I don't know about you guys, but what scares me the most is how do we handle our success. We all know after the 09 season, when we had our first winning season, there was hype surrounding the team the next season, and we all know that season turned out. I'm just nervous because next year we are going to be among the favorites by analyst to represent the afc in the super bowl. Is this team different and they meet those expectations, or will it be the same old Texans and disappoint everyone.
It'll NEVER be the same old Texans. We'll be one of the favorites to go to the Super Bowl, or to someone's AFC title game, but it will NEVER be the same.

Why? They won a ****ing PLAYOFF GAME!!!! It'll never be the same.

They are going to miss the playoffs again with high expectations. It's going to happen. Don't sweat that, man. Might be 10 years from now, but it's going to happen.

I think they'll be fine. People are going to keep getting hurt? One of these years, all these injuries won't come close to happening. Folks, they were told coming into the season that the division was theirs to LOSE; what did they do?
Old 01-12-2012   #12
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Its not even just new Texan fans its fans of teams that are already out of the playoffs or didn't make it at all. These goobers try and talk about the Texans like they have watched every game and player this year. They just look dumber and dumber the more they say. I can take the new Texan fans better than these know it all fans of other teams that critique the Texans without knowing a damn thing about them. I sure hope the Texans kick some Raven a$$ so a bunch of these boneheads will shut their pieholes and I'm talking big media all the way down to coworkers, neighbors and friends.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #13
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

All these "bandwagon" threads and bashing new comers threads are getting out of hand of pointless. First, how do you know some of these people aren't young teens? I know when I first posted here years ago I was a teen and said some stupid stuff, I was ultimately banned and matured since then, but to be so hateful towards these people at first glance is short sighted.

2nd, why hate on all the new guys? Why not EDUCATE THEM instead of being a dick to them? You want our team to be a top team and get recognized, then you need to be a NATIONAL product, not a Houston based one. People complain all the time here that we get no respect and we're not shown outside of Houston area and we get no prime time games, well until more people complain about it nothing will happen.

Every team has fans that make you shake your head, but thats whats great!!! The pessimism does get annoying but so does people (like you) constantly complaining about posts or threads but then you go and start crap like this.

A lot of you need a reality check because this is not the ONLY Texan site in the world, just because a guy is new here doesn't make him a bandwagon fan.
Old 01-12-2012   #14
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bandwagon fans are great when you have a home playoff game, especially if you have seats to fill.

I'll take any bandwagon fan that wants to buy a ticket this coming Sunday, it'll make it that much louder at M&T Bank.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #15
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post
Bandwagon fans are great when you have a home playoff game, especially if you have seats to fill.

I'll take any bandwagon fan that wants to buy a ticket this coming Sunday, it'll make it that much louder at M&T Bank.
So you aren't expecting a sell out for a home playoff game??
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #16
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
All these "bandwagon" threads and bashing new comers threads are getting out of hand of pointless. First, how do you know some of these people aren't young teens? I know when I first posted here years ago I was a teen and said some stupid stuff, I was ultimately banned and matured since then, but to be so hateful towards these people at first glance is short sighted.

2nd, why hate on all the new guys? Why not EDUCATE THEM instead of being a dick to them? You want our team to be a top team and get recognized, then you need to be a NATIONAL product, not a Houston based one. People complain all the time here that we get no respect and we're not shown outside of Houston area and we get no prime time games, well until more people complain about it nothing will happen.

Every team has fans that make you shake your head, but thats whats great!!! The pessimism does get annoying but so does people (like you) constantly complaining about posts or threads but then you go and start crap like this.

A lot of you need a reality check because this is not the ONLY Texan site in the world, just because a guy is new here doesn't make him a bandwagon fan.

Haha, and here comes Amazing80, the defender of the "new fan's" virginity. Advocate for the non commited. Protector of the one's who just want to live in the now and root for the good teams. Unfortunately, everyone missed the fact that this whole thread was made in jest. None of it was that serious. It was for a laugh. Go grab you a fresh pair of panties and get hyped up for the weekend!! Woot Woot! Go Texans

OH, and I'd rep you, but I'm out of rep points due to the promise I made in this thread...soddy
Old 01-12-2012   #17
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Haha, and here comes Amazing80, the defender of the "new fan's" virginity. Advocate for the non commited. Protector of the one's who just want to live in the now and root for the good teams. Unfortunately, everyone missed the fact that this whole thread was made in jest. None of it was that serious. It was for a laugh. Go grab you a fresh pair of panties and get hyped up for the weekend!! Woot Woot! Go Texans

OH, and I'd rep you, but I'm out of rep points due to the promise I made in this thread...soddy
Fan since August 2011 takes pop at fan since October 2011 for being a n00b. Priceless!
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're gonna dominate when Schoob is healthy next year.

won't even need Ben Yates.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We're gonna dominate when Schoob is healthy next year.

won't even need Ben Yates.
Thats because we are going to draft Peter Griffin III.

I am ok with bandwagon fans because that means our team will get more coverage. Also people know something special is happening and they want to be a part of it. Let them have their piece of the pie. There is more than enough to go around.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #20
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Fan since August 2011 takes pop at fan since October 2011 for being a n00b. Priceless!
Oh, no's, I've only been on texantalk since August, and Amazing80 already said how he used to be here a while back....We must not be real fans if we weren't on the internetz! LOL, internet "deuchery" I was repping the Texans in Yokosuka, Japan in 2003 when nobody there knew who they were. I had an expansion jersey before they ever stepped on the field. Too bad I didn't get the all important qualifier as a true fan, and that's an earlier date joining texanstalk! Snap! There goes my fanhood. It's all lost, I should just go root for the Cowboys. Really, dude, do we have to have the join date discussion and how that is meaningless. I used to chat on clutchfans about the Texans, but bounced when it got ridiculous over there. and then of course there were the "99ers", who were akin to people like yourself, people who's only accomplishment in life seems to be joining a fan forum when it first came out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read