Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249738 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Weather Forecast for the game - M&T Bank Stadium

My favorite NFL weather site:

http://www.wunderground.com/sports/N...?st=1326636000

Predicts game time ~33, winds ~7 mph, 20% chance of snow.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weather Forecast for the game - M&T Bank Stadium

Cushing getting bloody with the snow falling....would be sick.

Tough to assess how good or bad a snow game would be for us. I'd be scared of Rackers blowing a kick, and fumbles. But for a team like us who likes to control the clock and run the ball, snow would keep us from throwing so that might be nice, especially with Yates if his nerves are caught up. Might hurt Andre's impact though.

I don't know.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

So about the same forecast as here. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I luv it. Bring it on, MUTHER NATURE!

Yates is young and full of piss and vinegar...as is the rest of our team. The Ravens old citizen seniors (Reed and Lewis) will be arthritic and ready to go eat some Campbell's Chunky Stew in a nice warm locker room while we're running circles around them.

I'm calling this NOW--TEXANS WIN AND IT WILL SHOCK THE NFL NATION.

Texans will win.
Old 01-11-2012   #5
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Tough to assess how good or bad a snow game would be for us. I'd be scared of Rackers blowing a kick, and fumbles. But for a team like us who likes to control the clock and run the ball, snow would keep us from throwing so that might be nice, especially with Yates if his nerves are caught up. Might hurt Andre's impact though.

I don't know.
Geez, who would you rather have? Janikowski? Get off Rackers already... I usually don't use this word, but when I do, I mean it, but all this Rackers debate lately is a bunch of "duechery"
Old 01-11-2012   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen several sources including weather.gov predict sunny skies with no precipitation ~38*.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #7
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I've seen several sources including weather.gov predict sunny skies with no precipitation ~38*.
I saw something about mostly healthy with a 100% chance of Bulls on Parade!!!
Old 01-11-2012   #8
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans don't lose cold weather games. Just look at the Chicago game and Green Bay game a feew years back. I was at both...we won them both.

The Texans THRIVE on cold weather! BRING IT!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #9
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know.
I think that each and every catch that he will make will be that much more impactful. He may only get 5 catches for 63 yards but they could all be on 3rd downs.

Just saying.
Old 01-11-2012   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Well the local stations can't decide either. Go figure. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #11
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I usually don't use this word, but when I do, I mean it, but all this Rackers debate lately is a bunch of "duechery"
hahaha, this cracked me up
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, brakos, you're a genius!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #13
austins23
Rookie

Section: GridIron 525
Rep Power: 2552 austins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
The Texans don't lose cold weather games. Just look at the Chicago game and Green Bay game a feew years back. I was at both...we won them both.

Did you get that van running again?? I hope its ready for next weekend!!
austins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Geez, who would you rather have? Janikowski? Get off Rackers already... I usually don't use this word, but when I do, I mean it, but all this Rackers debate lately is a bunch of "duechery"

So a comment about me being worried that a KICKER might have trouble KICKING in SNOW is enough to get you riled up? I could have ****ing Pele out there and I'd still be scared ****less of a kick in snow.

Get over yourself. You've come on strong. Get over yourself.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #15
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was Tom Brady who said he likes playing in snow. The receivers get open easier because the DBs are slipping all over the place.

I think snow actually helps the passing game, it's the wind & rain you have to worry about.

The way Arian cuts and relies on his footwork so much, I'm hoping for no snow.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #16
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austins23 View Post
Did you get that van running again?? I hope its ready for next weekend!!
She's running!!!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #17
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post

The Ravens aren't a cold weather team! LOL

C'mon man. If it's cold and snowing you have to admit it gives the Ravens a slight edge, even if you are built like a cold weather team.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #18
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post
The Ravens aren't a cold weather team! LOL

C'mon man. If it's cold and snowing you have to admit it gives the Ravens a slight edge, even if you are built like a cold weather team.
Apparently it doesn't make anywhere near as much difference as people think when warm-weather teams visit cold weather teams.

I saw on Total Access last night (which gets shown over here a day later than over there so probably Tuesday's show) they were breaking it down and whilst its a big problem when dome teams go outdoors it isn't anywhere near as bad for teams who play in open stadia.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #19
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
So a comment about me being worried that a KICKER might have trouble KICKING in SNOW is enough to get you riled up? I could have ****ing Pele out there and I'd still be scared ****less of a kick in snow.

Get over yourself. You've come on strong. Get over yourself.
I can't get over me. I think about me everyday. Oh, parting is never sweet. The grass in the fields, the flowers in the garden, the trees in the forrest..

Ok, don't know where I was going with that. It was the fact that there was a whole thread kind of bashing Rackers and I found it amazing that nobody really looks up stats. And come on, "deuchery" is a fun word!
Old 01-12-2012   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I think it was Tom Brady who said he likes playing in snow. The receivers get open easier because the DBs are slipping all over the place.

I think snow actually helps the passing game, it's the wind & rain you have to worry about.

The way Arian cuts and relies on his footwork so much, I'm hoping for no snow.
Just apply the snow tires........

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 01-12-2012 at 09:07 AM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read