Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2012   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster could challenge NFL playoff rushing mark

Quote:
In his postseason debut last weekend, Texans running back Arian Foster rushed for 153 yards in the Texans’ 31-10 Wild Card Weekend victory over Cincinnati.

It may be a tall order but this weekend against Baltimore, Foster could challenge for the most rushing yards in a player’s first two postseason games in NFL history. Foster needs 96 rushing yards to break into the top five all-time in that somewhat obscure category.

The players with the most rushing yards in their first two postseason games in NFL history:

Player Team Year(s) Yards

Duane Thomas Cowboys 1970 278
Terrell Davis Broncos 1996, 1997 275
Eddie George Titans 1999 268
Shonn Greene Jets 2009 263
Fred Taylor Jaguars 1999 248
http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...f-rushing-mark
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 91583 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster could challenge NFL playoff rushing mark

thatd be great, BUT i would rather him get -1 yards and a win than that record.
Old 01-11-2012   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
My fantasy football opponent doesn't have Arian, so I'd like him to get positive yardage in a winning effort.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #4
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

That second name on the list is who Foster reminds me of.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Foster is amazing.

But did anyone notice how much space he had to run? If you watched the OL in that Bengals game, there were so many gaps & lanes in the DL Foster had mutliple lanes he could have ran in. He did an excellent job pressing the whole then cutting it upfield.... not the backside, most of his cuts went out to the play-side.

Big difference between that game & the first Bengals game, where all the lanes were clogged & he barely had room to breath.

I personally think we can credit this to the Carolina, & Indy games...... games we lost, but we got to work on our run game against inferior defenses, till we got it perfect.......

There's no way I can prove it, but if you watch those games again, watch how the run game opens up from game to game... Carolina, then Indy, then Tennessee..... then Cincinnati..

Baltimore ain't gonna know what hit'em
Old 01-13-2012   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 186361 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Foster is amazing.

But did anyone notice how much space he had to run? If you watched the OL in that Bengals game, there were so many gaps & lanes in the DL Foster had mutliple lanes he could have ran in. He did an excellent job pressing the whole then cutting it upfield.... not the backside, most of his cuts went out to the play-side.

Big difference between that game & the first Bengals game, where all the lanes were clogged & he barely had room to breath.

I personally think we can credit this to the Carolina, & Indy games...... games we lost, but we got to work on our run game against inferior defenses, till we got it perfect.......

There's no way I can prove it, but if you watch those games again, watch how the run game opens up from game to game... Carolina, then Indy, then Tennessee..... then Cincinnati..

Baltimore ain't gonna know what hit'em
If that middle is clogged up by the Ravens, unlike some other games, Kubiak better take the runs to the outside. If he insists on taking it inside, he better consider putting in Tate, who seems to power up the middle against resistance.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Duane Thomas Cowboys 1970 278
Wow, that's a blast from the past. I remember watching Duane Thomas as a kid.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If that middle is clogged up by the Ravens, unlike some other games, Kubiak better take the runs to the outside. If he insists on taking it inside, he better consider putting in Tate, who seems to power up the middle against resistance.
CnD..... I respect you man, but I definitely did not expect to see a post like this from you.

If Foster ran it up the middle, that ain't on Kubiak. Something he saw told him that was the best way to go.

Same thing with short passes, long passes, & Tj's handcuffs. Most all of our pass plays will have at least a deep & intermediate route, a short crosser & a checkdown..... if Tj choses to be safe & go for the checkdown, or chooses the intermediate more than the deep route, that's not on Kubiak. That's Tj making a decision.
Old 01-13-2012   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard Texan fans are getting arrogant? So how about changing title thread to:
Foster will break the NFL Playoff rushing mark
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 186361 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CnD..... I respect you man, but I definitely did not expect to see a post like this from you.

If Foster ran it up the middle, that ain't on Kubiak. Something he saw told him that was the best way to go.

Same thing with short passes, long passes, & Tj's handcuffs. Most all of our pass plays will have at least a deep & intermediate route, a short crosser & a checkdown..... if Tj choses to be safe & go for the checkdown, or chooses the intermediate more than the deep route, that's not on Kubiak. That's Tj making a decision.
With all due respect TK, there have been several games where Foster would repeatedly and futilely try to run up the middle through large segments of the game. If indeed that was Foster's choice, I would think, or at least hope, that Kubiak would intervene and redirect his efforts.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 47109 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well.....

1970 The Cowboys went to the Superbowl
1997 Broncos went to the Superbowl
1999 Titans went to the Superbowl
2009 Jets went to the AFC Championship game
1999 Jags went to the AFC Championship game

I will take it.

Lets go Foster

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 47109 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With all due respect TK, there have been several games where Foster would repeatedly and futilely try to run up the middle through large segments of the game. If indeed that was Foster's choice, I would think, or at least hope, that Kubiak would intervene and redirect his efforts.
Just as long as Kubiak doesnt have the same brain fart he did last time we played the Ravens and take the points instead of going for it 4th and 1.

Old 01-13-2012   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Just as long as Kubiak doesnt have the same brain fart he did last time we played the Ravens and take the points instead of going for it 4th and 1.
There's nothing more degrading than picking up a 4th & 1 against a team that "thinks" they are a bad ass defense.

We had that first down if Terrence Cody didn't grab Arian by the facemask & turn him back.

I loved that call & you're right, it was most likely the difference in that game.
Old 01-13-2012   #14
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
There's nothing more degrading than picking up a 4th & 1 against a team that "thinks" they are a bad ass defense.

We had that first down if Terrence Cody didn't grab Arian by the facemask & turn him back.

I loved that call & you're right, it was most likely the difference in that game.
I hated the call. You are on the road against a really good team and you are trying to build something. Instead of taking the 3 points we walk away with nothing giving them the ball and momentum. Even Charles Barkley thought it was a turrible call.

Old 01-13-2012   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I hated the call. You are on the road against a really good team and you are trying to build something.
What we are telling them there, is that we are a really good team.

Like I said, that play would have changed the game. We're telling them that we ain't scurred, & we weren't going to settle for 3.

Again, we had it... the refs missed a blantant 15 yard penalty.

Quote:
Instead of taking the 3 points we walk away with nothing giving them the ball and momentum. Even Charles Barkley thought it was a turrible call.
Well, if Barkley said it was a terrible call........
Old 01-14-2012   #16
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 91583 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well.....

1970 The Cowboys went to the Superbowl
1997 Broncos went to the Superbowl
1999 Titans went to the Superbowl
2009 Jets went to the AFC Championship game
1999 Jags went to the AFC Championship game

I will take it.

Lets go Foster
hmm i have no idea what your trying to say with this, but hey i agree with the very last sentence none the less
Old 01-14-2012   #17
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
hmm i have no idea what your trying to say with this, but hey i agree with the very last sentence none the less
Just that those RB's with those records have either went to the Superbowl or played in the Championship game.

Old 01-14-2012   #18
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Should have been 1st & goal on the 5! We score a TD there, would have been a totally different game.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #19
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, I think it's the RB coach's job to point that out to Foster. RB coach looks at the pictures and tells Foster what holes he's missing.
Old 01-14-2012   #20
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:

This!^^^

One of my pet peeves on this board is Yates will throw a 5 yard check down on 3 & 10, then everyone blasts Kubiak for the play call. Ummm... that check down wasn't Kubiak's decision, it was Yates'.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read