Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-27-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Josh Chapman Alabama

Josh Chapman Alabama DL
HT: 6-1 WT: 310
Could be a value pick if he slips in the draft due to injury.

Alabama nose guard Josh Chapman played most of the season, including the BCS national championship game, with a torn ACL, he told the Birmingham News.

Chapman played in 12 games, continuing to contribute even after he sustained the injury to his left knee on Oct. 1. He underwent surgery on Tuesday and will not be able to participate in the Senior Bowl or the NFL Combine in Indianapolis. Hell do interviews with teams and do the bench press at the Combine.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Josh Chapman Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Josh Chapman Alabama DL
HT: 6-1 WT: 310
Could be a value pick if he slips in the draft due to injury.

Alabama nose guard Josh Chapman played most of the season, including the BCS national championship game, with a torn ACL, he told the Birmingham News.

Chapman played in 12 games, continuing to contribute even after he sustained the injury to his left knee on Oct. 1. He underwent surgery on Tuesday and will not be able to participate in the Senior Bowl or the NFL Combine in Indianapolis. Hell do interviews with teams and do the bench press at the Combine.
well that explains a lot because I kept saying I did not see the push I wanted. He seemed to be negated at the line and did not move laterally well either. I could not see why so many "experts" had him rated so high. I had him rated a 3rd if that.
Old 01-28-2012   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to admire the guys dedication to football and to his team but it's going to hurt his draft position if he can't show teams what he can do in the Senior Bowl and Combine. He's obviously out for team OTA's during the summer and I also question if he'd be ready for training camp next August. I think some team is going to get alot of value when they pick Chapman. I liked what I saw of him during the season.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
well that explains a lot because I kept saying I did not see the push I wanted. He seemed to be negated at the line and did not move laterally well either. I could not see why so many "experts" had him rated so high. I had him rated a 3rd if that.
dido.
Old 01-28-2012   #5
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I have to admire the guys dedication to football and to his team but it's going to hurt his draft position if he can't show teams what he can do in the Senior Bowl and Combine. He's obviously out for team OTA's during the summer and I also question if he'd be ready for training camp next August. I think some team is going to get alot of value when they pick Chapman. I liked what I saw of him during the season.
if he sliped to a 4th i would grab him in a heartbeat even if not expected to play in 2013. It would be like gaining a 1st round pick in 2014.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Despite his injury I thought that he looked good holding down the middle of the line in Bama's 3-4. He may not have gotten a lot of push at times, but he sure as hell was uprooted and pushed back.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Chapman will be a value pick for a 3-4 team providing depth/rotation. Good value, safe pick, probably become roster fixture then starter. Drafting requires a sound plan, balancing payroll, rotating roster & adapting to defensive trends driven by rule changes. If Texans selected Chapman I would have to rationalize it in the big picture context.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2012   #8
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can get him in maybe the 3rd or 4th round depending on our core needs I would love to have him in our rotation he is tough and he fits our mold of team first guys.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read