Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Not big on the media, but damn....

I am not really big on what the media thinks, but damn..... "Fans" are writing us off big time, but whole heartedly believe Tebow can go to New England and win.

WTH i figured the way we beat the benglas last week we would of gained "some" just a tad, a grain of salt full of respect. Boy was i wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ed-for-victory

stuff like this poll ^^^^ makes me laugh.
Old 01-10-2012   #2
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not big on the media, but damn....

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Saints should be the runaway winner.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans want more respect they just need to go into Maryland and punch the Ravens in the face.
Old 01-10-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Taped Mike & Mike in the morning -- so far only commentary was that it was a bad game to watch. Then all Teebs, with a dash of Brees & Giants.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #5
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well there is that little issue of us having lost to the ravens after all. On top of that we are playing them in their stadium in which they are 8-0 this season and their first home playoff game since 2000. The Texans are dogs in this match up and they rightfully should be.

But that doesn't mean they can't do what the Giants did a few years ago, or the Steelers, or even the Packers last year.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I am not really big on what the media thinks, but damn..... "Fans" are writing us off big time, but whole heartedly believe Tebow can go to New England and win.

WTH i figured the way we beat the benglas last week we would of gained "some" just a tad, a grain of salt full of respect. Boy was i wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ed-for-victory

stuff like this poll ^^^^ makes me laugh.
I don't know. I didn't understand why so many of our fans thought we would be one & done in the play-offs. We knew we would face Cincy, Oakland, or the NYJets.... all very flawed teams.

Cincy was definitely the best of the bunch, but they looked like an extremely young team, & we beat them like they were.

The Ravens are flawed.. but not nearly as bad as the Bengals, not nearly as bad as we are. Cincy was a "should win" Baltimore is anything but. Tj is going to have to be really, really poised for us to have a chance in this game.

Old 01-10-2012   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, I posted my last reply before watching the video.... you're right, that is ridiculous.

54% of the voters think the Broncos will beat the Patriots & only 3% think we can beat the Ravens...... ridiculous.
Old 01-10-2012   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, please national media, PLEASE keep talking the Ravens up!

That way they or no one will see it coming.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I know one thing, I'll be extremely pissed if the Tebow's do pull off the win and we lose. I'll feel robbed of one more trip to Reliant, I'm going to miss that place until next season.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

It's actually not the media slighting the Texans here, this is other fans.
Old 01-10-2012   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Sorry, I posted my last reply before watching the video.... you're right, that is ridiculous.

54% of the voters think the Broncos will beat the Patriots & only 3% think we can beat the Ravens...... ridiculous.
While I hope the 54% of voters think the Broncos win are right, I hope those ignorant 97% are completely wrong, their pets die and they wake up to reality...

Okay, kidding about their pets dying!
Old 01-10-2012   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...only 3% think we can beat the Ravens...... ridiculous.
I guess 97% weren't watching the Ravens mail in those awful performances this year...

And don't know that home teams in this round art 12-12 since 2005.

Cool ... we suck ..... keep it up.
Old 01-11-2012   #13
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I guess 97% weren't watching the Ravens mail in those awful performances this year...

And don't know that home teams in this round art 12-12 since 2005.

Cool ... we suck ..... keep it up.

The split is 50-50, sure. But while it isn't the proven advantage it was before, the Ravens are still undefeated at home this year, beat us pretty soundly by the time the game was over, and that crowd is going to be going crazy having had 11 years with no home playoff game.

Our team is certainly built to handle this kind of a game (with Schaub in, at least). The problem is that the Ravens have virtually every advantage you can think of coming into this game. I don't blame anyone for picking them heavy-handedly over us. In the end all that matters is the Texans get it done.
Old 01-11-2012   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Taped Mike & Mike in the morning -- so far only commentary was that it was a bad game to watch. Then all Teebs, with a dash of Brees & Giants.
(sigh) Why don't they just invite Tebow on to that show so they can just suck him off on the air? As much as I HATE Thomasina Brady and Bill Belecheat I find myself hoping they not only beat the ISHT out of Teblow but give him his "welcome to the NFL" hit and a concussion as a parting prize. I'm SICK of hearing pundits tell me how this guy is an elite QB. I would like to see the Pats move on to the next round if ONLY to shut the Teblow crowd the vugg up.
If Teblow and the Broncs DO win they have to come here and I want Cushing and Watt to do thier best to put the muff-hugga in a coma.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #15
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's actually not the media slighting the Texans here, this is other fans.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...pread#comments

No its the media. We "squeeked" by the Bengals for the first win..

NortheasternSPN.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

NortheasternSPN.
No...Teblow SQUEEKED by the Steelers in overtime the Texans beat the isht out of the Bengals.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #17
TheCD
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

NortheasternSPN.
I think you mean the Eastern Sports Propaganda Network.
Old 01-11-2012   #18
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
(sigh) Why don't they just invite Tebow on to that show so they can just suck him off on the air? As much as I HATE Thomasina Brady and Bill Belecheat I find myself hoping they not only beat the ISHT out of Teblow but give him his "welcome to the NFL" hit and a concussion as a parting prize. I'm SICK of hearing pundits tell me how this guy is an elite QB. I would like to see the Pats move on to the next round if ONLY to shut the Teblow crowd the vugg up.
If Teblow and the Broncs DO win they have to come here and I want Cushing and Watt to do thier best to put the muff-hugga in a coma.
Goosfraba! Goosfraba! It ain't Tebow's fault he gets national attention like he does. Tebow is being Tebow. The national media hyped him up coming out of college and he didn't pan out that first year, so now that he's having some success, they are overhyping it to prove they weren't wrong. That's all it is. No need to get all frustrated about it and it definitely ain't Tebow's fault. I like the dude, seems like a sincere and great person. Would be a great guy to have on your team I'm sure. On the bright side, at least they aren't talking about Vick....
Old 01-11-2012   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Herm Edwards gave us a little love today, "Houston's got a chance. Houston's got a chance."

Herm is cool in my book.
Old 01-11-2012   #20
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Herm Edwards gave us a little love today, "Houston's got a chance. Houston's got a chance."

Herm is cool in my book.
YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

--Herm Edwards
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read