Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2012   #21
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you Let Casey Throw One This Week?

How about we just let Casey catch a few this week? One step at a time folks.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #22
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

You could sort of do the same thing with Daniels, we all know he can atleast throw the ball.

Our if Jacoby can throw, which i dont know if he can, do the reverse that we occasionally run with him, going to AJs side, like you said have AJ block and then release and see what happens.
Old 01-10-2012   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

If you're going to run a HB pass play, do it with someone like Casey, NOT Chris Brown. What the hell ever possessed Kubiak to call that play .....

I like the idea of pulling a fast one at some point in the game, but the lead-up is more important than the play. I'm not too sure about a halfback pass, though.
Old 01-10-2012   #24
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think makes it plausible that Kubiak could utilize a HB pass with Casey. Why? What purpose could there have been to have Casey on a sweep/toss that late in the game. It very well could have been to put it on film for opponents and then hit them with a HB pass out of that same formation in the future.

Good thread.
Good point...

Now another question...when?

Right off the bat? Later in the game when they can't get anything going?

I don't see why you wouldn't do something like that down 14-Zip early in the 4th...

Or early on, maybe get some momentum going early in the game?

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Desperate measures are for desperate circumstances...

We can beat these guys straight up.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #26
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see a fake punt personally. That always seems to work
Old 01-10-2012   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
No, but I'm waiting for Kubiak to pull a fake punt or fake field goal. IIRC, he hasn't done either of those since becoming HC, so he's been setting Baltimore up for a fake for 6 years. They'd never expect it, because he just doesn't do it.
Too soon. Don't pull the trigger on that until the time is right. Wait a few more seasons just to be on the safe side....
Old 01-10-2012   #28
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I want to see a fake punt personally. That always seems to work
Remember the unplanned fake punt a couple of seasons ago? Turk got like 18 yards or something like that and a first down. I think he went to punt and a defender was closing too fast, so he tucked it and took off. He had an oh sh*! expression on his face the whole time.
Old 01-10-2012   #29
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Good point...

Now another question...when?

Right off the bat? Later in the game when they can't get anything going?

I don't see why you wouldn't do something like that down 14-Zip early in the 4th...

Or early on, maybe get some momentum going early in the game?
Personally, do it in like the 2nd quarter. Get the game going hopefully you are getting PA or good runs prior to that, and midway through the 2nd quarter you hit them while they least expect it. Run the motion, put Casey in backfield, run the sweep left, slide the oline, hit AJ deep on the right side of the field, streaking at an angle back across the middle, so it is slightly shorter of a pass.....
Old 01-10-2012   #30
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Personally, do it in like the 2nd quarter. Get the game going hopefully you are getting PA or good runs prior to that, and midway through the 2nd quarter you hit them while they least expect it. Run the motion, put Casey in backfield, run the sweep left, slide the oline, hit AJ deep on the right side of the field, streaking at an angle back across the middle, so it is slightly shorter of a pass.....
I think it has to be one of those gut feeling type things. If they go over it, have it ready just in case. I would only be okay with it in a very few limited situations. I'd rather not see it, because that mean things are not going well.

Personally, I think lean on the run game and defense, same formula that has worked. Get AJ involved, take a couple shots downfield if they start stacking the box. AJ will do wonders for our run game this time around.
Old 01-10-2012   #31
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather score on our opening drive then do an onside right after. All in.
Old 01-10-2012   #32
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

How about sending Rackers out for a FG and then letting him or the place holder either run or throw the football?
Old 01-10-2012   #33
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I would rather score on our opening drive then do an onside right after. All in.
Amen...all in...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #34
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Ok, I know itís way out of Kubiakís character, but thatís exactly why Baltimore would never see it coming. I kinda think weíre going to need some kind of out of the ordinary play to pull out this win. (Kick return, defensive TD, etc.)

Last week Kubiak ran a play that started with an empty backfield and Casey out in the slot. Casey motioned into the backfield and the play was a toss sweep to him. Now that the play is on film, what if we ran the same thing and let him take the pitch out to Andreís side. Andre will momentarily run block, then release up field hopefully wide open for a TD. If itís not there, then Casey simply gets what he can on the ground.

Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh. Come on. Come here. Come here. Come on. Come on, everybody.

All right, this is it. This is the play. kay. This is the play. This is the play. kay?

The quarterback. Two receivers lined up to the left, one to the right. There's a flanker lined up to the left behind the quarterback.

okay. He gives the ball... No, he doesn't get the ball. The receiver goes all the way over there to the left.

Once the quarterback has the ball, he fakes to the left, No. He fakes to the right. He doesn't fake. He thinks about faking. He pretends to fake.

I don't know where I am....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The one thing I don't want, is to see a post game quote from Kubiak that goes something like this.

Quote:
I was so clever that even I didn't understand a single thing that I was doing.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #36
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Misdirection and fakes, sure. Gimmick plays? No way. Let your players do what they do best at their positions.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #37
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it but didnt Kubes say after the Jacksonville game that he didn't have Casey warming up cuz he couldn't throw yet due to his pectoral injury?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #38
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
If it was for a touchdown, yes. Interception, no.
Agreed. If the play works I'll call it genius, if it doesn't then I'll be angry and calling for Kubiak's head. So goes the life of a sports fan
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #39
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Ok, I know itís way out of Kubiakís character, but thatís exactly why Baltimore would never see it coming. I kinda think weíre going to need some kind of out of the ordinary play to pull out this win. (Kick return, defensive TD, etc.)

Last week Kubiak ran a play that started with an empty backfield and Casey out in the slot. Casey motioned into the backfield and the play was a toss sweep to him. Now that the play is on film, what if we ran the same thing and let him take the pitch out to Andreís side. Andre will momentarily run block, then release up field hopefully wide open for a TD. If itís not there, then Casey simply gets what he can on the ground.
I was there really early nd Casey was practicing throws while running. Like a toss pass. When he got the sweep, I thought it was coming.
Old 01-10-2012   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell yeah, I'd let him throw one....

Right after he scored a TD by rushing or receiving. Then he can launch that sucker right into the upper deck if he wants.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read