Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2012   #1
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you Let Casey Throw One This Week?

Ok, I know it’s way out of Kubiak’s character, but that’s exactly why Baltimore would never see it coming. I kinda think we’re going to need some kind of out of the ordinary play to pull out this win. (Kick return, defensive TD, etc.)

Last week Kubiak ran a play that started with an empty backfield and Casey out in the slot. Casey motioned into the backfield and the play was a toss sweep to him. Now that the play is on film, what if we ran the same thing and let him take the pitch out to Andre’s side. Andre will momentarily run block, then release up field hopefully wide open for a TD. If it’s not there, then Casey simply gets what he can on the ground.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #2
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you Let Casey Throw One This Week?

If we have to do something like that, then the game is already out of hand..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #3
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Ok, I know it’s way out of Kubiak’s character, but that’s exactly why Baltimore would never see it coming. I kinda think we’re going to need some kind of out of the ordinary play to pull out this win. (Kick return, defensive TD, etc.)

Last week Kubiak ran a play that started with an empty backfield and Casey out in the slot. Casey motioned into the backfield and the play was a toss sweep to him. Now that the play is on film, what if we ran the same thing and let him take the pitch out to Andre’s side. Andre will momentarily run block, then release up field hopefully wide open for a TD. If it’s not there, then Casey simply gets what he can on the ground.
I like it! However, I don't think he is fully recovered from his torn pec. Don't think he can throw.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #4
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I swear to Tebow, I though we were doing exactly this when the play began lol, I would LOVE for this to happen, and honestly I bet it does. Weren't we up 2 tds at this point? I bet we did it to set the Ravens up next week.....JMHO
Old 01-10-2012   #5
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Casey involved this week I think Casey is a big mismatch against Pollard & R.Lewis.

Now as for a trick play I would like to see a fake punt just because I think it could work do to the suprise factor with Kubiak being so conservative, but it would have to be timed perfectly. Man it would be a long offseason if we lost due to Kubiak trying something so out of character we would all just kill him on the boards. LOL so second thought no just win.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

No.

Crackpot.
Old 01-10-2012   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I would do it in the same way that Oakland did it to us. Same game circumstance, same quarter, same time of quarter, same # of posession....everything. That was such a good call and in most cases the reason they won the game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2012   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would you Let Casey Throw One This Week?
If it was for a touchdown, yes. Interception, no.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #9
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Why stop here, lets pick Chris Brown back up from wherever he is and let him run the play for us.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #10
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

No, but I'm waiting for Kubiak to pull a fake punt or fake field goal. IIRC, he hasn't done either of those since becoming HC, so he's been setting Baltimore up for a fake for 6 years. They'd never expect it, because he just doesn't do it.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #11
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm... At first i thought, "Here we go... Every time a team has a back/receiver with past qb experience, their fans always wanna see some type of trick play with that player throwing deep etc..." Then i remembered: it's the playoffs... It's on the road against Baltimore with a 3rd string rookie qb... Hell yah i do it!

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #12
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Id rather TJ throw a handful of 40+ yard attempts into double/triple coverage to AJ vs this idea
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

At least the OP is thinking outside the box, I hope Kubiak is too. And then enter the negative nancys into the thread to piss in people's cornflakes.....
Old 01-10-2012   #14
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
And then enter the negative nancys into the thread to piss in people's cornflakes.....
Really?

Let's just have Yates put his left leg in.

His left leg out.

His left leg in.

And throw a touchdown all about.

C'mon man... do we really need to get this out of hand?
Old 01-10-2012   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds a lil' too tricky for Kubiak. I do expect Casey to play a big part though. Decoying out wide to get a LBer to follow him or just plain beating the older, slower LBers they have on passing routes. Especially with OD's hand being beat up, I think it would be a wise decision to involve Casey in the offense this week.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the idea of the thread, I won't knock the OP for suggesting the possibility of such an idea.

I wonder if Kubiak would be hesitant to call the play, though, when it failed miserably for him a couple seasons ago. Plus, it's the playoffs and I don't think he wants to answer the questions after a loss (if we lost).

HOWEVER....the OP has introduced an element that I think makes it plausible that Kubiak could utilize a HB pass with Casey. Why? What purpose could there have been to have Casey on a sweep/toss that late in the game. It very well could have been to put it on film for opponents and then hit them with a HB pass out of that same formation in the future.

Good thread.
Old 01-10-2012   #17
Calface4
inthisforlife

Rep Power: 0 Calface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respected

This sort of play is so uncharacteristic of the Texans that I completely believe it would work! Getting turnovers against the Ravens will be really difficult so taking a risk like this could just possibly get us the momentum we need to take control of the game.

I like the idea.
Calface4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #18
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
At least the OP is thinking outside the box, I hope Kubiak is too. And then enter the negative nancys into the thread to piss in people's cornflakes.....

well in that case why dont we have Dre throw it to foster or cushing throw it to JJ

2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #19
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
it's the playoffs... It's on the road against Baltimore with a 3rd string rookie qb... Hell yah i do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calface4 View Post
This sort of play is so uncharacteristic of the Texans that I completely believe it would work!
These are some of the exact same thoughts I had. I don't think it's that far fetched really. Pittsburgh did it with a ton of success when they had Randle El.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Why stop here, lets pick Chris Brown back up from wherever he is and let him run the play for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
well in that case why dont we have Dre throw it to foster or cushing throw it to JJ

Obviously, the big difference being that Casey actually has some QB/passing experience as opposed to CB or AJ.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_ROK View Post
Really?

Let's just have Yates put his left leg in.

His left leg out.

His left leg in.

And throw a touchdown all about.

C'mon man... do we really need to get this out of hand?

This makes zero sense to me, not sure wth you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post

Now that would be ridiculous. At least Casey was a college QB. I am not even a proponent for running the suggested play. Was just complimenting the creativity, instead of pissing on someone's idea. I hope Kubiak is finding ways to catch the Ravens off guard too. I didn't necessarily disagree with your idea either, everyone knows triple coverage ain't stopping AJ.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 01-10-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read