Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-09-2012   #1
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default LSU vs Bama - National Championship Game

Starts tonight at 7:30 CST. Who ya got?

Some LSU NFL Draft prospects to watch:
(name/pos/ht/wt)

Morris Claiborne CB 6'0" 173
Michael Brockers DT 6'6" 306
Sam Montgomery DE 6'4" 245
Barkevious Mingo DE 6'5" 242
Rueben Randle WR 6'4" 208
Deangelo Peterson TE 6'3" 229
Ryan Baker ILB 5'11⅝"

Some Bama NFL Draft prospects to watch:

Trent Richardson RB 5'11" 224
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 6'2" 190
Mark Barron S 6'1" 223
Courtney Upshaw OLB 6'1" 271
Dont'a Hightower ILB 6'3" 260
Barrett Jones OT 6-5 311
Josh Chapman DT 6'0⅞" 316
Nico Johnson ILB 6'2" 245
Marquis Maze WR 5'8" 192
Robert Lester S 6'2" 210
De'quan Menzie CB 5'10⅞"
William Vlachos OC 6'1" 301
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LSU vs Bama - National Championship Game

Oh thats tonight?

Meh...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tigers at Home.

#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #4
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Oh thats tonight?

Meh...
^ this. QFT definitely.
Old 01-09-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

This video is pretty good:

Moves Like Badger Tribute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eluuW...feature=colike

I'm going for Bama tonight, only so that they get the MNC over LSU without really deserving it. This year would have been perfect for a 4 team playoff. LSU vs Stanford and Bama vs OKST, winners play eachother for an actual NC instead of this wishy washy crap. I want this crappy bowl system to be exposed for how terrible it is and then maybe there will be change in a positive way. I really couldn't care less about the game itself since I don't believe anyone but LSU deserves the crown when it's all said and done.
Old 01-09-2012   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the least excited I have been about the National Championship Game since I have started watching football. Probably wont watch, but I think LSU takes it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, "Roll Tide" I guess.
Old 01-09-2012   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

If its anything like the last matchup, this could be called the Snooze Bowl sponsored by Serta.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

As a football fan, I loved the first game between these teams. I thought it was a great, intense game.

I think this one will be more fun to watch for most fans though. I have a feeling it will be higher scoring and not quite the knock down drag out game the last one was.

Although I would really love a playoff system and I'm not a big fan of the BCS, I will say I think they definitely got it right. The two best teams are playing each other.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is this only on ESPN? That sucks. I only get local channels and can't watch it now
Old 01-09-2012   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

SEC games are pretty boring to me. Mainly defense and running the ball.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
SEC games are pretty boring to me. Mainly defense and running the ball.
LSU is 13-0. They scored 35 points or more in 11 of their 13 games this season. They are 12th overall in points scored.

Bama is 11-1 and scored 24 points or more in 11 of their 12 games. They are 17th overall in points scored.

I think it's going to be more entertaining this time around. I really don't think we will see a FG contest like last time. I'm guessing it will be more like 27-20 or so.
Old 01-09-2012   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
LSU is 13-0. They scored 35 points or more in 11 of their 13 games this season. They are 12th overall in points scored.

Bama is 11-1 and scored 24 points or more in 11 of their 12 games. They are 17th overall in points scored.

I think it's going to be more entertaining this time around. I really don't think we will see a FG contest like last time. I'm guessing it will be more like 27-20 or so.
I'm just saying year after year most SEC games are boring to me. That entire conference focuses on running the ball and defense.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #14
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
This is the least excited I have been about the National Championship Game since I have started watching football. Probably wont watch, but I think LSU takes it.
Agree with this. Wonder why no one asks Nick Saban to explain himself when he said a few years back that, "Anyone who doesn't win their conference, has no business playing in the national championship."
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #15
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 38001 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
since I don't believe anyone but LSU deserves the crown when it's all said and done.
I agree!

(but I am incredibly biased)

GEAUX TIGERS!

RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

What channel?

Personally, I hope Alabama wins 9-6, just to screw with things.
Old 01-09-2012   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure who i'm rooting for. I really don't like Nick Saban and don't want to see him get another championship. I also hate the BCS though, so an Alabama win could give more incentive to go to a playoff I think. Hoping for an exciting game at least.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Good lord, what was up with that National Anthem? That was horrible!

I don't know who that guy is, but he must be somebody relatively well known in order to be selected to sing at the National Championship game. He certainly wasn't selected on singing talent.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #19
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Aussie punter for LSU can really punt!
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #20
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

3-0 Bama
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read