Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-04-2012   #1
atexan
Rookie

Smile Houston Texans of Austin!!!

Houston Texans of Austin Fan Club will be at Third Base on 6th. Free parking in the garage, great food, cold drinks and all the TV screens you can handle. The Texans game will be on the loud speaker and the house will be packed, so there won't be any assigned seating - just bring it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Houst...12994012095908
atexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #2
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans of Austin!!!

I'm curious why this has suddenly changed from Lavaca St. Bar. The establishment there has been good to us. I seem to remember Third Base not being nearly as appreciative of our business back when it was the Texans spot.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I'm curious why this has suddenly changed from Lavaca St. Bar. The establishment there has been good to us. I seem to remember Third Base not being nearly as appreciative of our business back when it was the Texans spot.

That's not the same group. The one you met us up with is still going to be at Lavaca this Saturday.

Here is the link to the Facebook you are thinking of and the last pics from the Thursday night game (I think you are in here but forget)...

Anyway, look forward to seeing you man at Lavaca if you want....

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4105163&type=1

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #4
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
That's not the same group. The one you met us up with is still going to be at Lavaca this Saturday.

Here is the link to the Facebook you are thinking of and the last pics from the Thursday night game (I think you are in here but forget)...

Anyway, look forward to seeing you man at Lavaca if you want....

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4105163&type=1
Ok, makes sense. I saw a banner at Lavaca St about a Texans fan club, so I thought it was the same group. More Texans bars in Austin is a good thing anyway.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #5
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 2447 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sticking with the big group we have at Lavaca Street Bar. They have treated us better then 3rd Base ever did. The Texans also recognize us as the Official Fan Group of Austin and have sent us boxes of T-Shirts, caps, stickers, etc.etc. So it is hard to turn your back on that.
Not to mention that the beers and drinks cost half as much as they do at 3rd Base.
But have fun and GO TEXANS!

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #6
thepmac
noob

Rep Power: 0 thepmac was voted MVPthepmac was voted MVPthepmac was voted MVPthepmac was voted MVP

Interesting!!! The more Texans fans the better, but I will tell you the official group has watch parties every game at Lavaca Street Bar.

Here is a link and the more the better! http://www.facebook.com/groups/austintexan/

We will have some give aways as well directly sent to us by the Houston Texans!!!

Stay True and Gooooo Texans
thepmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Third Base will never get another penny of my money. I believe we will see you all at the Lavaca Bar this Saturday. Please go ahead and confirm with the manager for CC.
Old 01-05-2012   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepmac View Post
Interesting!!! The more Texans fans the better, but I will tell you the official group has watch parties every game at Lavaca Street Bar.

Here is a link and the more the better! http://www.facebook.com/groups/austintexan/

We will have some give aways as well directly sent to us by the Houston Texans!!!

Stay True and Gooooo Texans
Is that your group on FB that posted about Fox 7 doing a story and looking for diehard fans? I responded but didn't hear anything.
Old 01-05-2012   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Is that your group on FB that posted about Fox 7 doing a story and looking for diehard fans? I responded but didn't hear anything.
Yeah, that's out group man. You should come down if you can get away for the game....

Aint seen you in years since 3rd Base in the KEYE war days.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 01-05-2012   #10
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 2447 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hardcore & HTown,
The other guy posted that about Fox 7 on their Austin sight, not ours. Our group, the "official" one as recognized by the Texans is at........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/austintexan/

Old 01-05-2012   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, that's out group man. You should come down if you can get away for the game....

Aint seen you in years since 3rd Base in the KEYE war days.
Man, it would be so cool to be there. Would love to hang out with you guys.

Here's my status as of now. I may have to work, don't know for sure. I have already started the process of selling my tickets but don't really want to and have not obligated to anyone yet. I hate the idea of not going, but if I do have to work I will be home in time to watch it with my wife, we watch together and if it weren't for small kids and lack of trusted babysitters, I would make it to more of the watch parties! if I don't work than I need to go!
Old 01-05-2012   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
Hardcore & HTown,
The other guy posted that about Fox 7 on their Austin sight, not ours. Our group, the "official" one as recognized by the Texans is at........

Oh, I see, I was invited to join the other group and got confused not realizing there were two. I just sent a request to join y'alls page. First name is Paul.
Old 01-05-2012   #13
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to get watered down after work at Lavaca back in the day and haven't been there in a long time. I plan to do so again this Saturday, duck out of work an hour early, grab my dingy old Texan shirt and head downtown.

I am excited, nervous, scared, and ready. GO TEXANS!!!!!
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
Hardcore & HTown,

Weird.....when I clicked on the link in Hardcore's post above and I agreed with it...that link took me to the page you and I are on Kevin.....that's why I confirmed it....

Oh well, as long as Hardcore gets guided to the right place....

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 01-05-2012   #15
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Oh, I see, I was invited to join the other group and got confused not realizing there were two. I just sent a request to join y'alls page. First name is Paul.
Yeah man, Paul is the guy, you had the right link....look at the links in the post from you and the Texanator...they are the same but the other group was involved with another facebook site.

Look for the one with Paul and you are on track.

You'll see me, Jordan and Texanator (Kevin)....we post on there almost everyday.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 01-05-2012   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Yeah man, Paul is the guy, you had the right link....look at the links in the post from you and the Texanator...they are the same but the other group was involved with another facebook site.

Look for the one with Paul and you are on track.

You'll see me, Jordan and Texanator (Kevin)....we post on there almost everyday.
I meant my name is Paul....lol.
Old 01-05-2012   #17
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Man, it would be so cool to be there. Would love to hang out with you guys.

Here's my status as of now. I may have to work, don't know for sure. I have already started the process of selling my tickets but don't really want to and have not obligated to anyone yet. I hate the idea of not going, but if I do have to work I will be home in time to watch it with my wife, we watch together and if it weren't for small kids and lack of trusted babysitters, I would make it to more of the watch parties! if I don't work than I need to go!
So far my close friends don't want to go, so I may take ATEXFAN up on riding with his crew if I don't have to work. Or if one of you diehards wants to go and will drive I'll sell you my other ticket at face and cover the parking. All this assuming I can get out of work and I somewhat know the person I would be traveling with.
Old 01-05-2012   #18
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
I meant my name is Paul....lol.
Oh...haha....yeah I meant the guy organizing it is Paul but I saw ya on there, you found it!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 01-05-2012   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just saw a laugher of a story on FOX7. They went to interview store owners and employees to see how the Texans gear was selling.

All said, of course, that they couldn't keep the stuff on the shelves no matter how much they order. Predictable.

The funny part was they almost all said "because the Texans are in the playoffs" which jumped off the TV at me. How about, because your stock was always (in many cases) literally nothing and suddenly *poof* - whatever you want. Internet sales or not, I think a lot of Texans gear sold on top of the new demand because it was finally there.

Oh, and Cowboys stuff? On sale and not selling.
Old 01-05-2012   #20
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I just saw a laugher of a story on FOX7. They went to interview store owners and employees to see how the Texans gear was selling.

All said, of course, that they couldn't keep the stuff on the shelves no matter how much they order. Predictable.

The funny part was they almost all said "because the Texans are in the playoffs" which jumped off the TV at me. How about, because your stock was always (in many cases) literally nothing and suddenly *poof* - whatever you want. Internet sales or not, I think a lot of Texans gear sold on top of the new demand because it was finally there.

Oh, and Cowboys stuff? On sale and not selling.
HA! I love it!
We are a force to be reckoned with and like it or not, we are here to stay, so they better snap and recognize before someone else does and gets our patronage!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read