Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-08-2012   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default HWWNBN is about to win his first playoff game

I'm proud of his good looks.
gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HWWNBN is about to win his first playoff game

/thread
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

His dad was on here about a month ago .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe Atlanta scored 2 points. Wow. Their fans are going to go into full meltdown. Two years in the playoffs and two losses.

Mike Smith going for it on 4th down twice when they could have had points is just bad coaching. Kicking the FG on the 2nd one would have made it a 5 point game at that point.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #5
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the sad thing is that the Falcons redesigned their offense to be explosive for the playoffs

yet

they were anything but.

gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #6
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43675 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I can't believe Atlanta scored 2 points. Wow. Their fans are going to go into full meltdown. Two years in the playoffs and two losses.

Mike Smith going for it on 4th down twice when they could have had points is just bad coaching. Kicking the FG on the 2nd one would have made it a 5 point game at that point.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I think the sad thing is that the Falcons redesigned their offense to be explosive for the playoffs

yet

they were anything but.

Five draft picks for Julio Jones. There's going to be a clearance sale on that team in about 1 to 2 years, IMO.

Matt Ryan has been overhyped a tad bit. He was missing his WRs all day today, and he did vs. Texans too. In fact, this whole season except maybe 1 or 2 great games...he has failed his WRs consistently.
Old 01-08-2012   #8
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

That offense should be built around the running game and they keep trying to be a no huddle passing team, and their defense is not good vs good teams.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #9
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43675 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Matt Ryan has been overhyped a tad bit. He was missing his WRs all day today, and he did vs. Texans too. In fact, this whole season except maybe 1 or 2 great games...he has failed his WRs consistently.
"a bit"? You're being kind, GP.

He's a decent QB. All of this "elite" (as John Clayton called him) or even borderline elite or 'second tier' is giving him too much praise.

I laughed when - at the end of the half - Buck says, "Now Matt Ryan gets to show off his arm strength" as the ball falls about 7 yards shy of the end zone. No chance with his arm.

His arm is not that strong and he's not really that accurate. And that gets much worse the farther the throw. Dilfer had a comment and comparison today about how much worse Ryan is throwing long vs. Tebow.

You mentioned Jones - two of the highlight TD receptions on "long" throws by Ryan were terribly underthrown and Jones had to come back for it.

He can be efficient and he can make good decisions - but the "elite" talk is, at the very best, premature.
Old 01-08-2012   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
That offense should be built around the running game and they keep trying to be a no huddle passing team, and their defense is not good vs good teams.
Agreed. They don't have a complement to Turner and their OLine got stomped all game long.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
"a bit"? You're being kind, GP.

He's a decent QB. All of this "elite" (as John Clayton called him) or even borderline elite or 'second tier' is giving him too much praise.

I laughed when - at the end of the half - Buck says, "Now Matt Ryan gets to show off his arm strength" as the ball falls about 7 yards shy of the end zone. No chance with his arm.

His arm is not that strong and he's not really that accurate. And that gets much worse the farther the throw. Dilfer had a comment and comparison today about how much worse Ryan is throwing long vs. Tebow.

You mentioned Jones - two of the highlight TD receptions on "long" throws by Ryan were terribly underthrown and Jones had to come back for it.

He can be efficient and he can make good decisions - but the "elite" talk is, at the very best, premature.
if i saw it correctly last week, ryan is the worst long ball starting quarterback in the league - completing something like 25% of his passes over 20 yards. that stat alone makes the trade up for jones more ludicrous, as if it werent already insane to trade that many picks for a receiver.

separately - mike smith may be out. playoffs or not, it's hard to imagine a coach failing so badly on so many short yardage situations. for as bland as we've been, the texans have been consistently strong finishing short yardage.
Old 01-09-2012   #12
RazorOye
Ayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
if i saw it correctly last week, ryan is the worst long ball starting quarterback in the league - completing something like 25% of his passes over 20 yards. that stat alone makes the trade up for jones more ludicrous, as if it werent already insane to trade that many picks for a receiver.
I didn't see the stat, but it wouldn't surprise me. Giving up so much for Jones was bizarre considering that - good point. Like I said above, there have been more than 1 touchdown reception that looks "long" on the stat sheet but was a helluva play by Jones coming back to a terribly underthrown ball.

Sometimes I wonder if the pushoff (for which the Falcons WRs are known for and apparently coached up to do... maybe that's true of most all teams, though) is a function of Ryan's arm. Beyond 15-20 yards, the WRs have to make themselves open or maximize the area where Ryan can throw the ball

Matt Ryan is not a terrible QB, but I don't see much maximizing his skillset which seems to be decent decision maker and effective QB in short/medium yardage. Not exceptional but effective. His best friend is a running game and there's a reason why Atl's record when Turner has 100+ yards is so great. Midseason this year it was something like 20-3 iirc.

They are so determined, though, to run this no huddle/vertical offense and they just don't have the talent to do it. While the WRs might be able to run, what use is it if Ryan's noodle arm means a 40 yard route is broken off to come back to catch a ball, between 2 DBs, 35 yards down the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
separately - mike smith may be out. playoffs or not, it's hard to imagine a coach failing so badly on so many short yardage situations. for as bland as we've been, the texans have been consistently strong finishing short yardage.
As a Saints fan, I don't want to see Smith go anywhere. Or Mularkey. I want front office/coaching staff dysfunction for our biggest rival. I hope these guys keep their jobs and two offensive cogs - on which Ryan leans most - get older.

Turner is getting older and showed a loss of momentum this year that wasn't there last season. And Gonzales, while being effective again this year, has slowed another step.

Sufficed to say, yesterday's 24-2 showing was immensely entertaining. For the Ferrari offense to get outscored 24-2-0 by the Giants AND their own defense?

lmmfao
Old 01-09-2012   #13
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe that David Carr has already won a super bowl. He was on the 2008 NYGiant team that beat the Pats.
Old 01-09-2012   #14
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I believe that David Carr has already won a super bowl. He was on the 2008 NYGiant team that beat the Pats.
No...he signed on just after they won.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #15
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Then I am looking at the wrong year - it was the 2007 New York Giants that went to the 2008 Super Bowl ??
Old 01-09-2012   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he was on the roster too
Old 01-09-2012   #17
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Then I am looking at the wrong year - it was the 2007 New York Giants that went to the 2008 Super Bowl ??
Yep 2007 Giants played in Super Bowl XLII in 2008. Mr Mittens signed was released by Carolina in February of 2008 and signed by the Giants in March.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read