Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012   #101
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade to interview for TB job

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That's a crappy rule. How about the rest of the losing teams in the NFL all wait until after the Superbowl to start the carousel?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #102
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Am I reading that wrong? It says he can only interview during wilcard week only if that team has a bye?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #103
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks CnD . For the clarification annd to end the speculation..

MSR
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #104
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 56179 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
so if we go into the ravens game with a half ass game plan cause wades head has been else where, you wont be mad ??? Think about what happened with sumlin and the cougars, this is the same scenario and it didnt work out to good for them.
Maybe you missed where I said YES HE IS GREAT, but you cannot deny the fact we got almost half of a new starting defense with the players from the draft and with the guys coming back from injury. He makes a difference, but lets not act as if he did it with scrubs, like he would have to do in Tampa or Miami....thats the point, he has a nice thing going here and I doubt he ups and leaves just because someone came calling. Its nice to know people want you....
Old 01-08-2012   #105
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56179 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Don't bother with him. All he'll do is call you names and spin things as he goes.

Then he'll follow you around to all your other posts in other threads and talk **** on you every time you post something. Trust me.
Ive talked to you in TWO THREADS, this one and the one about Rackers being a concern. Both of them you blew things our of proportion and were over critical. I see this is a pattern for you.....
Old 01-08-2012   #106
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Maybe you missed where I said YES HE IS GREAT, but you cannot deny the fact we got almost half of a new starting defense with the players from the draft and with the guys coming back from injury. He makes a difference, but lets not act as if he did it with scrubs, like he would have to do in Tampa or Miami....thats the point, he has a nice thing going here and I doubt he ups and leaves just because someone came calling. Its nice to know people want you....
I think you make a great point and Wade ain't the only guy in the world that knows defense.

If he leaves he'll be handing over a lot of talent for someone else to succeed. The talent is here, good DCs will want this job if Wade leaves.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #107
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Think maybe that all Wade is doing is bucking for a raise?

"See Mr. McNair . . . Everybody wants me. How bad do you want me back?"

And I'm sure the Denver fans weren't too pleased when there was talk of Kubiak coming to Houston. When you get a playoff successful football team, you get the whole package.
yep, great point. We have to always try to stay objective that success will often bring undesired consequences like players wanting more money and coaches getting offered jobs.

It's just the way things work. I just hope you're right that Wade is positioning himself for a raise. Bum said in a recent Bob Allen interview that Wade did not want any head coaching gig, but one that was right for him. According to Bum, Wade does not want to have to rebuild a team, so I'm not sure if the Bucs qualify as a team that just needs a head coach to make the difference.
Old 01-08-2012   #108
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I am fuming mad. F you Wade for even considering this WHILE we are in the middle of our first playoff game in Texans history. F you Wade!!!
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #109
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OMG youre such a whiney little BIA. Of course they will interview him, along with COUNTLESS other people. The guy has a 1-5 HC playoff record and during 04-06 with Chargers as DC he did not win a playoff game and during the Vick years in 02-03 he won ONE playoff game as DC. Yes he is great, but we have 5 starters on this team that did not play last season (Watt, Reed, Manning, Joseph and Barwin, not to mention a healthy Ryans, Cushing and a full season with Allen). We upgraded poor talent ( Pollard, Wilson, Okoye, Diles, Bentley, Adibi, Lewis, etc).

Not to mention the guy is what, 64? He would instantly be one of, if not the oldest, HC in the league. Older coaches is OK, but only if you had them, you don't hire a 64 year old, who will be 65 by next season and coming off a surgery like he is. Not to mention, no team out there has the "groceries" like our team. We are the best fit for him and if it is about money, I am sure Uncle Bob will give him more. The guy wants to have leverage to get more, fine by me. If you LOVE your job and another company wants to interview you, you do it, not because you will for sure take it, but you explore your options and use it as leverage.

I doubt he gets offered the job and even if he does, I doubt he takes it. Houston has some of the best medical hospitals in the nation, he is close to family, he gets paid a lot and we're young and dominating after ONE SEASON with no off-season. He is prime position to leave a great mark on his legacy by staying where he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
The timing is what ticks me off. We're in the middle of a playoff run, and Wade is busy looking for another job?

If our defense completely fails during the Baltimore game, I know who I'm going to blame; and it's not Kubiak.
Quote:
No, but every thread I go into you are whining like a little 5 year old girl who just got her barbie taken away. we just won our first playoff game EVER and you are complaining, go figure
Oh, I see. It's just ME complaining huh? LOL. FAIL.

Everybody is worried about it and hates it. But you choose me because you know I'll fight back and spar with you on here.

I know people like you, bro. You do this **** because it puts you up against me and gives you some spotlight on here. Others have come here and tried this same song and dance, and they end up getting banned or they leave. Happens about once every year, actually. So you're not doing anything I don't already know about already.

Try countering my points instead of name-calling. "Whiny *****," and "a girl who had her Barbies taken away," it's all name-calling and you ought to be spoken to by a mod for it. In fact, I've reported your posts to a mod for just that reason. Well, that...AND the way you continuously pick a fight with me.

You're lying (again) when you say things like you do about me. And the name-calling is a gesture born out of your inability to let the facts stand on their own. Everybody is concerned about these Wade rumors. If you're acting like you're not, then you're fooling nobody with the act. Worst to first, in one year, and the defense looked less than stellar when he was gone for surgery and recovering. Period.

A lot of teams out there see it, and they think they can bring him in and replicate the same accomplishment. They don't care if they have to make him a HC to do it...Kubiak was made a HC and basically was hired for his ability to coach QBs and make a good offense. Care to counter this point, or just want to throw out more name-calling against me???

I've neg repped you, you've earned it. First neg rep I've handed out to a fellow Texans fan in several years. Counter my points or shut your trap.
Old 01-08-2012   #110
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
half ??? watt, reed, jojo, manning. thats 4 out of 11. and if williams hadnt went down reed wouldnt be starting
Old 01-08-2012   #111
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep, great point. We have to always try to stay objective that success will often bring undesired consequences like players wanting more money and coaches getting offered jobs.

It's just the way things work. I just hope you're right that Wade is positioning himself for a raise. Bum said in a recent Bob Allen interview that Wade did not want any head coaching gig, but one that was right for him. According to Bum, Wade does not want to have to rebuild a team, so I'm not sure if the Bucs qualify as a team that just needs a head coach to make the difference.
after seeing Wade in his post game interview, I can't think he is going to come off real well in an interview. He looks weak and sick.

Who knows, but I hate that this is a distraction this week.

ps, no idea why I quoted you DB, just adding on not disagreeing with you.
Old 01-08-2012   #112
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Think maybe that all Wade is doing is bucking for a raise?

"See Mr. McNair . . . Everybody wants me. How bad do you want me back?"

And I'm sure the Denver fans weren't too pleased when there was talk of Kubiak coming to Houston. When you get a playoff successful football team, you get the whole package.
I see it as more of an ego thing than a money thing. He probably sees all of the things Kubes does as HC and thinks of how he would do them differently(read better). If it is about money, open up that pocket book, Mr. McNair.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #113
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
McClain_on_NFL John McClain
The Texans have given Tampa Bay permission to interview defensive coordinator Wade Phillips for their vacant head coaching job.
So did the Texans give this permission for during the off week prior to our Super Bowl appearance?

Or has The General gotten it wrong again?

And to the posters who are overreacting to this story: You're overreacting.
Old 01-08-2012   #114
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ive talked to you in TWO THREADS, this one and the one about Rackers being a concern. Both of them you blew things our of proportion and were over critical. I see this is a pattern for you.....
You've done in this in far more than just these two threads. And usually, buddyboy comes running to help you out. I swear, it's like clockwork and it's funny as hell.

Like I said, you're new here. Obviously. And I can tell you that in the 10 years I have been here (DAILY, btw) guys like you come and go, trying your hand at tearing me down like this--almost ALWAYS via trash talking and name-calling--and it never lasts. Never.

And that's because you have no staying power, guys like you. You drift in, pick fights like you have, and then you're A.D.D. kicks in and you're off to some other board somewhere to start the process all over again.

I've seen it so many times, it's easy to spot it from a mile away. Have fun, while it lasts.
Old 01-08-2012   #115
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to go with "guys, chill" for the time being. So what if he interviews for the job. I don't like it, but it is what it is. I think he'd be dumb to go back to head coaching, but if its something he still wants to do, I won't be all like "F-you Wade!" about it.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #116
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
half ??? watt, reed, jojo, manning. thats 4 out of 11. and if williams hadnt went down reed wouldnt be starting
I'm telling ya'......you ought to know where this is heading, Ellis.
Old 01-08-2012   #117
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm telling ya'......you ought to know where this is heading, Ellis.
haha my one down fall has always been that i am REALLY hard headed, i couldnt stop if i wanted to, i would black out and go into texans talk is awesome mode haha
Old 01-08-2012   #118
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not happy about this. It's like Kevin Sumlins crappy distraction that likely cost the Coogs an undefeated season. This isn't the time to be job hunting.
Old 01-08-2012   #119
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Oh, I see. It's just ME complaining huh? LOL. FAIL.

Everybody is worried about it and hates it. But you choose me because you know I'll fight back and spar with you on here.

I know people like you, bro. You do this **** because it puts you up against me and gives you some spotlight on here. Others have come here and tried this same song and dance, and they end up getting banned or they leave. Happens about once every year, actually. So you're not doing anything I don't already know about already.

Try countering my points instead of name-calling. "Whiny *****," and "a girl who had her Barbies taken away," it's all name-calling and you ought to be spoken to by a mod for it. In fact, I've reported your posts to a mod for just that reason. Well, that...AND the way you continuously pick a fight with me.

You're lying (again) when you say things like you do about me. And the name-calling is a gesture born out of your inability to let the facts stand on their own. Everybody is concerned about these Wade rumors. If you're acting like you're not, then you're fooling nobody with the act. Worst to first, in one year, and the defense looked less than stellar when he was gone for surgery and recovering. Period.

A lot of teams out there see it, and they think they can bring him in and replicate the same accomplishment. They don't care if they have to make him a HC to do it...Kubiak was made a HC and basically was hired for his ability to coach QBs and make a good offense. Care to counter this point, or just want to throw out more name-calling against me???

I've neg repped you, you've earned it. First neg rep I've handed out to a fellow Texans fan in several years. Counter my points or shut your trap.

Counter your post? You wasted 20 seconds of my life for reading yet another rant in which included NO FACTS. In case you did not know, your OPINION is not fact. Kubiak took 6 SEASONS to win, do you think any team will give a 65 year old man who just had surgery 6 seasons to win? Don't be naive....

HAHA, you can classify me in any way you'd like. I call it as I see it, I was once told, quantity over quality when posting. You should learn that. Just because you have been around here longer and have a large post count doesn't mean you are going to "bully" me around and threaten me with reporting me to a mod. i called you out for acting out and being whiney, so if I get warned, so be it. Won't be banned for that minor infraction and I definitely WON'T be leaving.

Like I said, Wade is a big improvement on this defense, coaching wise, but to pretend it was ALL him is ignorant. It just is, you are clearly ignoring every fact about his past, present and future I have thrown out at you. The only "argument" and it really isnt even that, you have is that other posters think it is bad for us. LOL, doesn't make any of you right.

For the record, I want him to stay AND think he does, but I will not cry if he leaves and will not whine about an interview like you have chosen to do. i have confidence that we will hire another good DC and our young defense got a taste of greatness, they will continue to thrive for it regardless who is calling the shots. And for Herring a few weeks back, I credit that to winning a division and let down games, also I credit it to Herring being thrown to the wolves and most likely told not to think to much. the team was riding a high from clinching the division and he was prolly nervous as all get out. Can't win them all....
Old 01-08-2012   #120
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 7186 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

If Wade wants to be a HC, then why not put his record up against Kubiak's and decide objectively who would be the better option for the team. Could Dennison pull off what Kubiak does should we decide to deep six the Kubiak era? Either way, this is bad timing and leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read