Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012   #321
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade to interview for TB job

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I think if this happens these people are silly and petty and only think about themselves. Wade came in and changed this team, the perception, the culture, and turned us into winners.

If people turn their backs on him b/c he still has the passion and burns to be a head coach then boo to those people. They were never a fan of Wade's, only a fan of what have you done for me lately.

I don't remember Wade ever saying he was home here and never wanted to move on as long as he is able to coach. Day one he talked about his head coaching record and how he should still be in talks about getting a head coaching job.

You don't want to be a first mate if you have been the captain of a ship.
Exactly Texans Red. Reading some of these comments in this thread, boy you'd think that Texans fans of all people would have some better class than that. Apparently not with some people. We finally get the best coaching performance from any coach that's ever entered this team, and people are ready to blast the guy the minute that he "might" take another opportunity that is a better opportunity for him. Talk about having no appreciation for anything. As a coach or a player, who would want to bust their ass for fans like that who are going to be quick to turn on you the minute you succeed at progressing in your career??
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #322
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Exactly Texans Red. Reading some of these comments in this thread, boy you'd think that Texans fans of all people would have some better class than that. Apparently not with some people. We finally get the best coaching performance from any coach that's ever entered this team, and people are ready to blast the guy the minute that he "might" take another opportunity that is a better opportunity for him. Talk about having no appreciation for anything. As a coach or a player, who would want to bust their ass for fans like that who are going to be quick to turn on you the minute you succeed at progressing in your career??
Hey Tex, I never claimed to have any class.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #323
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Phillips: "I'm not looking to go anywhere"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

I think Mcnair is a smart guy. He's seen what hiring new guys has got him, he'll stay away from it unless a young guy really impresses them. After Wade he's not going to just settle for any old DC.
What makes you think that? In his history he's only hired one good coach that has done well in the last 10 seasons. Bob has a lot stronger history of bad hires than he does good hires coaching wise. I'd like to think that if Wade leaves that he'd thoroughly search for the best coaching candidate possible that is a vet DC. I'd hope that he would do that, but I wouldn't bank on it just because we hired Wade.
Old 01-09-2012   #324
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80234 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What makes you think that? In his history he's only hired one good coach that has done well in the last 10 seasons. Bob has a lot stronger history of bad hires than he does good hires coaching wise. I'd like to think that if Wade leaves that he'd thoroughly search for the best coaching candidate possible that is a vet DC. I'd hope that he would do that, but I wouldn't bank on it just because we hired Wade.
This. I really hope we search and do not immediately hire Herring. I really would prefer another proven guy. It seems like our young players gravitate to the veteran players and coaches much better. They see tentativeness as weakness especially with coaching, it seems. I would like a guy like Mike Nolan (if Miami hires a 4-3 HC) or Mike Singletary. Both flamed out as HC, but not bad as DC's.

EDIT: Assuming Wade leaves, something I do not think will happen for numerous reasons which I posted on pg 5 here and in another thread.
Old 01-09-2012   #325
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 55012 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To play devil's advocate here: We are only fans. We're not family, friends or insiders to Wade. There's no amount of appreciation that we can give Wade Phillips that he can actually feel. He's got much bigger people to answer to. I'm sure he concerns himself with how he answers to Gary Kubiak and to Bob McNair first, before anything else, in as much as he feels a part of the organization.

But winning is something that Wade Phillips concerns himself with, on a personal level, I'm sure. The happiness of the fans is merely a byproduct of fulfilling his own ego and/or pocketbook. It's something that happens only if Wade is self-fullfilled.

In other words, as a mere byproduct, should I feel any compunction to give my loyalty to someone who is neither family nor friend - someone who doesn't know me from Adam?

I am loyal to the team, because we belong to the city - and I feel that bond, whether it is real, or only imagined. Yet I cannot imagine that upper managment (with the exception of perhaps Bob McNair), really cares about me...so who am I to give my heart to them on a personal level?
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #326
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 38029 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire Kubiak--hire Wade.
Problem solved...

c'mon, you knew somebody would say it.

Btw, it's

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #327
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Fire Kubiak--hire Wade.
Problem solved...

c'mon, you knew somebody would say it.

Btw, it's
Considering what Kubiak minus Wade has brought us over the years, I wouldn't mind that at all if it's the only way to keep Wade. Seriously.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2012   #328
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Glazer Brothers could care less about Tampa Bay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That's another reason Wade would want to go to TB. With 55 mill, he could completely remake their D in his image.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #329
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Wade Phillips absolutely deserves a chance to be a HC in the NFL again. If there's a bar one has to reach in wins or winning percentage to be deserving of such a job I'm sure he's reached it.

Having said that I believe that part of the reason Wade has gotten the reputation of not being a very good HC is where he's coached and under what circumstances he's coached. I believed when he came here that he was a great DC but a bad HC who lost all the teams he'd ever led. Looking closer at it I see that he's cleaned up a lot of other peoples messes (New Orleans, Atlanta) and coached for some very dysfunctional organizations where winning can be at best difficult and holding on to the starting job is even harder (Buffalo, Dallas). In Denver he seems to have simply failed to ingratiate himself to "The Elway".

You take the opportunities you can get and I understand that but Tampa Bay isn't exactly what I'd call a great opportunity for a HC. It beats working for Jerry Jones in Dallas or being hired by Al Davis when he was alive but it's not an organization I think that does things right anymore. If I were Wade I'd be thinking that the next time I step into the HC's role I want a reasonable shot at sticking for a while. I know they'll have a lot of salary cap space available but are they willing to spend it or are they just looking at the bottom line? I think if we can win a Super Bowl or even just get to the AFC Championship game this year or next year then his stock will soar even higher.

If I were Wade I'd wait another year. That's just me though. I won't hold it against him if he takes the job. I'll just hope that we don't see another assistant coach with no experience trying to keep this thing together after Wade's gone.
Old 01-09-2012   #330
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think that Wade Phillips absolutely deserves a chance to be a HC in the NFL again. If there's a bar one has to reach in wins or winning percentage to be deserving of such a job I'm sure he's reached it.

Having said that I believe that part of the reason Wade has gotten the reputation of not being a very good HC is where he's coached and under what circumstances he's coached. I believed when he came here that he was a great DC but a bad HC who lost all the teams he'd ever led. Looking closer at it I see that he's cleaned up a lot of other peoples messes (New Orleans, Atlanta) and coached for some very dysfunctional organizations where winning can be at best difficult and holding on to the starting job is even harder (Buffalo, Dallas).

You take the opportunities you can get and I understand that but Tampa Bay isn't exactly what I'd call a great opportunity for a HC. It beats working for Jerry Jones in Dallas or being hired by Al Davis when he was alive but it's not an organization I think that does things right anymore. If I were Wade I'd be thinking that the next time I step into the HC's role I want a reasonable shot at sticking for a while. I know they'll have a lot of salary cap space available but are they willing to spend it or are they just looking at the bottom line? I think if we can win a Super Bowl or even just get to the AFC Championship game this year or next year then his stock will soar even higher.

If I were Wade I'd wait another year. That's just me though. I won't hold it against him if he takes the job. I'll just hope that we don't see another assistant coach with no experience trying to keep this thing together after Wade's gone.
The Tampa situation is worse than the Dallas position & look how that turned out. It's one thing to be a fool its another to be an old fool

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #331
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I don't know if Wade gets TB job or not. One thing is certain that we do have good coaching staff that other teams are interested in which is a good thing IMO. Last year Dennison, before that Sherman(not pro but) and now Wade. I hope, Wade stays with us however, I do understand if he decided to leave for TB's HC job. To me, Wade deserves another chance to prove himself that he is capable of doing HC and be successful at it.
My thoughts on Wade as a head coach are mixed. When he got the Dallas job, I didn't understand the disapproval by the fans. Wade had always been a winner, couldn't win in the play-offs, but he was a winner. He even got Dallas their only post-season win in the last decade.

But the way his defense laid down on him, makes me wonder how is he at all the other things a head coach has to be good at... like "team building," media management, etc.....
Old 01-09-2012   #332
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Having said that I believe that part of the reason Wade has gotten the reputation of not being a very good HC is where he's coached and under what circumstances he's coached. I believed when he came here that he was a great DC but a bad HC who lost all the teams he'd ever led. Looking closer at it I see that he's cleaned up a lot of other peoples messes (New Orleans, Atlanta) and coached for some very dysfunctional organizations where winning can be at best difficult and holding on to the starting job is even harder (Buffalo, Dallas). In Denver he seems to have simply failed to ingratiate himself to "The Elway".

In 2013 they will have to spend due to the salary cap floor starting. They will have to spend at least 89% or 107 mill. They will have to spend in 2013, so when they make Wade the head coach, I think he will begin spending to remake his D. He could go after Robert Mathis/Mario to become his Demarcus Ware, sign Brent Grimes to become corner #1, draft LSU CB Morris Claiborne to be CB #2 and that would be shot in the arm talent-wise to the Bucs.

The other thing for Wade to consider is that he is 64 years old. He will be 65 next season. If he turns down the job(which I don't think he does), then he will be 66 the next season. How many more opportunities will he get as a HC? Plus NOW is when he will be at his hottest. He turned the Texans from worst to 2nd. If the Texans drop to 5th, he will look worse. If Wade is sincere about wanting to be a HC, and I think he is, I think he will take the job when offered.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #333
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
To play devil's advocate here: We are only fans. We're not family, friends or insiders to Wade. There's no amount of appreciation that we can give Wade Phillips that he can actually feel. He's got much bigger people to answer to. I'm sure he concerns himself with how he answers to Gary Kubiak and to Bob McNair first, before anything else, in as much as he feels a part of the organization.

But winning is something that Wade Phillips concerns himself with, on a personal level, I'm sure. The happiness of the fans is merely a byproduct of fulfilling his own ego and/or pocketbook. It's something that happens only if Wade is self-fullfilled.

In other words, as a mere byproduct, should I feel any compunction to give my loyalty to someone who is neither family nor friend - someone who doesn't know me from Adam?

I am loyal to the team, because we belong to the city - and I feel that bond, whether it is real, or only imagined. Yet I cannot imagine that upper managment (with the exception of perhaps Bob McNair), really cares about me...so who am I to give my heart to them on a personal level?
It's called appreciation, and it always stinks when you're not appreciated when you deserve it. People including myself have bitched about Kubiak a lot over the years. Wade comes here and does a fantastic job and really helps to turn this team around. We have never had a true winning season in this history unless you want to claim to that 9-7 season a few years ago which I really don't. When a DC comes over here and in ONE SEASON takes the last place defense into the 1st place defense, that's historical and it's phenominal. Why wouldn't Wade possibly have other teams wanting him after he does something like that?? Why wouldn't he want several Million dollars more per season. That's the objective of a coach. To expect or to look down on a guy for wanting to achieve in his profession is selfish. You didn't have any problems wanting him to achieve here and he did. For a guy that finally made something huge happen in Houston after all these years in one season, he deserves a hell of a lot of respect from fans whether he leaves or not. If he does leave if anything, he deserves a warm farewell.
Old 01-09-2012   #334
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Kubiak has shown he knows NOTHING about running a defense or hiring someone who can. Phillips came in through the owner and Rick Smith, and if Phillips leaves, I agree with Grams, we're back to the same old **** around here.
hm.......

Frank Bush took us from 22nd to 13th against a tougher schedule.

2010, we dropped to 30th, partly because of injuries (we had just as many injuries in 2010 as we had in 2011).

If you count Cushing missing the first 4 games, Bullman missing the entire season, Barwin getting hurt the first game of the season, Demeco getting injured after KC, Diles getting injured, Wilson getting injured & a whole slew of others.... Mario played in 3 games he shouldn't have.

I say partly, because the injuries didn't stop us this year. I think Wade's 35 years of experience taught him to stay aggressive while working through injuries. The players we had acquired were all downhill players & they tried to play more zone coverages which took our play-makers out of the game.

Not trying to take anything from Wade Phillips & what he's done, but we had an awful lot of talent on this team before he got here & you're not going to go from 30th to 2nd without some help. Jacksonville also went from 28th to 6th, probably because of the schedule, & would have been higher if their offense could stay on the field & score points.

I don't see the 2011 draft any different than Rick Smith's previous drafts. We've gone defense heavy before, that's why we have so much talent on the defensive side of the ball. JJWatt & Brooks Reed in the first & second looked an aweful lot like Mario Williams & Demeco Ryans in 2006.

Jjo & Manning probably had more to do with McNair getting all up in Rick Smith's business than it had to do with Wade Phillips. Smith had not been able to sign any big name free agents until then...... Maybe it was Wade Phillips' reputation, I don't know. But if we make it to the AFC Championship game, I think we'll have enough clout to attract Free Agents & coaches..... like a new DC.
Old 01-09-2012   #335
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade is old. He doesn't have time to sit around and wait for the perfect situation. Dude probabvly just wants one more shot.
Quote:

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #336
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
hm.......

2010, we dropped to 30th, partly because of injuries (we had just as many injuries in 2010 as we had in 2011).

If you count Cushing missing the first 4 games, Bullman missing the entire season, Barwin getting hurt the first game of the season, Demeco getting injured after KC, Diles getting injured, Wilson getting injured & a whole slew of others.... Mario played in 3 games he shouldn't have.

I say partly, because the injuries didn't stop us this year. I think Wade's 35 years of experience taught him to stay aggressive while working through injuries. The players we had acquired were all downhill players & they tried to play more zone coverages which took our play-makers out of the game.

Not trying to take anything from Wade Phillips & what he's done, but we had an awful lot of talent on this team before he got here & you're not going to go from 30th to 2nd without some help. Jacksonville also went from 28th to 6th, probably because of the schedule, & would have been higher if their offense could stay on the field & score points.

I don't see the 2011 draft any different than Rick Smith's previous drafts. We've gone defense heavy before, that's why we have so much talent on the defensive side of the ball. JJWatt & Brooks Reed in the first & second looked an aweful lot like Mario Williams & Demeco Ryans in 2006.

Jjo & Manning probably had more to do with McNair getting all up in Rick Smith's business than it had to do with Wade Phillips. Smith had not been able to sign any big name free agents until then...... Maybe it was Wade Phillips' reputation, I don't know. But if we make it to the AFC Championship game, I think we'll have enough clout to attract Free Agents & coaches..... like a new DC.
It was either Manning or Joseph, or both, but they said the reason they were attracted to Houston was because of Wade Phillips being the defensive coordinator.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #337
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
...Mike Singletary. Both flamed out as HC, but not bad as DC's.
Singletary was never a DC. He was a LB coach in Baltimore, they added the "Assistant HC" title to get him in San Francisco (it has to be a promotion for him to go to another team) but he was probably a little more than a LB coach.

I would love to give him a shot as DC in Houston. He's a Houston Native, and has a pedigree of winning. Plus he brings that fire & swagger to team that Kubiak doesn't portray.

If we can match his fire to Kubiak's ability to teach, communicate & bring together... who knows?
Old 01-09-2012   #338
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

From the posts I've read, I'm not getting the feeling as much that people aren't appreciative of what Wade has done, but just that there's an overwhelming feeling of frustration and maybe betrayal that as soon as we FINALLY get a formula that works, something comes up to threaten that.

And I am firm in my belief that the timing of it just sucks. It's an emotional time and a key point in the season, and people are responding in a visceral fashion. It's to be expected. That doesn't mean that the fans reacting this way don't have any class.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #339
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
hm.......

You're like a broken record with your Frank Bush love TK. I don't understand it and I can't explain it. You say you're not trying to take anything away from what Wade has done but I think that's exactly what you're doing. You're trying to say "Look at Frank Bush and the players he had and tell me how they're all that different from the players that Wade had and the defense he got out of them". Wade's defense was #2 in the NFL. Frank's was #13.

Frank failed when he had a rash of injuries, Wade succeeded. That's pretty much the end of it as far as I'm concerned but I have to admit that we all have our pet rehabilitation projects. I'm a Ron Dayne advocate so who am I to throw stones.
Old 01-09-2012   #340
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Wade is old. He doesn't have time to sit around and wait for the perfect situation. Dude probabvly just wants one more shot.

65 isn't any or less viable than 66. If he's going to jump at the first chance he's offered it will more than likely be another temporary caretaker position where the organization uses him and then throws him away. Stupid move in my opinion but his call to make.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read