Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012   #281
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade to interview for TB job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I hear you, but disagree. Contracts in the NFL are one year only as they can be ripped up by the team at anytime. Wade was brought in to turnaround the d and he did. I would say he certainly did the job.

And I disGree that nobody would have hired him. It was pretty much known he wanted to coach the d here and the team wanted him. Had we not wanted him, he would have gotten Another dc position guaranteed.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Back to kubiocrity!
Coaching contracts aren't for one year, and NFL coaches (even assistants) can't be let go without either being paid the remainder of their contract, or negotiating a buy out. Big difference from the players in this regard.

I completely agree that Wade would have pretty easily found another DC job, and that's why I don't have a problem with what appears to be going on. The Texans were desparate for defensive improvement, and they made him the highest paid DC in the league. Sounds like both sides got something out of the bargain, and if Wade ends up moving on (which for the record, I still do not think he will), then I'm not sure how either side gets cheated or mistreated, or however you want to characterize it.
Old 01-08-2012   #282
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
"We'll talk and see how much interest (the Bucs) have in me," Phillips told the Chronicle. "I'm gratified somebody noticed. I don't want to leave Houston, but I want to be a head coach."

Sure sounds like he will leave if he gets the chance. Pretty crappy if you ask me. I would have thought he would be really happy in Houston being one of the highest paid dc and coaching close to home. If he leaves after 1 year then he can kiss my a$$. I'm with SheTexan on this one. And I'm a big fan of Bum and thought the Wade hiring was a good one. 1 year would be an insult. If Wade was hired you can bet alot of the assistant coaches here would follow. It would be devistating to this team and an insult to the defensive players. Terrible timing. Who knows what players would follow him also. I hope the Bucs hire Sherman and Wade ends up staying. This no good in a bunch of different ways. Sheesh!
Careful, you're spewing hatred there. [/sarcasm]
Old 01-08-2012   #283
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bucs are interviewing Brad Childress on Monday according to ESPN, so I don't think it's anywhere near a certainty that Wade gets this job, much less any other. Fisher is likely to sign with St Louis too, so that will narrow down the options for Wade.

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will interview former Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress for their head coaching position on Monday, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Tampa Bay will also interview Houston Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips and a source told ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton that the meeting will happen Friday.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...y-sources-says
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #284
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's called HYPERBOLE. With a sprinkle of anxiousness and a dash of Texans Homer.

That whooshing sound is all of it passing over your head.

"Hatred" isn't fitting as a description. Grab a dictionary.

------------

Hyperbole ( /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή, 'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.
Whatever, dude. Just reading what you posted. I was wondering if you were hitting the bottle too hard.
Maybe we should have a hyperbole smiley for slow-witted posters like me.
Old 01-08-2012   #285
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If Wade really wants TB's job...all he has to do is talk to him and find out where the good strip clubs are, where the best price on beer is at, and how to cheer the Texans on game days. I'm sure Texan Bill (TB) would oblige.

Texan Bill can take Wade's headset and call the plays for the defense. Seems like a good idea. Right?
Old 01-08-2012   #286
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Glazer Brothers could care less about Tampa Bay....

The Glazer Brothers own the Bucs.....guess who else they own.....MANCHESTER UNITED....go look and see where all their money is going to......a global sports team such as Manchester....vs Tampa Bay......
ManU....gets the money.....Tampa does not.....

Go ask the Bucs fans if they like the Glazer brothers as owners.....they will tell you hell no.....I feel sorry for that teams fans because the ownership of that team will not spend the money needed vs spending it all on ManU.....

In other words....you want to go head coach there Wade.....be prepared for not getting any money for crap.....cause you wont......

Glazer Brothers are a joke as owners......If you doubt what I say is true....go look at how much they spend on both teams......it is not even funny......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #287
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Glazer Brothers could care less about Tampa Bay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
The Glazer Brothers own the Bucs.....guess who else they own.....MANCHESTER UNITED....go look and see where all their money is going to......a global sports team such as Manchester....vs Tampa Bay......

Go ask the Bucs fans if they like the Glazer brothers as owners.....they will tell you hell no.....I feel sorry for that teams fans because the ownership of that team will not spend the money needed vs spending it all on ManU.....

In other words....you want to go head coach there Wade.....be prepared for not getting any money for crap.....cause you wont......

Glazer Brothers are a joke as owners......If you doubt what I say is true....go look at how much they spend on both teams......it is not even funny......
Why not provide a link?
Old 01-08-2012   #288
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post

They were cruddy owners before they ever bought ManU, and you're right, it's only gotten worse since then. Part of the reason Raheem Morris was promoted to HC without ever serving as a coordinator for them was because he would work cheap.
Old 01-08-2012   #289
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Comes with the territory -- you know, w-i-n-n-i-n-g ... get used to it or take a pill, sheesh.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #290
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Whatever, dude. Just reading what you posted. I was wondering if you were hitting the bottle too hard.
LOL.

Just because you say it, doesn't mean it's true Doc.

People vent on this issue the way they want to. That's all that's happening. No lecturing from you is needed on whether people's feelings or posts are valid or not.

Some are indifferent to the situation, others think they know he won't leave for TB, and some are rattled that Wade has mentioned being a HC on many occasions before this whole TB stuff happened. Because people don't like it, and because they might let their irritation show on the MB here...doesn't mean it's hatred. Hyperbole? Yes. Hatred? LOL, nope.
Old 01-08-2012   #291
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why not provide a link?
The Buc's are to the NFL as the Pittsburgh Pirates are to the MLB. Cheap cheap cheap and will be greatly affected by the cap floor in 2013.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #292
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Why not provide a link?
Without finding a link, I know that we've discussed on here how the Bucs are EXTREMELY well below the salary cap. As in, "They can go and by a lot of groceries" if they wanted to. As in, leaps and bounds and far and away the leader of the pack in salary cap space.

This was discussed in the lockout days during the summer.
Old 01-08-2012   #293
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The Buc's are to the NFL as the Pittsburgh Pirates are to the MLB. Cheap cheap cheap and will be greatly affected by the cap floor in 2013.
Yep. They're going to have to let go of some money under the new CBA. Which is one of the reasons for introducing the new rule...it makes teams ATTEMPT to stay competitive--via doling out cash to players--instead of pocketing and saving so much money, especially when they tank and get paid on the whole team revenue sharing aspect of the NFL.

You can begin to see why the richer teams would be likely to dislike the smaller market teams such as Bills and Bucs, etc. These teams are not fielding competitive teams, not really expanding their product much at all, and STILL get to share revenue with the rich teams. The rich teams, in essence, are keeping the Bills and Bucs and Jags afloat and there's no punishment against a team like the Bucs for not spending their cap space enough. Until now.
Old 01-08-2012   #294
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Whether right or wrong, even if he fails to land the HC position.......after his recent comments, many Houston fans will never again see Wade with the same loveable endearment and reverence that is his father.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #295
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW, Fat Albert would really enjoy Wade and 3-4 coming to town.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #296
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL.

Just because you say it, doesn't mean it's true Doc.

People vent on this issue the way they want to. That's all that's happening. No lecturing from you is needed on whether people's feelings or posts are valid or not.

Some are indifferent to the situation, others think they know he won't leave for TB, and some are rattled that Wade has mentioned being a HC on many occasions before this whole TB stuff happened. Because people don't like it, and because they might let their irritation show on the MB here...doesn't mean it's hatred. Hyperbole? Yes. Hatred? LOL, nope.
I'm a repeat offender in venting. I'm emtionally wiped out after yesterday, so you caught me in a moment of no sense of humor or hyperbole. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I thought that was the Jags.
Old 01-08-2012   #297
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Whether right or wrong, even if he fails to land the HC position.......after his recent comments, many Houston fans will never again see Wade with the same loveable endearment and reverence that is his father.
Yep. For the more savvy fan, the bloom is off the rose.

He had a shot at maybe becoming a bit of an icon here. And he might still accomplish it if he changes some stripes. But doggone if it doesn't look like he's hell-bent for leather to get another HC gig ANYWHERE he can get one.

I mean, he's not "looking" to be one, but he will listen...and he's happy where he's at but he still wants to be a HC again. LOL.

Wade Phillips: Defensive Coordinator extraordinaire. Public Relations genius? Not so much.
Old 01-08-2012   #298
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. For the more savvy fan, the bloom is off the rose.

He had a shot at maybe becoming a bit of an icon here. And he might still accomplish it if he changes some stripes. But doggone if it doesn't look like he's hell-bent for leather to get another HC gig ANYWHERE he can get one.

I mean, he's not "looking" to be one, but he will listen...and he's happy where he's at but he still wants to be a HC again. LOL.

Wade Phillips: Defensive Coordinator extraordinaire. Public Relations genius? Not so much.
F That.

Win us two more games and all is forgiven. Win us 3 more games and make a statue of the man.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #299
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
I thought that was the Jags.
They're in the club, no doubt.

Guys like Jerry Jones would LOVE to see teams like Bills, Bucs, Jags, etc. fold up and go away. To him, he sees them as holding back everyone because they are in essence leeching off his Cowboys. Think "welfare system" if you will.

If a team ain't contributing to the pile of chips pom the table, they're taking away from it.
Old 01-08-2012   #300
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
F That.

Win us two more games and all is forgiven. Win us 3 more games and make a statue of the man.
Odds are more favorable of him sticking around, getting more help via the draft, free agency maybe as well, and hopefully shutting his pie hole about wanting to be a HC again.

If that happens, he and Kubiak could string together several awesome seasons and have great chances on an annual basis.

Just my two cents, not saying it's HOW it will play out. Just saying this would be most advantageous to us if he sort of figured out he was no longer a true HC candidate anymore. As it stands, dude is gonna' leave if somebody extends the offer his way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read