Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012   #261
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade to interview for TB job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
The NFL is a business. He could have easily been fiRed down the line, just as bum was. He wants to be a hc, not a dc, so I can't blame him. There is no loyalty on either side, so why should we expect any from either side. Ok, he is from houston...so what? I guarantee if the texans thought they could get a better dc they'd get rid of wade. Same thing here.

That makes no sense! We don't NEED a better DC! Daddy Bob hired Wade to do that job, paid him nicely, (isn't he one of the best paid DC in the NFL?) and expected him to DO THAT JOB!! He's done a fantastic job so far, but, his job IS NOT DONE here!! Doing this NOW will disrupt the locker room, you can bet on it! NO, it shouldn't because those players are PROS, but, they are also human. If it's effected us this way, why not the players?

Like I posted earlier, I know this stuff happens in the NFL, and I really could care less if he leaves. The fact that he's doing this NOW just reeks of disrespect to a franchise who hired him when NOONE else would! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #262
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

his not going anywhere!!!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #263
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I've still yet to hear anyone make an argument against sending Kubiak packing to promote Wade. Anyone...?
Old 01-08-2012   #264
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 82763 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I've still yet to hear anyone make an argument against sending Kubiak packing to promote Wade. Anyone...?
WHY in the hell would we do that, and if you look closely i have seen 2 posts suggest that. Yeah lets fire the coach who took us to the play-offs and who just got our first play off win. And people can say this is all because of wade, but we missed foster for 4 games, AJ for 8, Schaub lost for the season, Leinart lost for the season. And we clinch the South with a 5th round rookie.
Old 01-08-2012   #265
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
And I've yet to see more than very few posts suggest it.

Don't matter. Will not happen.
Old 01-08-2012   #266
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

In the end, I think Wade will stay as Texans DC. The whole timing of it though is kind of jacked up.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #267
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I am just irritated because for the first time kubes has had a legit dc. I am irritated because I am sure kubes will promote from within and the team will regress to a 7 win (or less) team next year.
I understand the irritation. I don't understand all abject hatred being put out by GP, She Texan, et al.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2012   #268
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We might as well get used to it, because if he stays this kind of stuff is going to happen every playoff season for a while. Having coordinators interviewing for HCing jobs elsewhere is just part of being a real contender.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #269
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do we do this? I really hate searching through an entire thread I care nothing about to find where the relevant part starts. Should'nt Wade interviewing for a new job start a new thread?
Old 01-08-2012   #270
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
What he hasn't done is win a Super Bowl. It is a long shot but this year is his chance. He just proved that isn't what really matters to him. A Super Bowl is not his ultimate goal he has worked 40 years to achieve. Wade is an arrogant SOB.
Phillips wouldn't resign prior to the end of the season. He would coach all the way to the Super Bowl, if the team makes it that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
The fact that he's doing this NOW just reeks of disrespect to a franchise who hired him when NOONE else would!
Phillips is a respected defensive coach who likely could have found another coordinator position, had the Texans not offered the job.

From Jason La Canfora of NFL.com:

Quote:
League sources continue to indicate that Mike Sherman is well-positioned to be named the next head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a decision that could be announced this week.

Sherman interviewed for the position last week, and it went well, according to sources.

The Bucs are intrigued by Sherman's ample NFL and college experience, and he brings a message and demeanor very different from recently fired coach Raheem Morris.
Mike Sherman? Not good enough for the SEC. But good enough for Tampa Bay? That would be a weird hire. #crossfingers
Old 01-08-2012   #271
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Should'nt Wade interviewing for a new job start a new thread?
I'll tell you what: If and when Wade actually interviews for the job, we'll make it a new thread. Until then, its speculation.
Old 01-08-2012   #272
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Wade gets the TB job. (I dont think he will) I could see Wade giving his blessings to Herring getting the DC job, BoB hiring Herring and extending Gary for 3 more yrs and the Texans returning to 9-7, 7-9.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #273
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I understand the irritation. I don't understand all abject hatred being put out by GP, She Texan, et al.
It's called HYPERBOLE. With a sprinkle of anxiousness and a dash of Texans Homer.

That whooshing sound is all of it passing over your head.

"Hatred" isn't fitting as a description. Grab a dictionary.

------------

Hyperbole ( /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή, 'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.
Old 01-08-2012   #274
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'll tell you what: If and when Wade actually interviews for the job, we'll make it a new thread. Until then, its speculation.
I know it's the way ya'll do it. Just throwing my vote for it to change. Anytime something is important enough to change the title of the thread seems like it should have it's own thread. It would only add one or two more threads a week(if that) and it would make it a lot easier for the people who only check the board once every day or so.
Old 01-08-2012   #275
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That makes no sense! We don't NEED a better DC! Daddy Bob hired Wade to do that job, paid him nicely, (isn't he one of the best paid DC in the NFL?) and expected him to DO THAT JOB!! He's done a fantastic job so far, but, his job IS NOT DONE here!! Doing this NOW will disrupt the locker room, you can bet on it! NO, it shouldn't because those players are PROS, but, they are also human. If it's effected us this way, why not the players?

Like I posted earlier, I know this stuff happens in the NFL, and I really could care less if he leaves. The fact that he's doing this NOW just reeks of disrespect to a franchise who hired him when NOONE else would! JMO!!
I hear you, but disagree. Contracts in the NFL are one year only as they can be ripped up by the team at anytime. Wade was brought in to turnaround the d and he did. I would say he certainly did the job.

And I disGree that nobody would have hired him. It was pretty much known he wanted to coach the d here and the team wanted him. Had we not wanted him, he would have gotten Another dc position guaranteed.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Back to kubiocrity!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #276
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If Wade gets the TB job. (I dont think he will) I could see Wade giving his blessings to Herring getting the DC job, BoB hiring Herring and extending Gary for 3 more yrs and the Texans returning to 9-7, 7-9.
Yup
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #277
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If Wade goes for another head coaching job, why would he stay in Houston & not follow Wade? He's got a history with Wade, Wade has always taken care of ihm. Wade "wanting" to be a head coach may be just as much for Herring as it is about Wade.

Regardless, I think it would be interesting to speculate who would replace Wade, should he leave.
Old 01-08-2012   #278
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

"We'll talk and see how much interest (the Bucs) have in me," Phillips told the Chronicle. "I'm gratified somebody noticed. I don't want to leave Houston, but I want to be a head coach."

Sure sounds like he will leave if he gets the chance. Pretty crappy if you ask me. I would have thought he would be really happy in Houston being one of the highest paid dc and coaching close to home. If he leaves after 1 year then he can kiss my a$$. I'm with SheTexan on this one. And I'm a big fan of Bum and thought the Wade hiring was a good one. 1 year would be an insult. If Wade was hired you can bet alot of the assistant coaches here would follow. It would be devistating to this team and an insult to the defensive players. Terrible timing. Who knows what players would follow him also. I hope the Bucs hire Sherman and Wade ends up staying. This no good in a bunch of different ways. Sheesh!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
bckey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #279
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know this is what happens in the NFL, BUT, to do this right before one of our biggest games in this playoff run, and to do it on FRIDAY, just reeks of disrespect for our franchise! He has been with us ONE damn year, turned our D around, and now he wants to be a big **** once again! Maybe he just has a BIG head, or ego!!

Truthfully, I don't care if he goes or not! I want him to stay due to our young D needing to grow and mature, but, it is what it is in the NFL!! I'm just pissed off that he is doing this NOW, and not after we play the Ravens. I'm even more PISSED that Kubiak gave permission for him to interview in the first place! He could have held off a week. If the Bucs wanted him bad enough they would have waited for that to happen.

Screw them all!! I hate the politics of this game!!
If we win the Baltimore game, would it have made you happier if he interviewed next week?

Isn't Friday the day the team doesn't practice? That's probably why they're doing it that day. They set up their game plan and practice from Monday-Thursday, IIRC. Friday is just a walkthrough I think. If there's any day to interview, Friday would be it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #280
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not be surprised if Tampa went with Sherman. I feel like they want to develop Freeman into a good QB and build around him. They feel Sherman would be great for that. Lets hope they hire Sherman.

Also hiring Wade wouldnt make sense. He wouldn't be there too long cause he is already 64. He would be the oldest HC. If they thought they were a defense away from a championship then take wade, but i think it all falls on freeman and he needs more development.

Take sherman!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read