Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012   #241
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade to interview for TB job

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I've been rolling this whole thing around in my head today. Taking in all the comments. Looking at the other candidates listed.

I don't think Wade Phillips has the chops to be a HC, and I think he won't get a chance to make a decision to become one again. He'll lose out because of his wishy-washy attitude when pressed on tough questions, his record in Dallas, and the sheer weight of the other candidates involved.

This might be the Bucs just making sure they turn over all the rocks that are out there, ranking their guys and then making a choice and an offer to ONE guy. Then going down the list if Guy 1 declines or can't agree on the contract.

This is my best attempt at being positive about this situation.
Outside of one bad year(last year) wade has been a pretty solid to good. I fully expect tb to offer the job to wade and for wade to take it. I think he is as good as gone.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #242
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Will be interesting to see if Wade leaves what happens with our D scheme. Wade's scheme is not a classic 4-3 or 3-4. I would hope we'd stay with a 3-4 or similar to what we have now, but you gotta think if they go outside of the current staff then it will partly just depend on who's available. Don't wanna make a 4-3 guy coach a 3-4 scheme and vice versa. Our personnel (surprisingly, if you had asked me at the start of the season) fits this scheme so well...
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #243
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
For sure Kubiak needs to change his ways. Herring "proved" himself when he was in charge of the two games Wade missed. The proof wasn't a good thing and surely even Kubiak can figure that out. Maybe not but I bet McNair has something to say about it. At least I hope he does.
I bet McNair signs off on herring if wade gives his seal on the way out the door.

Old 01-08-2012   #244
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

All I really can say is **** Wade Phillips if he leaves, he won't ever have a city who has his back like Houston has all year.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #245
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this is what happens in the NFL, BUT, to do this right before one of our biggest games in this playoff run, and to do it on FRIDAY, just reeks of disrespect for our franchise! He has been with us ONE damn year, turned our D around, and now he wants to be a big **** once again! Maybe he just has a BIG head, or ego!!

Truthfully, I don't care if he goes or not! I want him to stay due to our young D needing to grow and mature, but, it is what it is in the NFL!! I'm just pissed off that he is doing this NOW, and not after we play the Ravens. I'm even more PISSED that Kubiak gave permission for him to interview in the first place! He could have held off a week. If the Bucs wanted him bad enough they would have waited for that to happen.

Screw them all!! I hate the politics of this game!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #246
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Outside of one bad year(last year) wade has been a pretty solid to good. I fully expect tb to offer the job to wade and for wade to take it. I think he is as good as gone.
I still think there's another candidate yet to be named. This is a young team that needs grooming, not a vet team ready to win. The Bucs need someone who can be there for the long haul.
Old 01-08-2012   #247
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I know this is what happens in the NFL, BUT, to do this right before one of our biggest games in this playoff run, and to do it on FRIDAY, just reeks of disrespect for our franchise! He has been with us ONE damn year, turned our D around, and now he wants to be a big **** once again! Maybe he just has a BIG head, or ego!!

Truthfully, I don't care if he goes or not! I want him to stay due to our young D needing to grow and mature, but, it is what it is in the NFL!! I'm just pissed off that he is doing this NOW, and not after we play the Ravens. I'm even more PISSED that Kubiak gave permission for him to interview in the first place! He could have held off a week. If the Bucs wanted him bad enough they would have waited for that to happen.

Screw them all!! I hate the politics of this game!!
Well said. I am so freaking mad right now. Wade can suck it. I don't know that I even want that POS back next year.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2012   #248
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I think y'all are over reacting to this. If someone came to you at your job and gave you the promotion and position you have always dreamed about and worked damn hard for 40 years to earn, you would drop everything too.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #249
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I still think there's another candidate yet to be named. This is a young team that needs grooming, not a vet team ready to win. The Bucs need someone who can be there for the long haul.
Wade is a good hc. Why wouldn't you hire him over some unproven commodity? I think it's a no brained to hire wade.

Old 01-08-2012   #250
Kthx
All Pro

Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I think y'all are over reacting to this. If someone came to you at your job and gave you the promotion and position you have always dreamed about and worked damn hard for 40 years to earn, you would drop everything too.
There comes a point in everyones life where you don't though. If I got offered a job out of town to make a little bit more money and I already had plenty I wouldn't put my family through the move to be honest. I just figured Houston was sorta that point in Wade's life I guess, it seemed fitting for him to coach here until he retired. But really the timing of all of this is why everyone is mad.
Old 01-08-2012   #251
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
There comes a point in everyones life where you don't though. If I got offered a job out of town to make a little bit more money and I already had plenty I wouldn't put my family through the move to be honest. I just figured Houston was sorta that point in Wade's life I guess, it seemed fitting for him to coach here until he retired. But really the timing of all of this is why everyone is mad.
It's not about the money, it's about being a Head Coach.

He is a damn good coach and a Head Coach with a winning record.

We could always fire Kubiak and give the Job to Wade.

Old 01-08-2012   #252
Kthx
All Pro

Just bad timing honestly.
Old 01-08-2012   #253
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Just bad timing honestly.
It is. No worse then the Pat's losing their OC to Penn State.

The NFL should review their rules on when you should be able to interview coach's.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it. I would love Wade to stay here but I figured this was going to be a one year gig if he completely turned around our defense.

I just hope we don't promote Dennison to DC after Wade leaves.

Old 01-08-2012   #254
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BS!! He's been a HC before so your comparison is irrelevent! He'll be sticking it to his hometown pure and simple!!

Maybe we need to get rid of them both!! ( Kubes and Wade!) Hometown boys who are screwing us over during the playoffs!! Kubes has been doing this crap since he landed in Houston. Bringing um in, giving um a chance, using the Texans as a training ground, and then BAM, sending them on their way!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #255
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is everyone getting so freaked out about this? Phillips is going to interview for the job. It will probably take a hour or so out of his day. He has a well-known resume, so it's not like he's some DC looking to get his 1st HC job and it's going to eat up a lot of time.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #256
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
BS!! He's been a HC before so your comparison is irrelevent! He'll be sticking it to his hometown pure and simple!!

Maybe we need to get rid of them both!! ( Kubes and Wade!) Hometown boys who are screwing us over during the playoffs!! Kubes has been doing this crap since he landed in Houston. Bringing um in, giving um a chance, using the Texans as a training ground, and then BAM, sending them on their way!!
He wants to be a H/C. He has said he wanted to be a H/C and should be a H/C. This shouldn't be surprising anyone.

Tampa shouldn't be asking during our playoff run though.

Old 01-08-2012   #257
jjjezebel
ˇAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Why is everyone getting so freaked out about this? Phillips is going to interview for the job. It will probably take a hour or so out of his day. He has a well-known resume, so it's not like he's some DC looking to get his 1st HC job and it's going to eat up a lot of time.
I'm not angry so much that he's interviewing. It's the timing. I worry about it being a distraction in the locker room, and causing unnecessary drama. I worry about it affecting the morale of the defense.

I'm irritated because it's making a lot of fans unhappy (including myself) at a time when we should be pumped. He should have waited until the season was over. If TB wants him bad enough they'd wait until the season is over for us, regardless of when.

It's a matter of principle, and his actions are lacking in that department -IMO of course.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #258
Doppelganger
None

Quote:

The NFL is a business. He could have easily been fiRed down the line, just as bum was. He wants to be a hc, not a dc, so I can't blame him. There is no loyalty on either side, so why should we expect any from either side. Ok, he is from houston...so what? I guarantee if the texans thought they could get a better dc they'd get rid of wade. Same thing here.

Old 01-08-2012   #259
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I am just irritated because for the first time kubes has had a legit dc. I am irritated because I am sure kubes will promote from within and the team will regress to a 7 win (or less) team next year.

Old 01-08-2012   #260
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Tampa Bay is his dream position, then I feel pretty bad for him. He has also already achieved that job he "worked damn hard for 40 years to earn" and has been a head coach numerous times. What he hasn't done is win a Super Bowl. It is a long shot but this year is his chance. He just proved that isn't what really matters to him. A Super Bowl is not his ultimate goal he has worked 40 years to achieve. Wade is an arrogant SOB.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read