Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default The Wade Phillips Thread - Status: Not a Candidate for Tampa

Quote:
“I guess people may have taken it the wrong way that I ought to be a head coach,” Phillips said. “I don’t believe that. I think I should be considered. If you look at my record, and you can look at all the people they’re talking about now, my record is better than most everyone they’re talking about – as a head coach, I’m talking about. If you want a winner, if you want experience, you know, I’d like to talk about it.

“But this is the best job I’ve had. It couldn’t be a better job than this right now, and if we keep going the way I think we’re going to go – and we’re going to be good for a long time, especially defensively, I think – so, you know, I’m not looking to go anywhere. I enjoyed being a head coach, I enjoyed the winning, and we’re winning here, so that’s important, too, but I think I could help anybody.”
http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/0...o-go-anywhere/
Old 01-05-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Phillips: "I'm not looking to go anywhere"

Sounds like he wants to be a head coach again to me.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #3
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9542 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like he wants to be the head coach of Texans.
Wants to be a Head coach and does not wanna leave Houston....lol
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by honored82 View Post
Sounds like he wants to be the head coach of Texans.
Wants to be a Head coach and does not wanna leave Houston....lol
Yeah...It actually does...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #5
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

When I first heard Wade had taken the job here as DC after being fired from his Dallas HC job, one thing came to mind.

He thinks Kubes will likely get fired soon and will be able to move up to the HC spot. You would have to be a fool to not think that talk didn't come up while McNair was interviewing Wade for the DC job.

Little did he know, by helping improve our defense, he has secured Kubes future here for at least another year.
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"...and we’re going to be good for a long time, especially defensively, I think..."
I know Wade did not mean it this way, but yeah, it does sound like he'd like Gary's job. I thought the above quote was just funny in a devious-in-my-mind sort of way.

I hope we see a Gary/Wade coached team for at least another 3-4 years based on this season. Keep adding players and experience, and anything can happen.
Old 01-05-2012   #7
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I know Wade did not mean it this way, but yeah, it does sound like he'd like Gary's job. I thought the above quote was just funny in a devious-in-my-mind sort of way.

I hope we see a Gary/Wade coached team for at least another 3-4 years based on this season. Keep adding players and experience, and anything can happen.
+1 Definitely the way I feel.
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2012   #8
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysol View Post
When I first heard Wade had taken the job here as DC after being fired from his Dallas HC job, one thing came to mind.

He thinks Kubes will likely get fired soon and will be able to move up to the HC spot. You would have to be a fool to not think that talk didn't come up while McNair was interviewing Wade for the DC job.

Little did he know, by helping improve our defense, he has secured Kubes future here for at least another year.
Oh, I bet Kubes gets more than one year.

Can't have a Kubes without a Wade. I hope Wade will give it at least another year to get a SB ring and I think they can do it with both coaches at the head and some healthy players.

Phillip's calming influence has really helped Kubes this year well, the whole team actually but you can tell the difference in the play calling, time management - all sorts of ways. When Wade was gone, Kubiak reverted to his old ways faster than you could say gall bladder. The bottom line is that we need Wade.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #9
kingh99

Two guys running a business with a third guy working the banks and connections as silent partner. you see it work all the time as long as they respect one another and tolerate one another's idiosyncrasies. Wade can run operations for a few years while Gary runs sales. Bob is the silent partner.

If the two operating partners don't produce the bottom line results, switch positions and reload. That would be so cool. McNair is a pretty good businessman. He understands corner office bullies don't survive. Low key hard workers always have a job.
Old 01-05-2012   #10
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

I would be curious to know when this interview was done. It seems to me the media is trying to sabotage us bringing this crap up now. Trying to make it sound like he is concentrating more on becoming a head coach than on winning this year.

Why else would they be bringing this up now?

Bad timing... really bad timing.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank tebow he is not going anywhere:

Got this from SI.com
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #12
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Thank tebow he is not going anywhere:

Got this from SI.com
What, pray tell, is the Hog Index? First I've heard of that one.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #13
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
What, pray tell, is the Hog Index? First I've heard of that one.
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...Hog_Index.html

Quote:
ABOUT THE DEFENSIVE HOG INDEX

The Defensive Hog Index is our effort to quantify which team has the best defensive front in football. It's proven a huge indicator of success since we introduced it during the 2007 season: teams that are better in the DHI are 25-8 in the playoffs over that time, and the No. 1 team in DHI has won the Super Bowl twice (2007 Giants and 2008 Steelers).

This isn't rocket science, folks. The Defensive Hog Index simply looks at at each team in three major, easy-to-understand categories and ranks them by average in these categories.

The top defensive front is that which posts the highest average rating across the board. The Defensive Hog Index is based upon these criteria:

YPA – Yards Per Attempt. So simple, even you can understand it. This rates a defense's ability to stuff an opposing ground game.

NPP% – Negative Pass Plays, expressed as a percentage. This is how often an opponent's pass plays end in either a sack or interception. Defenses that get after the quarterback and overwhelm the opposing offensive line naturally force sacks and INTs. These negative pass plays are calculated as a percentage of attempts. So if a team foces two sacks and two INTs in 40 pass plays, their NPP% will be 10 percent (4/40).

3down% - Opposition success rate on third down. The lower the percentage, the higher the defensive success
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This (the bolded) ^^^^^ I'm reminded of something Bill Worrell says a lot: "If the right hand don't get you, the left one will!"
Old 01-05-2012   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW, while Wade might entertain another HC job, I think it speaks volumes that "Daddy" aka O.A."Bum" Phillips will be leading the Texans on the field Saturday!
Old 01-05-2012   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
Oh, I bet Kubes gets more than one year.

Can't have a Kubes without a Wade. I hope Wade will give it at least another year to get a SB ring and I think they can do it with both coaches at the head and some healthy players.

Phillip's calming influence has really helped Kubes this year well, the whole team actually but you can tell the difference in the play calling, time management - all sorts of ways. When Wade was gone, Kubiak reverted to his old ways faster than you could say gall bladder. The bottom line is that we need Wade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BTW, while Wade might entertain another HC job, I think it speaks volumes that "Daddy" aka O.A."Bum" Phillips will be leading the Texans on the field Saturday!
Team Wary (heh, not as negative as it once was, huh?) will stay here and win a Super Bowl then let Bum hoist this --> during the victory parade down Kirby.

....hey, it's my fantasy. leave me alone.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Any bets on what kind of raise Wade receives if he remains here?
Old 01-05-2012   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Solution? Make Wade the highest paid D coordinator. I would love to have Wade as a Jim Johnson the rest of his years in the league here in Houston.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #19
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's already the highest paid defensive coordinator.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade deserves another shot as an NFL head coach. He won't get one. That has more to do with the NFL mindset than Wade's abilities.

Wade is the head coach of the Texan defense just like Kubiak is the head coach of the offense. In this age of specialization, what the Texans need now is a head coach of clock management. All bases would be covered.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read