Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-08-2012   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I never thought I'd see the day . .

. . . when I would see any reason whatsoever to root for the Steelers to win a football game.

But along comes this . . . this . . . this "Tebowmania" bull****.

And I mean
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #2
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I never thought I'd see the day . .

I totally agree I have hated the Steelers all my life, but the thought of Tebow beating them and all the media hype that would creats makes me want to puke.

The best option would be Tebow to knocked out early then Brady Quinn beat the Steelers then I would be ok.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I totally agree I have hated the Steelers all my life, but the thought of Tebow beating them and all the media hype that would creats makes me want to puke.

The best option would be Tebow to knocked out early then Brady Quinn beat the Steelers then I would be ok.
But.... but... Tebow willed him to win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #4
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I will root for the winner of today's game to beat New England. If that's Pittsburgh, so be it. That gives the Texans a shot at the AFC title game at Reliant if they beat Baltimore.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'm pulling for Pittsburgh because the Broncos have no chance in hell to beat the Pats in Foxboro and i'd like another home game if we can get past the Ravens.
Old 01-08-2012   #6
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah Patriots would just get a free win out at home and give them an easy path to SB.
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #7
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

PATS should, they have yet to beat team over .500 this year, so why stop now...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2012   #8
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I'm pulling for Pittsburgh because the Broncos have no chance in hell to beat the Pats in Foxboro and i'd like another home game if we can get past the Ravens.
I'm thinking the same thing. Pitt already beat the Pats this year, and they have a better chance of beating them again than Denver does. I would love to see a AFC championship game in Houston with Pittsburgh. Can you imagine all the old ghost that would stir up????
Old 01-08-2012   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, The Tebows just gave New England a "second round bye" so most likely the road to the Super Bowl goes through Foxborough.
Old 01-08-2012   #10
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully the Pats enjoy the same bye that the Steelers got. BYE BYE!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Hopefully the Pats enjoy the same bye that the Steelers got. BYE BYE!

The Pats aren't the Steelers with their walking wounded everywhere. The Patriots are going to destroy Denver and then wait for Baltimore to show up. Hopefully we can do something about that.

I have no doubt though that the winning team on January 15th will be making reservations to fly to Boston.
Old 01-08-2012   #12
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The Pats aren't the Steelers with their walking wounded everywhere. The Patriots are going to destroy Denver and then wait for Baltimore to show up. Hopefully we can do something about that.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tebowmania pulls out a victory in Foxboro. Denver was dominating the game up until they fumbled two possessions in a row and lost all momentum.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Well, The Tebows just gave New England a "second round bye" so most likely the road to the Super Bowl goes through Foxborough.
Pittsburgh was ready to roll over for whoever they played in the playoffs. If they got through Denver they would have been steamrolled at home.

Their offense was pitiful and their defense looked tired and old
Old 01-09-2012   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Stuck at home today watching ESPN Take and have not heard the Texans mentioned even one time. It's been about the Broncos and Tebow for the entire show.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Stuck at home today watching ESPN Take and have not heard the Texans mentioned even one time. It's been about the Broncos and Tebow for the entire show.
I figured this would happen.

I'm fine with this team flying under the radar. In fact I hope that it makes the team even hungrier to beat Baltimore that Tebow Mania is getting front cover treatment.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
. . . when I would see any reason whatsoever to root for the Steelers to win a football game.

But along comes this . . . this . . . this "Tebowmania" bull****.

And I mean
THANK YOU!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #17
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 833 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

cool thread
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

WARNING:

Don't read the following if you don't want your appetite spoiled.

How's this scenario sound?

Texans beat the Ravens.
Broncos beat the Patriots.

And in the AFC Championship game at Reliant, Tim Tebow throws a TD pass in OT, and Denver goes to the Super Bowl.

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
WARNING:

Don't read the following if you don't want your appetite spoiled.

How's this scenario sound?

Texans beat the Ravens.
Broncos beat the Patriots.

And in the AFC Championship game at Reliant, Tim Tebow throws a TD pass in OT, and Denver goes to the Super Bowl.

hmmmmm, on the one hand, Texans in AFC Championship game sounds great!

Obviously, the ending not so much.

How about this: which would you prefer?

Ravens beat Texans this weekend...

...or....

AFC Championship game at Reliant, Tim Tebow throws a TD pass in OT, and Denver goes to the Super Bowl.

Old 01-09-2012   #20
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's pathetic how people let the media control them and their feelings.

You hate the Broncos and Tebow because the media is cashing in on people loving or hating the guy or the team. Pretty funny. If people stopped talking about it, the media would too. But theyre not, you know why? Because like it or not, the team and the player ARE compelling-as-**** stories.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read