Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2012   #21
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Give credit where credit is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The Bengals had 6 offensive drives in the first half.
KJ played the first and last two (total of 4 series).
Allen played the middle two series.

The Bengals had 5 offensive drives in the second half.
KJ played the first 2 and the last one.
Allen played the middle two, similar to the first half.

On 3rd and short, when an opponent put in a run formation, JJo usually is the only CB on the field (we would play with 3 linemen, 5 LBs, JJo and the 3 safeties.)

Overall, KJ played about 6 or 7 more snaps than Allen.

They both played pretty well.
The only iffy play was when Dalton missed a wide open receiver down the right side line.
I'm not 100% sure of the coverage, but I think I would agree with Mayock that Allen got beat on that play.
Even if he was supposed to trail, he was too far away from the receiver.

2-19-CIN 37 (14:22) (Shotgun) A.Dalton pass incomplete deep right to J.Simpson.

That could have been a 40-yd pass or longer.
Without Demps, it would probably end up as a 63-yd TD pass.

BTW, I'm curious as how you guys see the PI by Quin.
JJo was on AJ Green.

This is a play that KJ was blamed for at least 5 times last year.
Thanks for the snap count details. Looks like KJ played more than Allen.

The video of the play on nfl.com isn't that great, doesn't show much. Hard to tell what kind of coverage Texans were in, but it seems like Jojo let Green simply go. Not sure if he bit hard on the play action, or if that's what he's supposed to do in that particular coverage.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #22
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

from 620 it looked like allen was getting abused, but i wont see the dvr until atleast tomorrow.

a shoutout i have to give is to earl mitchell, he seemed to be all over key situations ... batted passes, tackles, hurries, a sack. he was the most popular guy over the PA.
Old 01-09-2012   #23
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Props to Slim Thug, Paul Wall, and Z-Ro for a fight song that trumps that
lame-ass one by Clay Walker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIzPS4c6RG4
Not that I'm a fan of clay walker or anything but that song you are talking about sucks balls. I would rather listen to two alley cats getting it on.
Old 01-09-2012   #24
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

drunk edit.

Last edited by Scooter; 01-09-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts4texans View Post
Turk used to be hands down my favorite Texans player. Always wanted a Turk jersey. Is he retiring after this season?
Why would Turk retire?? He's only 57 years old.
Old 01-09-2012   #26
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
T

On 3rd and short, when an opponent put in a run formation, JJo usually is the only CB on the field (we would play with 3 linemen, 5 LBs, JJo and the 3 safeties.)

No wonder we were so good on 3rd down, we had 12 damn people on the field.

Haha, I know what you mean, just had to recount that to see if it was right. The dreaded 3-5-4

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read