Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-02-2005   #1
cadahnic
All Pro

Default Regular Season Matchups you would like to see?

I was thinking about this last night. Why doesn't the NFL let the Texans and Cowgirls play a regular season game when it matters. Bottomline between our two teams we have one of the largest fan bases if not the largest in all of football. I think a Monday nighter or Sunday Primetime would be huge for the NFL. It harkens back to the Hatred we have for DALLAS when we had that old team. It gives us a chance to beat that *** in a game that really matters. I desperately want this game to take place. I will be in a luxury box drunk talkin **** to Cowgirls when it does.

What other Matchups would you all like to see?
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston and Dallas are in different Conferences. The NFL will not bend the scheduling rules to accomodate this game. We will see the Cowgirls next season in Irving.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #3
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Houston and Dallas are in different Conferences. The NFL will not bend the scheduling rules to accomodate this game. We will see the Cowgirls next season in Irving.
There are several monday night and regular season games were NFC and AFC play each other the first one that comes to mind is St. Louis vs. Indy, which is a Monday nighter. I dont understand your agument Gwalia
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

This year, we will play 4 games against teams in the NFC. We host St. Louis and Arizona and travel to San Francisco and Seattle. Next season the Texans will play the NFC East which includes Dallas, NY Giants, Philadelphia and Washington.

Here is a list of the Texan's NFC schedule to date.

2002: NFC EAST
2003: NFC SOUTH
2004: NFC NORTH
2005: NFC WEST
2006: NFC EAST
2007: NFC SOUTH

and so on and so on.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I have a feeling that the Dallas-Houston game will be our first Monday nighter.
Old 05-02-2005   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
There are several monday night and regular season games were NFC and AFC play each other the first one that comes to mind is St. Louis vs. Indy, which is a Monday nighter. I dont understand your agument Gwalia
When the league re-aligned in 2002, they looked at including rivalry games on the schedule so that teams like Houston-Dallas, Philadelphia-Pittsburgh, and other rivalries between teams from the two conferences could be played every year. They concluded, however, that it wasn't a fair scheduling format for teams within a division. There were also teams that didn't have a natural rival in the opposite conference. It created complications.

Lets look at Jacksonville and Houston. Right now we play 12 of the same opponents as them, plus one another. The two remaining games are determined by how they finished last season within the AFC South. Jacksonville finished 2nd and Houston finished 3rd. As a result of that Jacksonville plays the 2nd best team (from last year) in the AFC West and AFC East (all 4 teams in the AFC North automatically play all 4 teams in the AFC South this year). Houston plays the 3rd best team in the AFC West and the AFC East this season. This is a fair schedule IMO.

Now lets say that instead of those two AFC record based opponents they had Jacksonville play Miami and Tampa Bay every year, and Houston play Dallas and New Orleans every year to keep rivalries alive. This creates a situation where Houston plays 10 AFC games and 6 NFC games most seasons (not sure what they would do if Dallas or New Orleans would have been on the schedule anyways), and Jacksonville plays 11 AFC games and 5 NFC games most seasons. This isn't an equitable schedule in terms of tiebreakers.

That is why they decided not to do it.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #7
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
Good chance of that happening next season if we finish 8-8 or better.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2005   #8
HoustonHarley
Rookie

May I be the first to say that I will be there no matter what day it is on. We better have a huge Texans showing for that game. I am already fired up about our preseason game there. I really can't wait for the real game when we take the lead 2-0.
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #9
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63

I am feeling the Turkey day game......
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #10
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I would want to see the Bucs come to town for a real game! If they do I could wear my Davis jersey and go out and buy a Johnson, Clayton, and Caddy(I was wrong bout BMW, Caddy was the smart pick) and then I'll write down on a poster "Hey Madden Circle me! These guys are future HOFs!!!!!!"
Old 05-03-2005   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
I would want to see the Bucs come to town for a real game!
*wave my magic wand*

Your wish is my command. In 2007, the Bucs are coming here for a regular season game. They won't be back during the regular season until 2015 though.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #12
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see us play GB again during the Favre era AT Lambeau. But...being it will be 2008, I will keep dreamin'.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #13
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Contrary to what some of you think I do not believe we want to play Dallas right now. They had a good draft and Parcells is no slouch when you have a must game. Jerry would make that perfectly clear after the last embarrasement. We have some good players and they have some, but I would have to say they have the better coaching staff at this point in time. We need a year for our youth to jell. In that infamous game Dallas was flat out out coached. I watched Campo in the preseason ESP stuff and I said he was gone and he was. Parcells is not the same kind of coach and they have more talent than then. Am I a Dalls fan, NO! I'm just saying becareful of not underrating your opponent. That can be a very unhealthy thing.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read