Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2012   #21
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I hate ohio

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOO ugly!

Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #22
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
It happens bro. I've been a Yankees fan since Donnie Baseball played, that would be Don Mattingly for the laymen, and was a huge Michael Jordan fan after the Celtics game in 1986 (Because my grandmother liked the Celtics)...

Let the state of Ohio wallow in their misery...They haven't won anything since Ohio State stole the National Championship from The U in 2002
I can relate in regards to Mattingly. I grew up here and was an Astros fan, but the only individual player I cared about was Mattingly. Once he was gone I no longer cared about the Yankees, but I still get a lot of flak when I tell people who my favorite player was or that his autograph on my baseball is my favorite. That includes the ones I got when I met Stan Musial, Harmon Killebrew, and Rod Carew. I know, I'm crazy that way.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I would temper my "I hate Ohio" because they're are a couple of very good Texans fans that hail from Ohio!!! *ahem* Yankee in Texas and also Adam!! These are Blue Crew members through and through!!!

While on the one hand I got pummeled with ice cubes in the back of the head at the game there at Paul Brown Stadium, my host treated us very awesome (yes, terrible grammar), in addition we were row ONE and he paid for our hotel rooms (thankfully in Covington KY and not that Nati). We woke up early Sunday morning and he picked us up, took us to his house where we had a fantastic breakfast w/ Mimosas... & would not let us spend a dime in his sports bar...

SHOUT OUT TO BRADLEY and his G/F!!!!!

Bottom line, they're are some good folks there.
Old 01-09-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts4texans View Post
I'm getting so much crap here. just because I walk around everywhere wearing my texans gear, and i'm in ohio, everyone just assumes i'm a front runner and only like them because they're in the playoffs. i've been the only texans fan in this area for YEARS.

ticks me offf. well houston, i'l see you in a few years lol.
Funny no one assumes I'm a newcomer to this party. Probably because I've been wearing the same gear for years (literally the same smelly gear) win or lose. Never ashamed, never embarrassed & quick to stand up for my team.

Now, if you've just got to Ohio & they don't know you yet, that's a different story & I wouldn't let that crap bother you.

If you were too embarrassed to wear your Texans' gear, well that's what you get..... live & learn.

Old 01-09-2012   #25
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like you had an awesome time there Bill. Still don't like Ohio though. Uuugggllyyy.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #26
D1DAVE
Football=life

Rep Power: 92 D1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok this is a good one for sure! I was raised a Browns fan in good old Canton, Ohio. Still am one for sure. I moved here in 1979. When the Browns moved and Bud took NFL football out of this town I was floored. When the Texans came into the league I gave them a shot. Loved the stadium, ownership and tailgating. When Cleveland came to town this year there were more Browns jerseys in my tailgate spot than Texans jerseys. I wore Texans gear. I love them as much as the Browns.Ok maybe more. So wear your gear dude. There is a reason I left Ohio. Great state to grow up in. And the amount of Steelers fans there now is disgusting to say the least. Turncoats one and all!!!!! Go Texans!!!!
D1DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #27
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I would temper my "I hate Ohio" because they're are a couple of very good Texans fans that hail from Ohio!!! *ahem* Yankee in Texas and also Adam!! These are Blue Crew members through and through!!!

While on the one hand I got pummeled with ice cubes in the back of the head at the game there at Paul Brown Stadium, my host treated us very awesome (yes, terrible grammar), in addition we were row ONE and he paid for our hotel rooms (thankfully in Covington KY and not that Nati). We woke up early Sunday morning and he picked us up, took us to his house where we had a fantastic breakfast w/ Mimosas... & would not let us spend a dime in his sports bar...

SHOUT OUT TO BRADLEY and his G/F!!!!!

Bottom line, they're are some good folks there.
But if he's from KY then that doesn't count. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2012   #28
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOO ugly!

Yeah that's pretty ugly.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #29
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Its called selective photos. Drive through that state some time.
Old 01-10-2012   #30
bckey
Hall of Fame

If I was President and I had to pick a state to dump all the nuclear waste in Ohio would be it.
Old 01-10-2012   #31
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Its called selective photos. Drive through that state some time.
I don't need to drive through it, I lived there for 11 years. I have hiked dozens of trails through forests and hills, spent time in the Amish country, been apple picking at gorgeous orchards, and visited the major cities as recently as July. However if all you did was drive through it, then I can understand why you don't know anything about it. If someone judged Texas based on their journey down I-45 then it would be readily apparent to everyone how limited their view is and how foolish they sound.
Old 01-10-2012   #32
bckey
Hall of Fame

I could care less if you said Texas is ugly or anything else. People are way too sensitive nowadays. Who gives a rip.
Old 01-10-2012   #33
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I married a girl from Ohio... she lived there for 40yrs, and states today, that it was 40yrs of time wasted when she could have been in heaven. If Ohio was a body part, it'd be the armpit... not as bad as a rectum, but when the wind blows right, it can be just as smelly. And yes, because her family still lives there, we visit far too often. If you put Pasadena's chemical plants in the Texas Hill Country, minus sunshine 7 months out of the year, you'd have the Northeast portion of Ohio...

This message brought to you by the Ohio Travel Guide
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #34
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I married a girl from Ohio... she lived there for 40yrs, and states today, that it was 40yrs of time wasted when she could have been in heaven. If Ohio was a body part, it'd be the armpit... not as bad as a rectum, but when the wind blows right, it can be just as smelly. And yes, because her family still lives there, we visit far too often. If you put Pasadena's chemical plants in the Texas Hill Country, minus sunshine 7 months out of the year, you'd have the Northeast portion of Ohio...

This message brought to you by the Ohio Travel Guide
Are you sure? Boy, that doesn't sound good.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #35
Rozelle
Rookie

Rep Power: 599 Rozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow... rough crew

Rozelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #36
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 43499 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Look there are nice areas in ANY state, but the overall state is terrible. ESPECIALLY Toledo, that place sucked.
Old 01-10-2012   #37
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I have a theory about people from Ohio, that all of them are strange, I have never met anyone from there or PA that are not just not weird in some way. I am sure they have some normal folks, but have never met one...
Hey now, my wife was born in Ohio and lived the majority of her life outside of Pittsburgh (yes she's a Steelers fan) and the only weird thing she's done is marry this Redneck from Houston. But you know it seems to work since we just celebrated our 15th anniversary last week.

As for Ohio, I've been to some nice parts and I've been to some crapholes. I think it's about like anywhere.

As for getting crap, try being an Astros fan near Philly...especially the last couple of years when Wade traded all our best players for peanuts to the Phillies. Or try being a Texans/Oilers fan when neither team has EVER beaten the local team, the Eagles.

I get sooooooo much crap up here, but I finally got something-for some reason I don't see the "dream team" in the playoffs.
Old 01-10-2012   #38
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 43499 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Hey now, my wife was born in Ohio and lived the majority of her life outside of Pittsburgh (yes she's a Steelers fan) and the only weird thing she's done is marry this Redneck from Houston. But you know it seems to work since we just celebrated our 15th anniversary last week.

As for Ohio, I've been to some nice parts and I've been to some crapholes. I think it's about like anywhere.

As for getting crap, try being an Astros fan near Philly...especially the last couple of years when Wade traded all our best players for peanuts to the Phillies. Or try being a Texans/Oilers fan when neither team has EVER beaten the local team, the Eagles.

I get sooooooo much crap up here, but I finally got something-for some reason I don't see the "dream team" in the playoffs.
I feel ya brother, try being a Texan fan in Packer land, with the Bears also only being 45 minutes away.....everyone here thinks im weird lol
Old 01-10-2012   #39
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOO ugly!

Just STOP with the common sense and rational thinking.

Here we are trying to have a perfectly ridiculous conversation about how crappy Ohio is and you have to try to inject some sort of positivity.

Is positivity even a word?!!?

I hate you people so much.
Old 01-10-2012   #40
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts4texans View Post
yeah it's dumb. i mean i guess i DO love ohio to an extent just because i've lived here my whole life. but i love my football team more than anything lol. every time i go to bdubs it's always just me, the lone Texan. well, I make my girlfriend wear one of my jerseys when we go too
This begs the question, how did you become a Texans fan if you lived in Ohio your whole life?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read