Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-08-2012   #1
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Charles Barkley (Ye of little faith)

For those of you watching on TV like me... Did you catch the comments by Sir Charles on the halftime report?

I like Barkley and was surprised to hear him saying that the Bengals were a better team and were going to win after watching the first half. I respect the guy for saying it how he sees it, but I frankly do not know what he was seeing in the first half that made him so sure about the Bengals.

Harrison was adamant about his feelings that the Texans were better and going to win, and was clearly as shocked as I was at Sir Charles' comments.

Oh and I loved it that before the game on NFLN, Dungy changed his pick from Bengals to Texans after doggin' them days earlier.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Charles Barkley (Ye of little faith)

Why would I care about what Charles Barkley has to say about football?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #3
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ever since the dude left the rockets and retired, he has constantly been negative about Houston. So it really didn't surprise me.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #4
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 347 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

**** Chuck. Didn't like him in '94, don't like him now.
macho grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #5
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
For those of you watching on TV like me... Did you catch the comments by Sir Charles on the halftime report?

I like Barkley and was surprised to hear him saying that the Bengals were a better team and were going to win after watching the first half. I respect the guy for saying it how he sees it, but I frankly do not know what he was seeing in the first half that made him so sure about the Bengals.

Harrison was adamant about his feelings that the Texans were better and going to win, and was clearly as shocked as I was at Sir Charles' comments.

Oh and I loved it that before the game on NFLN, Dungy changed his pick from Bengals to Texans after doggin' them days earlier.
Barkley has had nothing but hatred for Houston since we "cheated him out of money.". Listening to him hate on the Rockets gets old, but hating on the Texans doesn't make any sense. Guess he has an axe to grind against Houston in general.
Old 01-08-2012   #6
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 40321 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I didn't care for his prediction in the NO/DET game, either
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Loved Rodney Harrison calling him out after the game and telling him that he owed Houston an apology. You could tell Charles Barkley wasn't liking it.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2012   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would I care what Charles Barkley has to say about anything?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude is still bitter from the "kiss of death".
Old 01-08-2012   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Why would I care about what Charles Barkley has to say about football?
Or anything else. The guy is so last decade and bleeds money like a fool.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #11
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

hes a damn ex basketball player, why in the hell is he on the NFL pre game show ? thats like an atheist trying to give a sermin on sunday morning at church.
Old 01-08-2012   #12
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly thought the bengals had a pretty good first half. They moved the ball a little better than we did and probably felt that they should of been in the lead. He is not really a football guy and I can see how he felt they looked better. We turned it up in the second half and were clearly the better team but just looking at the first half I have no problem with what he said.
Old 01-08-2012   #13
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

its funny if u watched the post game, one of the guys told charles that you dont know anything about football so stick to basketball and we will do the football cause thats what we do. haha
Old 01-08-2012   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

F the dude. He has a hard-on for for Houston. He loves to hate on us, and I like returning the favor.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #15
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Barkley would have been chased out of his high-profile and high-comp media career years ago if he was a white guy making the same kind of social/racial remarks/commentary he has over the years. And on the subject of his race, I always thought he was incredibly selfish and arrogant for denying any responsibility for being a role model for young African-American men and boys who would have given anything to be in his (Barkleys) position and have the opportunities in life that he had thru nothing much more than pure luck. The guy is a first-class jerk and totally ungrateful, probably even unaware how he's
just really incredibly fortunate.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, I didn't care that Barkley said that. I was more bothered by Dungy's comments.
Old 01-08-2012   #17
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Pregame he said...."I'm not going to pretend I know enough about the first 2 teams to tell you one way or the other." Then he went on to say that if he had to pick, he would take the bungholes. He stated they have more "weapons" on offense...lol.

I knew then and there that we would win. You can mostly go opposite of Barkley's pick to find the winner in NFL or NBA.

During halftime, Barkley stuck to his guns, but he seemed less sure about.

I didn't get offended by Barkley, I think he's a funny guy - just a bit on the crazy side/"special".
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #18
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Charles is just an on air personality that happened to be in their studios doing SNL and dropped in to show his face and plug SNL last night. He just proved that football is another subject that he doesn't know anything about like golf and gambling, and a lot of others thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read