Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-08-2012   #21
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big Players make Big Plays in Big Games

The big plays were great.

But to me it was the play after play intensity of Antonio Smith that set the tone.
Old 01-08-2012   #22
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ W.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #23
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a text exchange with a buddy of mine earlier this week. He was predicting a low-scoring, defensive slugfest in which the Texans would prevail 13-10. I generally agreed, but told him I was surprised that few analysts were considering the sizable homefield advantage. I wrote this just a day before kickoff:

"As awesome as the defense has been, we haven't had a defensive TD all year. They will be feeding off the crowd, and that is one angle few analysts are picking up on. Again...EIGHTEEN YEARS. The crowd noise is going to outdo the Saints."

GOD BLESS YOU JJ WATT!!!!!
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #24
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

But to me it was the play after play intensity of Antonio Smith that set the tone.
He's a ninja, though, and ninjas need to play smarter. That penalty was dumb.
Old 01-08-2012   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
u dont mean the one where it was 4th down and we woulda been on their 40 instead of our 30 had he just knocked it down ?
No. He was talking about JJ Watt's bogus unnecessary roughness penalties against the Colts.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #26
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ and Arian split my award this week.

Honorable mention to Brisiel for gutting it out.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
He's a ninja, though, and ninjas need to play smarter. That penalty was dumb.
I haven't seen a replay of this. Wasn't Antonio just diving into the pile trying to recover the loose ball? If so, that was a bogus penalty. Anyone see a replay on this?
Old 01-08-2012   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I haven't seen a replay of this. Wasn't Antonio just diving into the pile trying to recover the loose ball? If so, that was a bogus penalty. Anyone see a replay on this?
I never saw what he did. The guy jumping in and going for the ball was Barwin, iirc. I haven't run that play back to see if I can find out what Antonio did.
Old 01-08-2012   #29
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

I watched that play again three times shortly after the flag was thrown and, despite the bad camera angle, you can see Antonio spearing either Lee or a Bengal lineman on the ground because he thought there was a scrum for the football. Unfortunately, the refs had clearly blown the whistle and there was no fumble at all. I don't know what he was doing but it wasn't smart football.
Old 01-08-2012   #30
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I watched that play again three times shortly after the flag was thrown and, despite the bad camera angle, you can see Antonio spearing either Lee or a Bengal lineman on the ground because he thought there was a scrum for the football. Unfortunately, the refs had clearly blown the whistle and there was no fumble at all. I don't know what he was doing but it wasn't smart football.
I realize that the Bengal was down by contact. But, there was a loose ball, and the refs generally let contact after the whistle go in instances of loose balls. Without the benefit of replay, I thought the call was weak.

Having said that, Smith has lost his poise at times this year. At Baltimore comes to mind. He does need to keep his composure in this game, because the Ravens will try to exploit that. But, Smith's intensity has been infectious throughout the season and is a big reason the Texans are in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Old 01-08-2012   #31
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

the look of "this game is over"
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #32
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

With the hands JJ showed yesterday I wonder if our WR2 problem might not be solved.....

What's that boys 40 time? Does he feel up to playing a few snaps on offense every now and then?

Maybe he could be our part time Gronkowski?
Old 01-08-2012   #33
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
With the hands JJ showed yesterday I wonder if our WR2 problem might not be solved.....

What's that boys 40 time? Does he feel up to playing a few snaps on offense every now and then?

Maybe he could be our part time Gronkowski?
keep the "O" coming

Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #34
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I tell you, I keep watching that interception and I'm about halfway convinced that Watt used the force on that.

JJ Watt: Jedi Knight.
Old 01-08-2012   #35
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

This!^^^

Watt made the big game changing play, but Smith was unblockable the whole game. His shoulder must be better, he's looked awesome the past two games.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #36
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have to say, the offense as a whole playing almost mistake free football with few penalties.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #37
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
Looks like a play Haloti Ngata would have made. Yep. The Texans got
ourselves a steal.
Old 01-08-2012   #38
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
This!^^^

Watt made the big game changing play, but Smith was unblockable the whole game. His shoulder must be better, he's looked awesome the past two games.
You know... when we signed Antonio, after his SB run with the Cardinals, the knock on him was that he played so much better in the playoffs than he did during the regular season.

So, I'm wondering if we're seeing the Ninja in his element: in the playoffs, stepping up.
Old 01-08-2012   #39
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I tell you, I keep watching that interception and I'm about halfway convinced that Watt used the force on that.

JJ Watt: Jedi Knight.
Please... leave the Star Wars gimmicks at bay. The last time you dubbed a player, he busted badly.

Amobi-wan was it?

Old 01-08-2012   #40
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I would have to say, the offense as a whole playing almost mistake free football with few penalties.
We made plenty of mistakes starting with Arian's fumble. The Bengals simply did not capitalize. The Ravens defense will not fail there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read