Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2012   #41
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Predict the Score HOU vs. BAL 1/15/12

Homer pick: Texans 20 Ravens 17

More realistic pick: Ravens 17 Texans 13
Old 01-09-2012   #42
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Its early, but....

Ravens: 23
Texans: 17
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #43
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Nice post. I imagine this game will turn on whichever D makes the big plays and which O gets its ground game going. As we saw in the Bungles rematch, holding Foster down twice can be a tough thing to do. If our running game gets going, it will be an interesting game. I also wonder how Yates will handle the Baltimore passrush. He's quite a bit more athletic than Schaub when scrambling.
Hopefully, our D will be a bit better against the pass than the last time we played. We forced Flacco to throw and he did-pretty well for the most part.
I think it is going to come down to big plays by the defense, too. Now, whether that is a big play(s) by the Ravens defense due to Yates buckling to the crowd noise and Baltimore's pass rush, or by the Texans capitalizing on rookie miscues by Torrey Smith and them shutting down Ray Rice remains to be seen.

I think it is going to be a good game no matter what!
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #44
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 56179 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

20-13 Texans
Old 01-09-2012   #45
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets not forget last time these teams played it was a 2 point game going into the 4th quarter, (Before Ray Rice went off on a tired defense). And the texans even had a small lead in the 3rd quarter.

With AJ back, it is going to be closer than most people think
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #46
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Rackers win it with a field goal.....upset baby.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #47
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
Rackers win it with a field goal.....upset baby.....
I REALLY hope it doesn't come down to a Rackers FG. The dude has made me have doubts about him lately.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2012   #48
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 26739 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
I think the game will be relatively close, but the Ravens are 8-0 at M&T Bank this year and I expect that to continue.
How does that happen? Both teams get disqualified? Stadium collapses? Either way, it's a very bold prediction.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #49
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
How does that happen? Both teams get disqualified? Stadium collapses? Either way, it's a very bold prediction.
Have to admit, I had to read that twice to get just what in the hell you were talking about...and when i did, i L'dMAO... No joke, a drum load of ass on the floor right now...smartass...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I just rewatched our game against Baltimore earlier in the year. It was a pretty good game & we were very much into it until late in the 4th qtr.

We had a hell of a time stopping Ray Rice from running the ball (when it mattered) & stopping Anquan Boldin from catching the ball. Boldin had a career day against Jjo..... 132 yards or something on 8 catches. Not all on Jjo, but most.

We were able to run the ball well at times, need to improve our consistency there.

Honestly, I know we are a running team, I know we have a rookie 5th round draft pick as a QB & we have one of the best OL/running games in the league; but I would script about 10 pass plays in the first 15 & look to go pass heavy in this game.

Andre didn't play, & they had no answer for Jacoby Jones. If you've got those two on the field with Dressen or OD & Foster & Casey in the backfield, the Ravens won't be able to hang.

We can throw out a bunch of safe routes, crosses, come backs, etc...

If we can open a big lead on the Ravens through the passing game, we can make them one dimensional... if the game is in Flacco's hands, I like our chances.
Old 01-09-2012   #51
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Torrey Smith is a match-up nightmare for us.

HOU 20
BAL 27
Old 01-09-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
We won't win this game is a shoot out, we have to shut their offense down which means forcing Flacco to throw. If we can manage that...

Houston 16
Baltimore 13
I think the Ravens may be the one team we can win a shoot-out against. I think our chances are better if we're playing Flacco than if we're playing Ray Rice.

Ray Rice means they'll out "Texans" us. Ball control, steady scoring, good defense. If we can get a lead, early, force Flacco to take over, they are more apt to make mistakes.
Old 01-09-2012   #53
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to be honest.

Houston 13

Baltimore 31

I think Baltimore is a city TJ Yates won't want to see again for a very long time and 14 of those Baltimore points are off of picks. 1 is a pick-6.

I hope I'm wrong and I'll say this now: we beat the Ravens in Baltimore and we are going to the Superbowl. We get over that hurdle, and we will demolish whoever in the AFC championship. But I don't see how we get outta Baltimore with a win. Might take Foster for 200+ (against the freaking Ravens) and an unbelievable game and some Wade Phillips magic. I don't think Yates has ever seen pressure like Baltimore will bring next Sunday.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #54
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

21-9 Texans
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #55
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 26739 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Have to admit, I had to read that twice to get just what in the hell you were talking about...and when i did, i L'dMAO... No joke, a drum load of ass on the floor right now...smartass...
Glad someone got it :-)
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #56
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

37-30 Houston
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #57
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I have to be honest.

Houston 13

Baltimore 31

I think Baltimore is a city TJ Yates won't want to see again for a very long time and 14 of those Baltimore points are off of picks. 1 is a pick-6.

I hope I'm wrong and I'll say this now: we beat the Ravens in Baltimore and we are going to the Superbowl. We get over that hurdle, and we will demolish whoever in the AFC championship. But I don't see how we get outta Baltimore with a win. Might take Foster for 200+ (against the freaking Ravens) and an unbelievable game and some Wade Phillips magic. I don't think Yates has ever seen pressure like Baltimore will bring next Sunday.
It is highly unlikely that we would beat the Patriots on the road.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Prediction?....................................... .PAIN!!!! (Although I'm not willing to predict who will feel it).

Prediction?....................................... .Too much to not enough.

Old 01-09-2012   #59
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Texans 27-24
Old 01-09-2012   #60
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Prediction?....................................... .PAIN!!!! (Although I'm not willing to predict who will feel it).

Prediction?....................................... .Too much to not enough.

That was just your life. LOL
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read