Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-08-2012   #21
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the Score HOU vs. BAL 1/15/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I'm predicting 1/16/12.

And that's BIG. If they play on Saturday, I won't be able to watch it.
But if they play on Sunday, I can.

Go Texans.
We play on Sunday at 1pm on CBS. It's going to be hard for me to see this one. I would have been fine with the late game, but I'm going to have to do some negotiating.

I think we win the game against Baltimore, and I think it will be low scoring. The first one was low until they scored 2 gimmies in the final 7 minutes on short fields. I see no reason this one won't follow suit.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #22
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Yea, most Texans know the challenge that awaits... This is where Schaub and homefield would have been nice. But oh well, we got a win... And anything can happen after the whistle blows.

16-13 Texans in a shocker!
I do not know how loud Reliant Stadium really is, but the old Memorial Stadium (home of the Baltimore Colts) used to be titled "The World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum", and I can tell you from experience that M&T Bank is probably just as loud, if not louder (Memorial was an open horseshoe).

Home field advantage is a huge plus for the Ravens. 8-0 this year bears that out. Hopefully (for us Ravens fans, that is), it will be too much for Yates and Co.

But...just as the Steelers defense (while still rated #1 for 2011) has not been like the Pittsburgh D of old, the Ravens defense (#3 overall) has not been that hugely dominant Baltimore defense, either. They are #2 against the run, yet have given up several 100-yard games to RB's. And while #4 against the pass, they got torched by Rivers and the Bolts late in the season. So while (stat-wise) Houston's and Baltimore's defense is close (Texans are #2 overall, #4 against the rush and #3 against the pass), I am not going to say that RB's are afraid to play us, such as in our SB year when Eddie George got laid out by Ray Lewis and did not want to play the rest of the game.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #23
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

16-13 Texans.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #24
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Same as the last meeting...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #25
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens 24
Texans 17

Tough end to a great year!
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #26
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

30 - 21 in favor of the Texans baby it's time for revenge.
Old 01-08-2012   #27
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Shut up Doc. Just stut up. Who can predict and who the F cares right now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I predict the Texans ........................play next week.

I'm the only real person here?
You are pretty rough on people around here sometimes, for posting their thoughts. I don't get it.
Old 01-08-2012   #28
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
First off....congrats on the Texans first-ever playoff win! You have all waited a long time for that! Ok, that's it for the niceities!

It is hard to predict scores at this stage of the game, but if I had to make a pick right now, I'd say Baltimore-24, Houston-17. I think the game will be relatively close, but the Ravens are 8-0 at M&T Bank this year and I expect that to continue. Baltimore's homefield advantage is huge.
Unfortunately... this! ^^^

If we were playing in Reliant, I could honestly give a slight nod to the Texans. Ravens have looked horrible on the road for some reason.

I actually think our best chance is if Kubiak surprises by going pass heavy for this game.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #29
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

We won't win this game is a shoot out, we have to shut their offense down which means forcing Flacco to throw. If we can manage that...

Houston 16
Baltimore 13
Old 01-08-2012   #30
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
I do not know how loud Reliant Stadium really is, but the old Memorial Stadium (home of the Baltimore Colts) used to be titled "The World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum", and I can tell you from experience that M&T Bank is probably just as loud, if not louder (Memorial was an open horseshoe).

Home field advantage is a huge plus for the Ravens. 8-0 this year bears that out. Hopefully (for us Ravens fans, that is), it will be too much for Yates and Co.

But...just as the Steelers defense (while still rated #1 for 2011) has not been like the Pittsburgh D of old, the Ravens defense (#3 overall) has not been that hugely dominant Baltimore defense, either. They are #2 against the run, yet have given up several 100-yard games to RB's. And while #4 against the pass, they got torched by Rivers and the Bolts late in the season. So while (stat-wise) Houston's and Baltimore's defense is close (Texans are #2 overall, #4 against the rush and #3 against the pass), I am not going to say that RB's are afraid to play us, such as in our SB year when Eddie George got laid out by Ray Lewis and did not want to play the rest of the game.
Nice post. I imagine this game will turn on whichever D makes the big plays and which O gets its ground game going. As we saw in the Bungles rematch, holding Foster down twice can be a tough thing to do. If our running game gets going, it will be an interesting game. I also wonder how Yates will handle the Baltimore passrush. He's quite a bit more athletic than Schaub when scrambling.
Hopefully, our D will be a bit better against the pass than the last time we played. We forced Flacco to throw and he did-pretty well for the most part.
Old 01-08-2012   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans relish underdog role Texans 23 Ravens 22

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #32
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Ok everybody's picking 16-13. Do you really think Rackers is going to make 3 FG's? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #33
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans win, it will have to be like the ravens/jags game.. I'm thinking 12-9 or so..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #34
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Ok everybody's picking 16-13. Do you really think Rackers is going to make 3 FG's? LOL
No... Rackers injures plant-foot on kickoff making a tackle... We go two for two on two pt conversions...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #35
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens come back looking sloppy after their bye week, Flacco gets picked twice and Brian Cushing punished Leach all game and we hold Rice for under 100 yards. You can hear a pin drop in the Ravens stadium in the 4th quarter.

Texans - 27
Ravens - 13
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You do realize Rackers is one of only a select group of kickers who hold the NFL record for three kicks over 50 yards in one game, right?
Old 01-09-2012   #37
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No..... He is going to miss an extra point.
Old 01-09-2012   #38
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict a win that's a bit closer than I hoped for but I'll go with Da Texans 172 the Ravens 3 .

Arian Foster runs for 1003 yards and 10 TDs .

Yates 29 -30 for 955 and 7 tds .

AJ has 20 catches for 599 and 3 tds .

JJ has two more ints and 5 sacks

Barwin has 6 sacks .

Cushing has 30 tackles

Smith has 10 tackles and 4 sacks

Ryans has 28 tackles

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl needs to share what he's been smoking.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #40
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I will be ecstatic if we win, but I really don't see it happening.

Then again, we are two wins away from the Superbowl .....
Holy schnikes.... that just struck home.

OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read