Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2012   #1
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 82233 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NOW The Texans have momentum.....

Going into Baltimore, winning their first playoff game, Texans have the momentum going into Baltimore...

Damn this is gonna be a long week....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NOW The Texans have momentum.....

From a bengal to a bird then comes a man with a gun.
Old 01-07-2012   #3
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Going into Baltimore, winning their first playoff game, Texans have the momentum going into Baltimore...

I'm afraid it'll be longer than last week-and the games on Sunday too...
Old 01-07-2012   #4
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
I'm afraid it'll be longer than last week-and the games on Sunday too...
Yep. But this is good for our players to get an extra day.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Happy as can be, this week will be a good one
Old 01-07-2012   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything can happen. The Ravens have a great defense, but they are certainly beatable.
Old 01-07-2012   #7
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Anything can happen. The Ravens have a great defense, but they are certainly beatable.
Certainly.

Ravens have a great defense and so do the Texans. I think thats what EVERYONE (outside of Texan fans) is forgetting. They talked all about Dalton being the more composed and better QB (and he is) yet talked none about Dalton having to play against the better defense.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2012   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Certainly.

Ravens have a great defense and so do the Texans. I think thats what EVERYONE (outside of Texan fans) is forgetting. They talked all about Dalton being the more composed and better QB (and he is) yet talked none about Dalton having to play against the better defense.
Flacco didn't look great the last time we played them. They had a long pass play to their rookie receiver, which was a dubious catch by the way, that set them up for the win. I think the Texans will be better prepared and they should give the Ravens a serious challenge. I'm not counting us out now. This is a special and I wouldn't put anything past this team.
Old 01-07-2012   #9
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Flacco didn't look great the last time we played them. They had a long pass play to their rookie receiver, which was a dubious catch by the way, that set them up for the win. I think the Texans will be better prepared and they should give the Ravens a serious challenge. I'm not counting us out now. This is a special and I wouldn't put anything past this team.
Yep. Ravens got the edge with the big plays.

One thing Andre is good for is at the very least one big play a game. Which could be all the difference with how our defense has played all year long. I think we have a good chance at this one, the one thing about the Ravens that scares me is Ray Rice.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #10
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

One thing Andre is good for is at the very least one big play a game. Which could be all the difference with how our defense has played all year long. I think we have a good chance at this one, the one thing about the Ravens that scares me is Ray Rice.
If AJ continues to stay healthy, if the defense plays like it can when Wade is on the premises, even in Baltimore we have a decent change. With Phillips in charge of the defense, the Texans aren't that much different than the Ravens -- both would want to run the ball (Foster/Tate or Rice) and both have excellent defenses. It is a game that can easily turn on special teams or turnovers. You'd have to favor the Ravens based on record and for being at home, but it's a game the Texans can win if they execute their game.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #11
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: NOW The Texans have momentum.....

Quote:

Bolden had a great game, but he's out this time. We need to control the LOS & get Flacco.
Old 01-07-2012   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ngata, Suggs, and Lewis and it's Rice that scares you? I can't fall in line with that.
Old 01-07-2012   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I was really sweating this game out before it started but now I'm so thrilled for the whole organization, the city of Houston, and all of us fans ! The 2011-12 season is a total success !
Next week in BALT will be a huge challenge, but it's one of those scenarios where we have everything to gain and really nothing to lose. Best kind of situation you can ask for.
What a great victory for the Texans and fans !
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston can win this game. It will take some doing by the O but AJ should be the gamechanger there. It's hard to respect all of our receiving threats AND rushing threats with AJ on the field. He ain't no JJ. AJ showed some rust today but I'm sure that's been knocked off.
Old 01-08-2012   #15
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 55012 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Certainly.

Well, that's based upon what? I think it's incomplete data, since Dalton started the whole season and Yates has only started 6 games.

Dalton has a better WR corps when you consider them as a whole: AJ Green, Jerome Simpson, Brandon Tate, Jermaine Gresham and Donald Lee.

TJ Yates has had Andre Johnson for one complete game. Jacoby Jones sucks, Kevin Walter is not a true #2. We have two pretty good TEs, though: OD and Dreesen...and they don't use Casey enough. That's it!

Dalton and Yates both have 1000 yard rushers.

The Texans have the #2 defense. The Bengals have the #7 defense.

Otherwise, the best you can do is say that TJ Yates won his first playoff game and Andy Dalton didn't. Yates 97.7 QB rating. Dalton 51.4 QB rating.

Dalton could have had an additonal pick from McCain. Yates could have given up a pick to Crocker.

Or....

In six starts:

TJ Yates (3-3)
4 TDs, 3 INTs, 1038 yards - 84.8 QB rating.

Andy Dalton (4-2)
7 TDs, 5 INTs, 1311 yards - 84.3 QB rating.

All in all, you might be right.
EVOLVIST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #16
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Jerome Solomon is right---there's no such thing as momentum.

A series of wins or winning plays may look like momentum after the fact, but the bottom line is that any team can still win a game after stinking up the field for three an a half quarters.

Any team can still win in the playoffs after a three game losing streak.

Any team can still win the Super Bowl after a 9-7 season.

Momentum is a figment of the imagination and it can only be pointed out after the fact.

The Texans lost their final three regular season games and still managed to beat the crap out of their first playoff opponent.

Even so, let's hope the momentum from this win carries them to another win in Baltimore.

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #17
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anquan Boldin is out for next week?
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

I used to believe in luck, winning streaks & momentum. Then this team broke off 7 in a row without Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, & losing two QBs in the process.

It's not about luck or momentum. It is about being prepared & playing at a high level consistently longer than the other team.
Old 01-08-2012   #19
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 102617 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I used to believe in luck, winning streaks & momentum. Then this team broke off 7 in a row without Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, & losing two QBs in the process.

It's not about luck or momentum. It is about being prepared & playing at a high level consistently longer than the other team.
Great post bro... Hopefully others will take this to heart and not be so upset when the Texans lose a few next year. I think it is clear to anyone now that Kubiak was definitely holding Yates back and playing possum to some degree once we clinched against the Bengals last time. IMHO.

If the Ravens underestimate the Texans and try to use the same game plan as last meeting, I think they are in for a huge surprise at home.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz

Last edited by Nitrofish; 01-08-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #20
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Momentum, like time, is but an illusion
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read