Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2012   #21
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: why Neil Rackers makes me nervous

It's too ideal to say "the game shouldn't come down to the kicker."

Sometimes, it does. And if Rackers is outside 35 yards, he scares the shit out of me.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #22
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3740 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Lately, every time Neil has lined up a kick from over 30 yards I have gotten nervous...

He needs to spend more time working on his leg rather than building his biceps (the guy's pretty buff for a kicker)
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #23
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well, too bad we didn't get treated to the Doomsday Scenario discussed here.

31-10 and just like I say (and have been on record as having said for many years here).....if you rely on the kicker to win the game, don't blame him for losing the game on a bad kick.

Go ahead and lecture me, buddyboy. We all know you can't withstand the urge to do so. Spin it however you want, make sure you let me know how I'm wrong.
I said I disagreed with them...
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #24
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

And why is it you that gets to decide if it's a "bullshit premise"? I'm not spinning anything, all I was saying is that if they want to discuss how Neil Rackers makes them nervous (something both you and I disagreed with), then they should be able to do so without someone telling them they need to stop posting because their thread isn't worth reading.
Old 01-08-2012   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Its like talking to a wall with a bad attitude when discussing things with you. Your ignorance is mind blowing and the disrespect you show for posters on this site is absurd. Go bang your head against a wall and leave this thread for all of us are now dumber for having to listen to you rant about absolutely nothing.

Rackers has a history in Arizona of missed FGs IN THE PLAYOFFS. He has been inconsistent AS OF LATE, so the concern is legit. If we lose because of him I will be mad, but that means another area of the team sucked and deserves to be mad at as well. I did not know you were the topic police and were on patrol tonight. My apologies, I will keep my topic discussing self indoors for the duration of your lifetime

Get real, you are pathetic and to dictate what we can and cannot discuss is immature and a waste of your time, because no one will listen to you.....
You and the others just repeat stuff you hear.

The whole "Rackers has a history of this and that" shit is just that: Shit. It's been discussed at great length, with stats evaluated, and the consensus is that he's not as bad as the rap he's been given.

But you wouldn't know that because you like to argue the poster and not the poster's comments. Do yourself a favor and research this stuff before repeating some snippet of information you heard on the message board three years ago and thought it sounded insightful at the time.

Don't like me? Put me on ignore. But I won't stop calling stuff out when I think it's lame. This thread is lame, it deserves the heat it's getting. People are worried about a field goal kicker....we must be doing good if we're biting our fingernails over Neil Rackers. Dude came in and has been more solid than Kris Brown was, and now he's a liability all of a sudden.

This is called: "We don't have anything to ***** about, so let's find something and say 'This might be a problem for us'..."

I don't care for you either, and I don't care that you don't care for me. What else do you have to discuss?
Old 01-08-2012   #26
buddyboy
All Pro

Quote:
You and the others just repeat stuff you hear.

The whole "Rackers has a history of this and that" shit is just that: Shit. It's been discussed at great length, with stats evaluated, and the consensus is that he's not as bad as the rap he's been given.

But you wouldn't know that because you like to argue the poster and not the poster's comments. Do yourself a favor and research this stuff before repeating some snippet of information you heard on the message board three years ago and thought it sounded insightful at the time.

Don't like me? Put me on ignore. But I won't stop calling stuff out when I think it's lame. This thread is lame, it deserves the heat it's getting. People are worried about a field goal kicker....we must be doing good if we're biting our fingernails over Neil Rackers. Dude came in and has been more solid than Kris Brown was, and now he's a liability all of a sudden.

This is called: "We don't have anything to ***** about, so let's find something and say 'This might be a problem for us'..."

I don't care for you either, and I don't care that you don't care for me. What else do you have to discuss?
I agree with pretty much everything that has to do with Rackers here. He's been solid pretty much all season, I'm not too concerned, or at least, more concerned than I would be with any other kicker.
Old 01-08-2012   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, Rackers isn't anything to get exicited about either way. He's a better than average kicker and we could do better, but we could also do much worse.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2012   #28
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

He was starting to worry me during the regular season a bit, but it seems he's gotten it back on track... I think he hit that rough patch once Turk started holding for him, but I'm not 100% sold on that being the problem...

As for him not being the best we could get last offseason, I disagree... there weren't a lot of legs out there to begin with, and he seemed to be the best out of those that were there...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #29
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Go ahead and lecture me, buddyboy. We all know you can't withstand the urge to do so. Spin it however you want, make sure you let me know how I'm wrong.
Why are you so crude?
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #30
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
Why are you so crude?
He was born this way.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He was born this way.
I'm on the right track, baby.
Old 01-11-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
Why are you so crude?
See, the problem with you new guys is that you don't know any of us here who've been here forever.

Then you new guys start popping off threads and you have no history with us...what sides of which fences we're on, etc. You and buddyboy would be well served to just sit and watch, hold a clipboard like a rookie should.

This isn't your mom's message board like you had over at houstontexans.com. And I can smell the stench of the other board on you guys. People who are entirely new to message boards tend to take it slow upon first arrival, but you new guys hit the ground running here...which means you're transplants.

Why am I so crude? Because a thread about how our kicker sucks balls, and he just might blow our first playoff game, is laughable. I said it was, I'll say it STILL IS, and will be laughable if it happens again.

31-10 was the score. Rackers didn't get a chance to prove you guys right. I just think it was amateur hour to start that thread. Deal.
Old 01-11-2012   #33
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See, the problem with you new guys is that you don't know any of us here who've been here forever.

Then you new guys start popping off threads and you have no history with us...what sides of which fences we're on, etc. You and buddyboy would be well served to just sit and watch, hold a clipboard like a rookie should.

This isn't your mom's message board like you had over at houstontexans.com. And I can smell the stench of the other board on you guys. People who are entirely new to message boards tend to take it slow upon first arrival, but you new guys hit the ground running here...which means you're transplants.

Why am I so crude? Because a thread about how our kicker sucks balls, and he just might blow our first playoff game, is laughable. I said it was, I'll say it STILL IS, and will be laughable if it happens again.

31-10 was the score. Rackers didn't get a chance to prove you guys right. I just think it was amateur hour to start that thread. Deal.
This right here is the crap that gets people fired up. First you attack people in this thread for discussing a legit concern about a kicker who seems to have consistency problems and in Arizona missed a game winning FG vs the Packers. (They won in OT thankfully). There should not be any issue with guys discussing ANYTHING regarding this team, but here you are attacking people for no reason.

What entitles you to be superior to us? Because you signed up first and post 10 times a day? Sorry the rest of us have lives and only post a few times a day. Not to burst your bubble but you are not respected by people on here with outbursts like this. The hatred to people for coming over from HT.com is dumb and this site wouldn't have made it this long without posters from that site. THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO CREATED/RUN THIS SITE DUMBASS.

Every person that signs up and contributes should be wanted, We're suppose to be on the same team, sometimes you will disagree but thats what makes this Nation so wonderful, freedom of speech. You can have a friendly debate but to smart off to someone for no reason is uncalled for and makes you look like an idiot.

If you can't be nice to people on here maybe you should get a warning or better yet a temporary ban to show that you are out of line always starting things with people. If you do not agree with someone you IMMEDIATELY jump down their throats and attack them and then belittle them by commenting on their post count. Very mature
Old 01-11-2012   #34
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bengals kicker missed a FG today.

Look, Andre Johnson is known for having good hands. The anxiousness in him, today, caused him to bobble passes.

How long since Rackers has been in a playoff game? He, too, is susceptible to nerves and such.

I expect him to be good until he goes complete Shanksville on us. That hasn't happened and I won't sit around and actively wait for it to happen, either. Waste of energy.
Funny, you call it anxiousness, I call it Andre not being used to quick tight spirals after the "Shaub Lob" all these years! LOL
Old 01-11-2012   #35
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Sometimes, it does. And if Rackers is outside 35 yards, he scares the **** out of me.
I can't quote the article, cause it was a bit ago that I read it and my memory sucks - but it was about Rackers having to adjust to a different holder. Turk holds the ball differently, and he had trouble adjusting. They are now more in sync again.

Being Glasshalffull, I am buying that story.
Old 01-11-2012   #36
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Lately, every time Neil has lined up a kick from over 30 yards I have gotten nervous...

He needs to spend more time working on his leg rather than building his biceps (the guy's pretty buff for a kicker)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Sometimes, it does. And if Rackers is outside 35 yards, he scares the **** out of me.
Where are you guys coming up with this stuff?!?!

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...rackenei01.htm

A little Google goes a long way before you start talking out of your bum. Rackers is excellent in the 30 range and anything under that. He's had some issues from 40 plus, only 50% made, but after 50 yards he's 90% again.

Or you can just continue to make stuff up...your call.
Old 01-11-2012   #37
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Where are you guys coming up with this stuff?!?!

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...rackenei01.htm

A little Google goes a long way before you start talking out of your bum. Rackers is excellent in the 30 range and anything under that. He's had some issues from 40 plus, only 50% made, but after 50 yards he's 90% again.

Or you can just continue to make stuff up...your call.
He is 80% lifetime kicker from ANYWHERE on the field, do you know what that screams to me? Inconsistent....makes guys slightly nervous, which Rackers shows up, the 95% guy or the 70% guy?
Old 01-11-2012   #38
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
He is 80% lifetime kicker from ANYWHERE on the field, do you know what that screams to me? Inconsistent....makes guys slightly nervous, which Rackers shows up, the 95% guy or the 70% guy?
In the last 4 years, he has an average of 90%, see I can play that game too!

Also, that 95% guy you speak of, is a figment of your imagination, again, you guys keep making stuff up...here since no one seems to know how to google, is the list of CAREER leaders in FG%...enjoy

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...erc_career.htm

At some point, the Rackers haters will admit they're wrong and eat crow, or you can continue to make up your own stats against hard evidence....your choice.
Old 01-11-2012   #39
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
In the last 4 years, he has an average of 90%, see I can play that game too!
Is 90% good enough for you in the super bowl? Especially within the 40-49? I do not hate the guy, but I did not hate Turk either and he needed to be replaced. Its called upgrading.
Old 01-11-2012   #40
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Is 90% good enough for you in the super bowl? Especially within the 40-49? I do not hate the guy, but I did not hate Turk either and he needed to be replaced. Its called upgrading.
Re read, I had to edit after a very tiring 1 minute of googling so that I could present a more accurate and sound argument....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read