Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2012   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football power in Texas has shifted to Houston

Quote:
(CNN) -- I hate the Dallas Cowboys.

No, I don't dislike them. I flat out cannot stand anything about the Dallas Cowboys.

The year they went 1-15, I was ticked they won that one game.

When they played in those three Super Bowls in the '90s, I rooted hard for the opposition.

Hell, I hate them more than the Ku Klux Klan!

Rest of the article here: http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/06/opinio...tml?hpt=hp_bn1
Old 01-06-2012   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football power in Texas has shifted to Houston

I have never heard of this guy. I am suprised there haven't been any responses. I think he was being a incendiary with the kkk comment, but I like his passion for the Texans and Houston football.
Old 01-06-2012   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football power in Texas has shifted to Houston - CNN.com

Sorry if already posted.....

Just heard this on 610 and they SLAM dallas.....Skeletor has to be PISSED haha

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/06/opinio...tin/index.html

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I have never heard of this guy. I am suprised there haven't been any responses. I think he was being a incendiary with the kkk comment, but I like his passion for the Texans and Houston football.
He's a political analyst for CNN, a Chicago resident and origionally from Texas.
I see him on CNN fairly regularly, but I'm probably one of the few from this Board who views CNN on a regular basis.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #5
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football power in Texas has shifted to Houston - CNN.com

National media just HATES the Texans...
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football power in Texas has shifted to Houston - CNN.com

Not yet ... not by a long shot.

But it's a start.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice read, but we're a loooooong way from overtaking the Cowpies in Texas. If we can win a couple of Super Bowls, we can at least get in the conversation.
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2012   #8
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The year they went 1-15, I was ticked they won that one game.
Haha, that was pretty good!

Needs to slow down a bit though. Let's just beat Cincy. Cowboys still have the larger fanbase and what not, that won't change with just one playoff appearance.

Although this team definitely has the brighter future. It's the Not For Long league though, so enjoy the success while you can.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #9
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Haha, that was pretty good!

Needs to slow down a bit though. Let's just beat Cincy. Cowboys still have the larger fanbase and what not, that won't change with just one playoff appearance.
I agree with you, but I can't help think of the similarities between Texans/Cowboys and Astros/Rangers.

As far as I can tell, for decades the Rangers were pretty much an afterthought statewide, while the Astros enjoyed wide spread support.

It didn't take but a few seasons of success, and the Rangers are the darling of the state, it seems.

The thing is, nobody really disliked the Rangers when they were semi-anonymous, they just kinda looked at them as the little brother from Arlington.

Seems similar to the Texans history to me. Plus, I know a lot of Cowboys fas who are disgusted with both Jerrah, and Romo. Not just now, but all the time, and have been for a few years.

I think the time is very good for the Texans to make inroads into the Cowpie fan base. I don't think they will overtake them real soon, but I believe the gap will narrow quite a bit in the next few years, if the Texans keep winning, and the pies keep stinking up the joint.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
He's a political analyst for CNN, a Chicago resident and origionally from Texas.
I see him on CNN fairly regularly, but I'm probably one of the few from this Board who views CNN on a regular basis.
Naw, there are a lot of peeps here that read and reference CNN regularly. I used to be one, but I just don't pay that much attention to any of it anymore, it's negative and depressing and everyone just wants to spin the facts on every network. I still pay attention to the "bigger stories" but don't care for all the political crap.
Old 01-06-2012   #11
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Problem is, the cowboys were an IQ test for NFL fans, some, sadly failed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read