Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2012   #1
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans over Tebow?

Just curious, anyone know why NBC opted to air the Texans over Tebow? I understand they have first pick over CBS. Not complaining, just wondering.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Texans over Tebow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Just curious, anyone know why NBC opted to air the Texans over Tebow? I understand they have first pick over CBS. Not complaining, just wondering.
1st game = least attractive game, so to speak.

Think about last year's NO/SEA game, or the NYJ/CIN game the year before.
Old 01-05-2012   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually they picked Tebow over the Texans. As ThaShark said, the first Saturday game is the least desirable.
Old 01-05-2012   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Tebow is WOBET backwards, if that makes any sense. And it doesn't make any sense, so quit trying to make sense.

For whatever reason(s), Tebow has taken over the media to replace the gigantic hole left when Brett Favre actually retired for real. Why Tebow? Because he's the top jersey seller right now. The NFL is a business and NFL partners pay homage to whatever is making the mothership loads of cash. And right now, that cash cow appears to be Tim Tebow.

I would root against him this weekend just to shut up the media, but I can't bring myself to root for the Steelers. That fanbase has become as obnoxious and arrogant as Cowboys, Longhorns, and Yankees fans. Plus, the whole history of this city with Pittsburgh. They've had enough success to last a lifetime, so fugg 'em, even if that means another week of blathering from the talking heads about Tebow.
Old 01-05-2012   #5
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

At least we get Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
I wish...lol. Michaels is the man.
Old 01-05-2012   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
I'd take that every game. Al Michaels is prepared and professional and I like Collisworth as well. I know alot of folks don't but I've always thought he does a great job as well as knowing what the hell he's talking about. At least it not Tasker the Hater. Fugg him.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2012   #8
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I never understood this anyway. Makes no sense to me. I know the numbers say otherwise but it's so dumb. Playoffs are playoffs. I'm watching regardless.

I guess there really is a casual fan influence. That also makes no sense. Why would I suddenly start watching a sport just because it's playoffs? If I care to watch the playoffs, I should care to watch the regular season.

People make no sense to me.

I'm glad we're the early game. Get it over with early. I'd hate to be the last game of the weekend. Could you imagine the torture of watching 3 other games while waiting for ours? Argh.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #9
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I never understood this anyway. Makes no sense to me. I know the numbers say otherwise but it's so dumb. Playoffs are playoffs. I'm watching regardless.

I guess there really is a casual fan influence. That also makes no sense. Why would I suddenly start watching a sport just because it's playoffs? If I care to watch the playoffs, I should care to watch the regular season.

I'm glad we're the early game. Get it over with early. I'd hate to be the last game of the weekend. Could you imagine the torture of watching 3 other games while waiting for ours? Argh.
I share your point when it comes to football, but I can totally understand the casual fan coming in when the playoffs hit. I'm a fan of the Rockets and Astros, but by no means do I follow their regular season like I do the Texans. Generally I watch more of their games when they happen to make it to the playoffs in the past years.

That said, I can barely stand waiting for 3PM Saturday, I can't imagine having to wait for primetime Sunday.
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

I agree completely. As an NFL fan, I live for January. It's the best that pro football has to offer, and every game is so vital to both teams for obvious reasons.

I'll be glued to my tv set for the next two weekends, with the exception of Saturday afternoon, of course.
Old 01-05-2012   #11
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember reading reports that after the Chiefs/Broncos game that Kyle Orton's house was egged. Only 3 of 17 eggs connected with the house. Tim Tebow was immediately sought for questioning.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #12
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm stealing that line on facebook right now.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #13
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's the networks that choose the games at this point. I believe it's the NFL that dictates the playoff schedule, and it's all about putting the premier teams in the best time slots.

Does anyone know if we're getting Michaels/Collinsworth or whoever NBC's second team is?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #14
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
I don't think it's the networks that choose the games at this point. I believe it's the NFL that dictates the playoff schedule, and it's all about putting the premier teams in the best time slots.

Does anyone know if we're getting Michaels/Collinsworth or whoever NBC's second team is?
Tom Hammond, Mike Mayock with Alex Flanagan on the sidelines.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read