Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-05-2012   #1
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Greg McElroy of Jets Speaks out

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...=recent_bullet

Snippet :
Quote:
"Itís the first time Iíve ever been around extremely selfish individuals, and I think thatís maybe the nature of the NFL," said McElroy, who was with the team all season despite his injury. "But there were people within our locker room that didnít care whether we won or lost, as long as they got (theirs)."
Definitely a media uproar about his comments. I don't have a problem with it personally. I just think its says a lot about the state of the Jets for a 3rd string QB to say what needs to be said.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greg McElroy of Jets Speaks out

It's the truth, no doubt, but sometimes you need to keep your trap shut outside the confines of the locker room.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

There has to be some serious internal issues for that team to miss the playoffs. McElroy is entitled to his opinion and right to speak his mind. I think he speaks the truth. It adds up.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
There has to be some serious internal issues for that team to miss the playoffs. McElroy is entitled to his opinion and right to speak his mind. I think he speaks the truth. It adds up.
The Jets are not a team. Therein lies the problem. What really sucks is that just a year or two ago they were.
Old 01-05-2012   #5
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The Jets are not a team. Therein lies the problem. What really sucks is that just a year or two ago they were.
Personally I think this is a learning curve for Rex, that he can't just keep picking up all the talent off the street that have issues and get them to play as a team. He'll learn from this for sure and make some changes, I can't help but like Rex's attitude, but sometimes he does need to shut it down.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #6
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Yeah but he is also a 3rd string QB. 3rd string players that run their mouth can very easily be shown the door. Maybe he wants that, but he didn't exactly light it up in the Preseason. It would have been smarter to keep his mouth shut, work hard and try to get better as a QB.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #7
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Personally I think this is a learning curve for Rex, that he can't just keep picking up all the talent off the street that have issues and get them to play as a team. He'll learn from this for sure and make some changes, I can't help but like Rex's attitude, but sometimes he does need to shut it down.
The problem with Rex is he is the same guy as Ozzie Guillen. As long as he is winning, his antics are funny and light hearted. The second he stops winning, his antics are distracting to the team. Coaches like Rex and Ozzie can only stay in one place so long. I think next year is playoffs or bust for Rex.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2012   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Rex is like Jerry Glanville. A guy that can get a team fired up for a season or two, but can't keep it going over the long term.

I'm thinking that this is the beginning of the end.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #9
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Rex is like Jerry Glanville. A guy that can get a team fired up for a season or two, but can't keep it going over the long term.

I'm thinking that this is the beginning of the end.
How could that possibly be? I recently read a quote where he said he'd be the Jets HC "for another 10-15 years".

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #10
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Yeah but he is also a 3rd string QB. 3rd string players that run their mouth can very easily be shown the door. Maybe he wants that, but he didn't exactly light it up in the Preseason. It would have been smarter to keep his mouth shut, work hard and try to get better as a QB.
I don't think he lit it up, but he did much better than a lot of people expected, which was why he was kept around. I don't honestly know how much better he can get, he reminds me a lot of Chad Pennington ironically. Weak arm, but high football IQ. Greg's got a great future in coaching if he can't stick around long in the NFL.

I think there's several issues with the Jets, but what it really comes down to is Mark Sanchez IMO. He's just not consistent and even on his "good games" I don't find myself really impressed with him. I thought they were bat **** crazy to make the trade up to get him and I think he's got next year to prove he's the guy that can take them to the promised land.
Old 01-05-2012   #11
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I think there's several issues with the Jets, but what it really comes down to is Mark Sanchez IMO. He's just not consistent and even on his "good games" I don't find myself really impressed with him. I thought they were bat **** crazy to make the trade up to get him and I think he's got next year to prove he's the guy that can take them to the promised land.
I'd think this was the year that the Sanchize was supposed to be the man.

For some reason I expect Matt Flynn to be in a Jets uniform.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The problem with Rex is he is the same guy as Ozzie Guillen. As long as he is winning, his antics are funny and light hearted. The second he stops winning, his antics are distracting to the team. Coaches like Rex and Ozzie can only stay in one place so long. I think next year is playoffs or bust for Rex.
Bingo.
Old 01-05-2012   #13
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I'd think this was the year that the Sanchize was supposed to be the man.

For some reason I expect Matt Flynn to be in a Jets uniform.
Supposed to being the operative word. Better or worse the Mark Sanchez experiment for the Jets has one more year. I have a feeling RB will the Jets first pick and they'll look to run the ball more next year and limit Sanchez to managing the game and occasionally making a play.
Old 01-06-2012   #14
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
lol did you even watch the preseason game where he got hurt? The dude was taking a POUNDING and kept playing..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets are going to get Peyton Manning if he is healthy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Jets are going to get Peyton Manning if he is healthy.
Wouldn't that be something?! NY Jets vs. NY Giants would be EPIC. The media would go nuts. Not to mention Peyton vs. Brady twice a year.

I have a feeling if the Colts do go the route of trying to trade Peyton, they're going to be very respectful of Manning and get a list of teams/coaches that he would want to play for.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Wouldn't that be something?! NY Jets vs. NY Giants would be EPIC. The media would go nuts. Not to mention Peyton vs. Brady twice a year.

I have a feeling if the Colts do go the route of trying to trade Peyton, they're going to be very respectful of Manning and get a list of teams/coaches that he would want to play for.
I wish they'd trade him to the Rams.
Old 01-06-2012   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I thought maybe Tom Moore was already with the Jets this year...as a type of additional "help" with the offense.

If he's still there, then this would easily ramp up the idea that there could be TWO QBs in New York with the last name Manning.
Old 01-07-2012   #19
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Quote:

I would also think they would prefer an NFC team if possible. San Fran would make a lot of sense. They prolly have the cap space to make a deal and have a lot of good things in place that would keep Manning in the hunt for a second ring.

Irsay might be saying all the right things concerning Manning, but firing the Polians sends a pretty clear message that he intends to clean house, he's even uttered the words rebuilding. I think its only a matter of time before the new GM axes Caldwell.

Wayne looks like he's gone, Saturday as well, Brackett prolly too.

The real question facing Irsay and the next GM isn't really just the health of Peyton; its the 28 million due to Manning. Whether you're looking at Luck or RG3 the reality is with possibly letting all those pieces is it worth it to rent Peyton for a rebuilding year? Would Irsay force Peyton to stick around after everything? Specially if they choose NFL ready Luck.
Old 01-07-2012   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think if Peyton gets traded he's going to end up with the 49ers.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read