Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2012   #21
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson's Impact on Sat

I was at that fight
Old 01-05-2012   #22
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Why? Seriously? This offense clearly clicks much more efficiently with Schaub. Teams have to respect his passing. He knows the full playbook better. He is better at reading the whole field and the defense. Ummm, let's see, oh yeah - he and AJ led the league in their respective positions together without a running game. His play fake is in the top 3 in the league. Need more?
100% This. Points have severely diminished since Schaub went down.
Old 01-05-2012   #23
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why? Seriously? This offense clearly clicks much more efficiently with Schaub. Teams have to respect his passing. He knows the full playbook better. He is better at reading the whole field and the defense. Ummm, let's see, oh yeah - he and AJ led the league in their respective positions together without a running game. His play fake is in the top 3 in the league. Need more?
You've missed the point. Obviously the Texans, at this point, have a better chance with Schaub in the lineup.

Otherwise, I said, "If the Yates-to-AJ hook up is anywhere half has good as the Falcon's game the Texans should be able to light up any defense. That's the only game they played together.

I went on to state what I thought was clear: Yates & AJ would have a difficult time against the Raven's defense, if it came to that...and I think it will.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think losing Schaub turned the Texans from contenders to pretenders in the eyes of many people who are not Texans fans.

The number one issue brought up by every analyst is having a rookie QB with 5 starts under his belt. And I think it is a valid concern, even though I like TJ Yates. I'm worried about his consistency and inexperience in reading defenses as being our true Achilles Heel. Hopefully having Andre out there will help lessen that weak spot.
Old 01-05-2012   #25
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

In order for the Texans to go far into January they are going to have to have a legendary defense. Andre and Arian is enough to carry the offense I think for 10-21 points. Those guys are big plays waiting to happen. Andre also seems to be downplayed now but what he brings against secondaries can't really be defensed.

The defense though...it's going to have to hold guys under 14 (which it has done consistently) and Yates is going to have to not throw many INTs that gifts the other teams points.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #26
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We HAVE to use Andre not only for his ability but to spread the field. Andre's presence opens the field up for our dumpoffs to Tate and Foster. Also keeps the field open over the middle for Dreesen, OD, and Walter.

Gotta utilize the hell out of it.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read