Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2012   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson's Impact on Sat

Reading this quote got me fired up...

Quote:
Johnson laments not getting that second game he wanted, but man, let me tell you, he will be jacked up on Saturday. I’ve gotten wide-eyed reports from defensive backs on what he has done to them in practice. Unstoppable.
http://blog.chron.com/jeromesolomon/...n-on-saturday/
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Andre Johnson's Impact on Sat

If his two non contact injuries on our home field wasn't enough to scare the shit out of Uncle Bob into getting a new field, i don't know what will. This year could have been Andre's best year yet. Hopefully he makes up for it in the playoffs.
Old 01-05-2012   #3
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If his ...playoffs.
JINX JINX JINX! Delete this black magic jinx sir!
Old 01-05-2012   #4
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Unstoppable...
Reminded me of this guy...

Hakeem Unstoppable Commercial
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #5
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Andre Johnson's Impact on Sat

Andre Johnson...

9 long years. Can you imagine a guy staying on the same team for 9 long years and going through what he has with this team.

I remember the day we drafted him our of University of Miami and how emotional he was with his mom getting drafted. Then coming here having to deal with losing season after losing season....And then almost making the playoffs two years ago. I was thinking back then we might lose him and he might want to go somewhere else...

He had a choice....he could stay here or go somewhere else. He chose to stay.
That took a lot for him to do that. I know plenty of players who would have bolted from this team. But he chose to stay and see what happens. That stuck with me big time.

Oh yeah...he restructured his contract to bring in other players as well

Waiting for Andre to come back has been hard. I know he was grinding his teeth and could tell he was concerned about his hamstrings. Hopefully those problems are behind him.

This is his time. Its his stage Saturday.
TJ get Andre the ball.......Let Loose the Drekken.....
This is what he has been talking about forever. Well its here. He deserves it and now its time for him to shine.......

Not only a classy player on the field...but a great player off the field with his charity work with a elementary school. A turkey dinner for needy people around Thanksgiving and X-mas toy event for low income kids who deserve it....the list goes on and on. Class off the field.

Andre ....good luck....enjoy.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Hard to imagine, but do we see AJ at a whole nother level against the Bengals? Thats what the playoffs does for great players right? He is the heart and soul of this franchise and has stuck with us through thick and thin. Its a shame we have almost gotten used to him not being on the field this year. But here is to Saturday.... and AJ reminding us whos BOSS.
Old 01-05-2012   #7
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking Larry Fitzgerald circa 2008. Get him the ball TJ!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2012   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If his two non contact injuries on our home field wasn't enough to scare the shit out of Uncle Bob into getting a new field, i don't know what will. This year could have been Andre's best year yet. Hopefully he makes up for it in the playoffs.
Andre Johnson doesn't want a new field (they limit his participation in the practice bubble because it has field turf) and the field had nothing to do with his hamstring injuries.
Old 01-05-2012   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I've had no doubt that AJ will be ready to kick arse. My question's whether or not TJ can get him the ball. I think Zimmer will be coming after TJ moreso than last game.
Old 01-05-2012   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I've had no doubt that AJ will be ready to kick arse. My question's whether or not TJ can get him the ball. I think Zimmer will be coming after TJ moreso than last game.
Hmmm.... If I remember correctly, Atl and Cincy both came after TJ pretty good. It was when teams started to play more zone against him is when he had more trouble. Could be wrong.
Old 01-05-2012   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I remember the day we drafted him our of University of Miami and how emotional he was with his mom getting drafted. Then coming here having to deal with losing season after losing season....And then almost making the playoffs two years ago. I was thinking back then we might lose him and he might want to go somewhere else...
Dre's MOM got drafted? Tough family!!
Old 01-05-2012   #12
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Dre's MOM got drafted? Tough family!!
She caught the last second TD from Delhomme last week...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #13
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aj is a super star, super stars elevate their play when the stage is brightest....in case anyone forgot

Rose Bowl 2002, Andre Johnson, 7 catches 199 yards, 2 TDs.....the guy will DOMINATE the playoffs
Old 01-05-2012   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I am as excited for AJ as I am for the city of Houston!

Hopefully he's in full beast mode on Saturday. How awesome would it be to see him unstoppable in his first playoff experience?!
Old 01-05-2012   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99154 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been dying to see Andre Johnson in the playoffs especially seeing how electric and insane Larry Fitzgerald got when he finally got to play in the post season. Andre is a similar type of gamer that Fitz is. I just wish that Schaub was out there to throw to him.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been my dream to see Andre and DEMECO stand on that stage in Indy and hold up the Lombardi!! Don't know if that will come true or not, but, I know that starting Saturday those two will be doing everything in their power to make that happen. They are the backbone of our O and D! As excited as we all are for Andre, don't forget Demeco!! Both are true warriors, and we are blessed to have them on our team for such a long time. NEITHER gave up on us when they could, and now is their time to shine!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #17
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

This has to be one of my favorite Andre Johnson pictures of all time.

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #18
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I've been dying to see Andre Johnson in the playoffs especially seeing how electric and insane Larry Fitzgerald got when he finally got to play in the post season. Andre is a similar type of gamer that Fitz is. I just wish that Schaub was out there to throw to him.
Why? The only reason I could think of is because it's too bad Schaub is not out there in this playoff run.

Otherwise, if the Yates-to-AJ hook up is anywhere half has good as the Falcon's game the Texans should be able to light up any defense. That's the only game they played together.

Falcons - 20th against the pass.

Bengals - 9th against the pass, and the Texans put up 300 yards on them: 88 yards more than their average. And while the Bengals played a lot of prevents to keep the Texans from marching down the field...damn, they still gave up back-to-back 80 yard drives. That's called a collapse in my book. Not to say it will happen again, but it's still food for thought.

Otherwise, the Ravens are 4th against the pass and 2nd against the run. Yikes! That means the Yates-to-AJ connection would have to be double to put one on Baltimore.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #19
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
This has to be one of my favorite Andre Johnson pictures of all time.

That. is. awesome.

I want it framed.
Old 01-05-2012   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Why? The only reason I could think of is because it's too bad Schaub is not out there in this playoff run.
Why? Seriously? This offense clearly clicks much more efficiently with Schaub. Teams have to respect his passing. He knows the full playbook better. He is better at reading the whole field and the defense. Ummm, let's see, oh yeah - he and AJ led the league in their respective positions together without a running game. His play fake is in the top 3 in the league. Need more?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read