Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans of Austin!!!

I'm curious why this has suddenly changed from Lavaca St. Bar. The establishment there has been good to us. I seem to remember Third Base not being nearly as appreciative of our business back when it was the Texans spot.

I'm curious why this has suddenly changed from Lavaca St. Bar. The establishment there has been good to us. I seem to remember Third Base not being nearly as appreciative of our business back when it was the Texans spot.

That's not the same group. The one you met us up with is still going to be at Lavaca this Saturday.

Here is the link to the Facebook you are thinking of and the last pics from the Thursday night game (I think you are in here but forget)...

Anyway, look forward to seeing you man at Lavaca if you want....

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.226360334105163&type=1

That's not the same group. The one you met us up with is still going to be at Lavaca this Saturday.

Here is the link to the Facebook you are thinking of and the last pics from the Thursday night game (I think you are in here but forget)...

Anyway, look forward to seeing you man at Lavaca if you want....

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.226360334105163&type=1

Ok, makes sense. I saw a banner at Lavaca St about a Texans fan club, so I thought it was the same group. More Texans bars in Austin is a good thing anyway.

I'm sticking with the big group we have at Lavaca Street Bar. They have treated us better then 3rd Base ever did. The Texans also recognize us as the Official Fan Group of Austin and have sent us boxes of T-Shirts, caps, stickers, etc.etc. So it is hard to turn your back on that.
Not to mention that the beers and drinks cost half as much as they do at 3rd Base.
But have fun and GO TEXANS!

Interesting!!! The more Texans fans the better, but I will tell you the official group has watch parties every game at Lavaca Street Bar.

Here is a link and the more the better! http://www.facebook.com/groups/austintexan/

We will have some give aways as well directly sent to us by the Houston Texans!!!

Stay True and Gooooo Texans

Third Base will never get another penny of my money. I believe we will see you all at the Lavaca Bar this Saturday. Please go ahead and confirm with the manager for CC.

Interesting!!! The more Texans fans the better, but I will tell you the official group has watch parties every game at Lavaca Street Bar.

Here is a link and the more the better! http://www.facebook.com/groups/austintexan/

We will have some give aways as well directly sent to us by the Houston Texans!!!

Stay True and Gooooo Texans

Is that your group on FB that posted about Fox 7 doing a story and looking for diehard fans? I responded but didn't hear anything.

Is that your group on FB that posted about Fox 7 doing a story and looking for diehard fans? I responded but didn't hear anything.

Yeah, that's out group man. You should come down if you can get away for the game....

Aint seen you in years since 3rd Base in the KEYE war days.

Yeah, that's out group man. You should come down if you can get away for the game....

Aint seen you in years since 3rd Base in the KEYE war days.

Man, it would be so cool to be there. Would love to hang out with you guys.

Here's my status as of now. I may have to work, don't know for sure. I have already started the process of selling my tickets but don't really want to and have not obligated to anyone yet. I hate the idea of not going, but if I do have to work I will be home in time to watch it with my wife, we watch together and if it weren't for small kids and lack of trusted babysitters, I would make it to more of the watch parties! if I don't work than I need to go!

I used to get watered down after work at Lavaca back in the day and haven't been there in a long time. I plan to do so again this Saturday, duck out of work an hour early, grab my dingy old Texan shirt and head downtown.

I am excited, nervous, scared, and ready. GO TEXANS!!!!!

Hardcore & HTown,
The other guy posted that about Fox 7 on their Austin sight, not ours. Our group, the "official" one as recognized by the Texans is at........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/austintexan/

Weird.....when I clicked on the link in Hardcore's post above and I agreed with it...that link took me to the page you and I are on Kevin.....that's why I confirmed it....

Oh well, as long as Hardcore gets guided to the right place....

Oh, I see, I was invited to join the other group and got confused not realizing there were two. I just sent a request to join y'alls page. First name is Paul.

Yeah man, Paul is the guy, you had the right link....look at the links in the post from you and the Texanator...they are the same but the other group was involved with another facebook site.

Look for the one with Paul and you are on track.

You'll see me, Jordan and Texanator (Kevin)....we post on there almost everyday.

Yeah man, Paul is the guy, you had the right link....look at the links in the post from you and the Texanator...they are the same but the other group was involved with another facebook site.

Look for the one with Paul and you are on track.

You'll see me, Jordan and Texanator (Kevin)....we post on there almost everyday.

I meant my name is Paul....lol.

Man, it would be so cool to be there. Would love to hang out with you guys.

Here's my status as of now. I may have to work, don't know for sure. I have already started the process of selling my tickets but don't really want to and have not obligated to anyone yet. I hate the idea of not going, but if I do have to work I will be home in time to watch it with my wife, we watch together and if it weren't for small kids and lack of trusted babysitters, I would make it to more of the watch parties! if I don't work than I need to go!

So far my close friends don't want to go, so I may take ATEXFAN up on riding with his crew if I don't have to work. Or if one of you diehards wants to go and will drive I'll sell you my other ticket at face and cover the parking. All this assuming I can get out of work and I somewhat know the person I would be traveling with.

I just saw a laugher of a story on FOX7. They went to interview store owners and employees to see how the Texans gear was selling.

All said, of course, that they couldn't keep the stuff on the shelves no matter how much they order. Predictable.

The funny part was they almost all said "because the Texans are in the playoffs" which jumped off the TV at me. How about, because your stock was always (in many cases) literally nothing and suddenly *poof* - whatever you want. Internet sales or not, I think a lot of Texans gear sold on top of the new demand because it was finally there.

Oh, and Cowboys stuff? On sale and not selling. :zipit:

I just saw a laugher of a story on FOX7. They went to interview store owners and employees to see how the Texans gear was selling.

All said, of course, that they couldn't keep the stuff on the shelves no matter how much they order. Predictable.

The funny part was they almost all said "because the Texans are in the playoffs" which jumped off the TV at me. How about, because your stock was always (in many cases) literally nothing and suddenly *poof* - whatever you want. Internet sales or not, I think a lot of Texans gear sold on top of the new demand because it was finally there.

Oh, and Cowboys stuff? On sale and not selling. :zipit:

HA! I love it!
We are a force to be reckoned with and like it or not, we are here to stay, so they better snap and recognize before someone else does and gets our patronage!

I had no clue there was another club here in Austin. I'll cross post the other facebook group (Austin Texans Fan Group) for Lavaca St. This ****'s going to get wild!

I had no clue there was another club here in Austin. I'll cross post the other facebook group (Austin Texans Fan Group) for Lavaca St. This ****'s going to get wild!

Glad to have you guys. We have a ton of fun at Lavaca Street Bar and the more the merrier!

Funny how we could not get anyone to show up before at all these so-called fan club gatherings (which I started back in 2003 in Austin) and now they are fighting over psace, gott alove it y'all. Hey I think i may have to make a showing for this one, it's been awhile since Big Wig was in da house!
C-ya at Lavaca Street

The Houston Texans are in the playoffs and as the proud affiliate of the 2011 AFC South champions, we're celebrating with a Texans playoff watch party fit for the lone star state!
Join us this Saturday at the Alamo Drafthouse on South Lamar as we watch the Houston Texans battle Lifetime Longhorn Cedric Benson and the Cincinnati Bengals on the big screen!
The Zone's Rod Babers will be in attendance and we'll have plenty of Texans prizes to give away, as well as drink specials so you can watch the game like any good tailgater would.
The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is the premiere spot for watching football in Austin. They feature the games on their movie screen with state of the art video projection. With the *possible* exception of live in the stadium, the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is the best spot for the serious football fan. All eyes in the auditorium are focused on the movie screen, where the action on the field will be larger than life!

This show is free, but you can guarantee yourself a seat by purchasing a $5 Food/Beverage voucher.
http://www.longhornstation.com/pages/texansplayoffs.html
And the Texans bandwagon grows!
:texflag:

I was just about to ask if anyone was going to be going to the Watch Party at the Drafthouse on South Lamar. I was looking at pics of the Lavaca St Bar and that place looks like it will be packed. We have never been there and wanted to be with other Texans fans but not sure if it's okay since it looks like you have a lot of regulars there. Wanted to hit either that spot or the drafthouse.

The Houston Texans are in the playoffs and as the proud affiliate of the 2011 AFC South champions, we're celebrating with a Texans playoff watch party fit for the lone star state!
Join us this Saturday at the Alamo Drafthouse on South Lamar as we watch the Houston Texans battle Lifetime Longhorn Cedric Benson and the Cincinnati Bengals on the big screen!
The Zone's Rod Babers will be in attendance and we'll have plenty of Texans prizes to give away, as well as drink specials so you can watch the game like any good tailgater would.
The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is the premiere spot for watching football in Austin. They feature the games on their movie screen with state of the art video projection. With the *possible* exception of live in the stadium, the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is the best spot for the serious football fan. All eyes in the auditorium are focused on the movie screen, where the action on the field will be larger than life!

This show is free, but you can guarantee yourself a seat by purchasing a $5 Food/Beverage voucher.

Those dbs at the Zone can kiss my sweaty ass! EFF THEM IN THEIR EARHOLES. They've mocked the Texans for a looooong, long time...always always always bringing up VY and the Titans, rarely giving any respect to the franchise or the team's fans in the Greater Austin area. Now that the Texans are winning, they think they can hitch their wagon to us and let the Texans' success be a springboard for their own little PR stunt?

EAT A BAG OF DOGSHIT 1300!

Don't forget, fellow Texans fans, they dumped us to carry the Cowboys games instead!

Boycott The Zone. They don't deserve your listenership.

Yeah, that is why I only listen to Houston sports radio online. Used to listen to 1560 the game, then followed Lance to 790.

I was just about to ask if anyone was going to be going to the Watch Party at the Drafthouse on South Lamar. I was looking at pics of the Lavaca St Bar and that place looks like it will be packed. We have never been there and wanted to be with other Texans fans but not sure if it's okay since it looks like you have a lot of regulars there. Wanted to hit either that spot or the drafthouse.

Bring it on man! All are welcome. Bigwig has been MIA for a long time, but there are still some of us from the original days and we go to Lavaca Street! They take good care of us there.

Think about that scenario for a minute! Do you really think sitting in theater seats, paying outrageous prices for drinks and food is how you want to watch the game?
Not me! I'm Lavaca bound where we are wanted for more then just our playoff money.

And the guy who started this thread has told me he is going to a wedding, so not sure why the 3rd base ever got brought up in the first place. LOL

:toropalm:

Those dbs at the Zone can kiss my sweaty ass! EFF THEM IN THEIR EARHOLES. They've mocked the Texans for a looooong, long time...always always always bringing up VY and the Titans, rarely giving any respect to the franchise or the team's fans in the Greater Austin area. Now that the Texans are winning, they think they can hitch their wagon to us and let the Texans' success be a springboard for their own little PR stunt?

EAT A BAG OF DOGSHIT 1300!

For what it's worth I know one of the guys there (on air guy) and for years I've bluntly told him about it. I listened for the first time in forever the other day and heard one of them say he thought the Texans were going all the way. I almost called in but didn't.

Bring it on man! All are welcome. Bigwig has been MIA for a long time, but there are still some of us from the original days and we go to Lavaca Street! They take good care of us there.

Thanks man! We will be there, unless our 2 older kids decide they want to watch the game with us. Then we would have to hit another place.

I agree with all of what y'all say about the Zone and their pr stunt.
Texanator may be calling me out but after getting PSL's in 1999 and getting my name on the glass wall at the stadium and hanging with the Blue Crew for several years tailgating, and suffering through so many low attended watch parties after emailing a group of over 100 names and then fading into oblivian. I am ready to celebrate with what looks to be the best fan group here in the ATX since this whole thing started, no way I would go anywhere else, nuff said.
Big Wig will be in da house at Lavaca Street
PS several years ago they had a watch party when the team stunk, I was there along with 5 or 6 fans and they also had a player and a couple of cheerleaders, so I asked if i could keep the banner they had for Lavaca st and the Texans and I have it in my Texan man cave still. Its about a 4ft x 6ft banner that hangs on the wall.

NITRO!!!

I have 2 T.V.'s set up for you guys and they said they'd be glad to turn on more if needed. I went by yesterday and showed them the 2 I thought would be best. However, you can decide exatly which ones you want if those are not to your liking.

[on the AM1300 TheZone Page] You guys need to quit acting like you are Texan fans all the sudden. Either you are or you are not and your act over the years is definite Cowboy suckitude.

A quote by someone named "John" on Facebook. :whistle:

I concur, thanks John Doe.
But we will show them we don't need no stinkin Zone to show support for the Texans.

For those of you who did not attend you missed the most rockin balls out party ever! I will be there for the Ravens game 4 sure.

For those of you who did not attend you missed the most rockin balls out party ever! I will be there for the Ravens game 4 sure.

Dude, that **** was fuqng amazing!!!!

I got plenty of pics and videos...especially at the end when they played that houston song and we were all dancing.....just friggin NUTZ man!!!!

Don't forget, fellow Texans fans, they dumped us to carry the Cowboys games instead!

Boycott The Zone. They don't deserve your listenership.

They'll be eating crow next week. While we are devouring the Ravens!
I've already heard the Alamo Drafthouse party they threw was a dud.

Back