Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2012   #1
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 27227 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where Were You The Last Time We Had Playoff Football in Houston?

Where were you and what were you doing in January 1994 when the Houston Oilers were beat by the Kansas City Chiefs, 28-20?

My God, Haywood Jefferies, Ernest Givens, Curtis Duncan...and Gary Wellman! Remember that surfer boy?

I was at Francisco Studios in little China Town, and instead of practicing we had a little TV set up, watching the game. I had been out of HS for about a year.

I remember looking at the size of Joe Montana's swollen elbow. It was huge! Full of fluid, and I was thinking, "There's no way he's going to pass with that thing." He did. It was a heartbreaker. If only the Oilers had gotten Gary Brown rolling a little bit more, we could have won it.

Thanks Texans_Chick for the thread inspiration and the memories.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where Were You The Last Time We Had Playoff Football in Houston?

I was 9 and not an Oilers fan in any way, shape, or form.
Old 01-04-2012   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I was 9 and not an Oilers fan in any way, shape, or form.
This except I was four. I didn't get into football until the Oilers were long gone.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

In the Astrodome. I was around 26 y/o!
Old 01-04-2012   #5
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

I was 6. I have no idea where I was. Its been along time
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #6
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game....I had endzone seats......think I paid like 50 dollars for a ticket......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #7
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I was 13 and in the Astrodome. But I didn't get to see most of the game because we had standing room tickets only and I didn't find a seat until the 4th quarter.

But it was cool to be there, just wish I could have seen the game more.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I was drunk.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I was 27, living in Conroe, and having a blast because my band was playing gigs in those days.

Coming off of the 35-3 debacle, the 1993 season ended up amazing. Starting 1-4 to go on an 11 game win streak was a blast. I was at the last game of the season against the Jets, the famous one where Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride. We did know know it happened until listening to post-game shows on the way home.

It was heartbreak the next game against the Chiefs, but that season was a blast. Man, it seems like forever ago...
Old 01-04-2012   #10
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
This except I was four. I didn't get into football until the Oilers were long gone.
Same here, except right when I got into football the Oilers left. Now I fully understand why my damn cusses at our TV every time Bud Adams shows up.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #11
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

In McAllen, TX. That loss to the Chiefs stung more than the one to Buffalo the previous year.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was 27, living in Conroe, and having a blast because my band was playing gigs in those days.

Coming off of the 35-3 debacle, the 1993 season ended up amazing. Starting 1-4 to go on an 11 game win streak was a blast. I was at the last game of the season against the Jets, the famous one where Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride. We did know know it happened until listening to post-game shows on the way home.

It was heartbreak the next game against the Chiefs, but that season was a blast. Man, it seems like forever ago...
It was!
Old 01-04-2012   #13
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was 7, in Killeen Texas, probably getting into trouble with my military haircut lmao
Old 01-04-2012   #14
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 26769 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I was 12 and still lived in Salt Lake City at the time. I was NOT an Oilers fan though, I was a Broncos fan, simply because my parents are die-hard Broncos fans.

Fun fact...Wade Phillips was the head coach of the Denver Broncos during the 1993-1994 season.
Old 01-04-2012   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I was two and was not into football back then.
Old 01-04-2012   #16
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was 25 and a season ticket holder. The third come from ahead 4th quarter playoff game stung hard, maybe harder than the Bills game. We promptly went to the Volcano Club and got smashed. Good times...
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I was in Wilmington, Delaware watching the Oilers choke yet again.

BTW, it's been 18 years. I just put this "then/now" image on the home page of Texans Talk.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #18
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

18 Years. 2012-1994 = 18
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #19
RCPM
DILLIGAF

Rep Power: 0 RCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respected

I was living in Las Cruces New Mexico, cheering for the Steelers...
RCPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I was at that game as well as I said before. I remember hearing about it on the radio on the way home, and then the next day watching his kid get ****ed with for weeks at school all because his dad got succer punched. Lol! It was messed up man. Warren Moon's kid and Gilbride's kid both caught hell every time the Oilers shit the bed somehow man. Kids are brutal.

As far as that last playoff game went, I was at Pennison's Pub in Sugar Land. Pennison was an ex Oiler and we partied like rock stars at halftime and thought it was going to be such a great game to laugh at for the rest of the half. Boy was the joke on us. I practically cried after that game it was so brutal. I still have not gotten over it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read