Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2012   #21
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ffs

MOD'S beware!!!! They're all jumping ship!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #22
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Welcome aboard... This just in, plenty of freakin' morons, idiots and douche.baggery around here.

Myself included.
Whoa whoa whoa...I resemble that buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately, many of the "fans" on the HT site seem to be more interested in insulting each other than conducting good ole stimulating intercourse.

Welcome to the TT board, SmoochyTX.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #24
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
MOD'S beware!!!! They're all jumping ship!!
I have been noticing a LOT of new sign ups lately that appear legit (non-spammers). I guess the HT board going south explains that.

This board will always be better because it is run by the fans and there is no corporate crap involved. Plus as someone else mentioned this place has so many long timers that it polices itself for the most part. Also all of the former HT mods are here now.

BTW, speaking of HT mods did Vinny disappear again? I haven't seen him around in awhile.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #25
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought u meant the Fantasy Future texans fourm LOL
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome Smoochy

I think I remember you from the other MB.

While people disagree around here, we respect each other for the most part.

Check out the draft section and you will see what I mean. Not so much in the NSZ. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #27
Steleehin
TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 0 Steleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respected

I am over from the other board too , way to much nonsense going on over there .
Steleehin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2012   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Unfortunately, many of the "fans" on the HT site seem to be more interested in insulting each other than conducting good ole stimulating intercourse.

Welcome to the TT board, SmoochyTX.
There's intercourse over there. It just happens to be "grudge" intercoursing!
Old 01-05-2012   #29
Ruinondd
Veteran

Rep Power: 1260 Ruinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respected

There is another board?! Rechecks google, well what do you know the "official" texan forums are like the 6th link down. Wow. Is thankful I somehow ended up here, never would have signed up or posted on That.
Ruinondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #30
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2159 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steleehin View Post
Welcome! You'll enjoy it a lot more over here even if all you do is mostly read.
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #31
Steleehin
TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 0 Steleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoochyTX View Post
Welcome! You'll enjoy it a lot more over here even if all you do is mostly read.
Thanks , I dont post alot ,but i am on every day and hate reading thru multiple arguments and personal attacks that get way off the topic .
Steleehin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #32
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steleehin View Post
I haven't even looked at that board since the season started and have not been regular over there since 2006 maybe. After reading this thread I went over there to see what was going on. All I can say is WOW. That mods thread pretty much says it all. People using racist slurs and getting away with it? Cursing like that? It's turning into a Shaggy Bevo type of environment.

I think it won't be long before they just shut it down. They obviously don't want to deal with it and it appears they don't want anyone else to deal with it either.

The Titans eliminated their board a few seasons ago as have many other NFL teams. The Redskins eliminated their offical board and just started linking to a fan created board.

These things can be a real pain to run and it takes real dedication and love of the board to keep it going. A paid employee with no real interest will not want to deal with it.

I get most of the credit for this place however without the dedication of our mods and the community for often policing itself this place would be a mess too. Thank you to all of you. Going over there really made me appreciate even more what we have here from the body of excellent mods down to the newbie poster.
Old 01-05-2012   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't been over there in about six months. The Texans wouldn't support the mods (and only allowed two - edo and I), wouldn't respond to pm's, wouldn't IP ban people so banned people would just come back with a new screen name (and once back start making up outrageous stories of persecution - "I was once banned because I said I like steaks and one of the mods is vegan." So I got out and figured let the Texans reap what they sowed on their MB. It's a disgraceful black eye for the Texans now. They need to shut it down or go back to a model which works.
Old 01-05-2012   #34
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not going to get TOO DEEP into this because I have been on that side of the fence, but lets be real here. People become mods and go on power trips just as easy as noobs log on and wreck havoc. I have seen things in which guys should be banned, at least for a small amount of time, but Ive seen guys be banned for LIFE over things that were minor. Once "clicks" are formed it seemed like calling out one of those "members" would bring a rain of fire from above.....reality is the posters and mods need to work on being better......
Old 01-05-2012   #35
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I thought u meant the Fantasy Future texans fourm LOL
Not many of those guys expand into other forums, FF is an awesome place, thats why I post on both
Old 01-05-2012   #36
Austex
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Austex was voted MVPAustex was voted MVPAustex was voted MVPAustex was voted MVP

I actually found this thread posted on the main site and thought I would check it out.

Have to say I think I'm staying. Seems to be more topics and more discussion going on. Got pretty tired of all the "self-important" nonsense. Too many people calling people out for everything under the sun.

Just want to chat about my team, sans the drama.
Old 01-05-2012   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

WHile all the attention is on, let me remind everyone that Hook'em runs this site out of his own pocket. I encourage all to click on the donate button above and leave a contribution. The Pay Pal is set up and if I can do it anyone can. This is pretty cheap entertainment and imo best source of sports info available.
Old 01-05-2012   #38
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
WHile all the attention is on, let me remind everyone that Hook'em runs this site out of his own pocket. I encourage all to click on the donate button above and leave a contribution. The Pay Pal is set up and if I can do it anyone can. This is pretty cheap entertainment and imo best source of sports info available.
Out of curiosity where does the money go? what things does he spend the money on to improve the site? I assume he pays a hosting fee, but what else?
Old 01-05-2012   #39
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2159 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austex View Post
I actually found this thread posted on the main site and thought I would check it out.

Have to say I think I'm staying. Seems to be more topics and more discussion going on. Got pretty tired of all the "self-important" nonsense. Too many people calling people out for everything under the sun.

Just want to chat about my team, sans the drama.
Welcome!

(and there are better smilies! hahahahaha)
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #40
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Out of curiosity where does the money go? what things does he spend the money on to improve the site? I assume he pays a hosting fee, but what else?
Besides my time? The hosting and the server maintenance (daily backups, etc) are my biggest expenses. We are on a dedicated box.

The Google ad performance has really helped with much of this lately, especially when traffic is high.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read