Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2012   #1
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Demps - wow what a bad game

Just finished rewatching the game, man Demps got rocked all game long..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #2
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demps - wow what a bad game

Demps, Jackson, and surprisingly Cushing were bad in coverage. Cush was beat on two 20 yard passes. Jackson gave up 3 for 65 yards. Lets see who shows up when it really matters.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #3
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
Demps, Jackson, and surprisingly Cushing were bad in coverage. Cush was beat on two 20 yard passes. Jackson gave up 3 for 65 yards. Lets see who shows up when it really matters.
The only big play was the 55 yard perfect bomb, could have done better looking back, but he was right there, the throw was pretty much perfect.

Old 01-04-2012   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope they learn that Chris Johnson demands a CB in coverage. Not a safety. Not a LBer. When he splits out, cover him like he's a really, really fast WR instead of a really, really fast RB.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #5
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I just hope they learn that Chris Johnson demands a CB in coverage. Not a safety. Not a LBer. When he splits out, cover him like he's a really, really fast WR instead of a really, really fast RB.
Their TE was beating us up badly too.. which is not good if we end up facing the Patriots..

Old 01-04-2012   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Their TE was beating us up badly too.. which is not good if we end up facing the Patriots..
Good thing the next offense the Patriots stop will be the first.
Old 01-04-2012   #7
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not sure why Demps is even playing TBH, the guy is terrible in coverage and has been the whole time
Old 01-04-2012   #8
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Cook is 6'5" and runs a 4.5 and his college coach compared him to Calvin Johnson. Those TEs beat up everyone badly and the league will be seeing more of this mold of TE until a genius DC can figure out how to stop them with players who are either a lot slower or a lot smaller.

I don't see Demps as anything but a warm body taking a spot until they find someone with more promise. He's not a returner and over the last few weeks has forgotten how tackle and how to keep his footing .
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a reason why Demps is a back-up.

He's better than Barber and Bushing without the upside of Nolan.

His play has been decent (could even be said as pretty good) until the last few games.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
Do we expect to not give up any passing yards? 2 for 20? 3 for 65?

I watched the other games Sunday, the Cowboys would have loved it if there worse corner gave up 3 for 65 & so would many other teams.

Grass is green, water is wet, WRs catch balls.
Old 01-05-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Do we expect to not give up any passing yards? 2 for 20? 3 for 65?

I watched the other games Sunday, the Cowboys would have loved it if there worse corner gave up 3 for 65 & so would many other teams.

Grass is green, water is wet, WRs catch balls.
It was a good pass and a good catch on that long bomb.
It was decent coverage, but I do think that KJ needs to do better on that play.
He was in phase, I'd have liked to see him running the receiver's route.
All in the learning curve, but yeah, I do think it would have been better if he can be more pro-active on certain situation, like this one.
The game is played in inches and fractions of a second.
You want to make it count. Beat your opponent to the punch, as Madden loves to say.

(Note that KJ did put a hurt on the receiver, letting him know that yeah you got me, but I'm still here. You're going to earn it.)

Surely and certainly, Jackson still needs to improve.
But before some of you guys start piling on him again, I need to let you know - in case you haven't read LZ's blog recently - that his view regarding Allen/Jackson has taken a turn.

...Jason Allen makes mistakes and he also makes plays. He can drive you crazy on one play and then turn the offense over on the next. Hes not consistent enough to be a starter on a good playoff team, but he is quality depth for the Texans....

Duh, that was the whole point, and I give LanceZ kudo for being a good sport in realizing that his prognosis was off. (In case you don't know, Lance put the case for Allen to be the starter during the off-season.)

Now, you can read into the part where he talks about KJ however you like;
I will refrain from commenting.

(I've always said that Lance has good football knowledge, but I do disagree with him on certain takes from time to time.)

To the poster who said he would take LanceZ's words above my thousands of screenshots, hey, perhaps you want to reconsider it now!?!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #12
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

The safety position is a serious need in the upcoming draft and Demps will be a casualty of the play that has been displayed through out the season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read