Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2012   #21
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Reliant is going to be absolutely EPIC this Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I'm expecting it to be every bit as loud as the Falcons game. I did hear that the roof will be open though, I wonder how that might factor in? I think Steph posted in her blog a few weeks ago that she was told it isn't a factor, but I have a hard time believing that.
There is no way they will keep the roof open for this game, it's definitely louder with the roof closed.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #22
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about the 1st game. This is only my third year as a season ticket holder. Before that I would go to a 2 or 3 games a year.

Loudest games I've been to:

09 win over Pats to go 9 - 7 with shot at playoffs with help.
10 win over Colts in opener 231 yds by Foster
11 win over Falcons
Old 01-03-2012   #23
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so jealous!

I wish I could be at the game, but I will be making some noise wherever I watch it!
Old 01-03-2012   #24
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Make noise, peeps. I want to be able to hear you guys from one state over!

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #25
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I don't know about the 1st game. This is only my third year as a season ticket holder. Before that I would go to a 2 or 3 games a year.

Loudest games I've been to:

09 win over Pats to go 9 - 7 with shot at playoffs with help.
10 win over Colts in opener 231 yds by Foster
11 win over Falcons
I'll second the Falcons game. Everyone dug down a little deeper when Ryan went to go change up the play at the line. Couldn't possibly ignore us, we were a rampaging beehive!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #26
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just curious, why was that Falcons game so loud? I mean yeah obviously you want to win, but I for the life of me just can't explain why that game was that loud.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #27
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think the Cowboy game was the loudest! My ears hurt for days after that game.

The Falcon game definitely comes in a close second. Thing is, I know we can be louder, and Sat will be the day for us to prove what Texan fans can do!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2012   #28
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
Just curious, why was that Falcons game so loud? I mean yeah obviously you want to win, but I for the life of me just can't explain why that game was that loud.
A lot of it had to do with the fact that the Falcons were running a lot of no-huddle. When Ryan would walk back up to the line to call a play or audible, the crowd would get really loud to F with him. It worked quite well.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #29
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Now if we can just get everyone to shut up when the O has the ball... I just don't get how people can still yell when they do...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #30
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd say it had a lot to do with a five game winning streak, and a home game for the first time in almost a month... The last home game was against the Browns, and the team was only on a one game win streak going into that game, going 0-3 prior to the Tenn win... I also think it had to do with Atlanta being a good team, and how the team had fought through injuries etc...

I was at both the Brows and Falcons games, and though night and day may be a little too much to describe the difference in noise and flat-out rowdiness, it was for sure noticabley more awesome and magical...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #31
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2738 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

I may have to break out my Thundersticks from the Spurs' 07 Finals game.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #32
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Can you believe I am having trouble finding someone to ride with me from Austin to bring to the game?
U can pick me up from Houston or I'll meet you atthe stadium if you really wanna take some one =D
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #33
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
U can pick me up from Houston or I'll meet you atthe stadium if you really wanna take some one =D

I should re-phrase so peeps don't get the wrong impression. I have a couple of friends here in Austin, I was looking to ride with there and back and split the driving with but they are all spent out after Christmas and don't want to pay the cost of the ticket, beer in the stadium, etc. So I may just drive myself, although not as fun. My brother lives in Groves so if I meet anyone in H-town it will be him I reckon.
Old 01-03-2012   #34
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Bill's gametime focus is suspect
...too easily distracted by the cheerleaders

To Bill, going thru his progressions means counting the number of blondes vs. brunettes...

...and let's not even talk about what "wide open" means to him
That, and he keeps lining up behind either the "Tight End" or the "Wide Receiver".

Quote:
Winning Streak, good opponent, big crowd, lousy calls by the refs and Matt Ryan's antics behind center. Took me three days to recover.
Old 01-03-2012   #35
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I should re-phrase so peeps don't get the wrong impression. I have a couple of friends here in Austin, I was looking to ride with there and back and split the driving with but they are all spent out after Christmas and don't want to pay the cost of the ticket, beer in the stadium, etc. So I may just drive myself, although not as fun. My brother lives in Groves so if I meet anyone in H-town it will be him I reckon.
aww ='(
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #36
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5771 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish they hadn't banned these guys:
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #37
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

The great thing about being 6'4" 260 and covered in ink is that when you tell people around you to yell, they damn well listen. I had a group of very quiet middle aged asian guys all around me at the falcons game, and by the 4th quarter 2 of them bought me beers they were having so much fun. I plan to make the yuppies in the 300's scream their heads off or they risk being ejected over the balcony.
Old 01-03-2012   #38
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Reliant is going to be absolutely EPIC this Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
They won't let you carry a can through the gate, so your best bet is to buy a Miller Light in one of their wide-mouth aluminum bottles, once you're inside the stadium.
The wide mouth is big enough to put coins through, unlike the smaller mouth of a Bud Light bottle.
Not to pee in everyone's cornflakes:

Quote:
Noisemakers
National Football League policy prohibits noisemakers from being brought inside the Stadium. This includes, but is not limited to, all horns, including air horns, cow bells and whistles. We reserve the right to confiscate any item that does not adhere to this policy.
http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday...rocedures.html
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #39
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring a dog whistle to really get Antonio Smith aka Lycan Wolf Ninja crazy mad so he rips thru that OLine like he has rabies lol.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by srrono; 01-03-2012 at 06:34 PM.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #40
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Not to pee in everyone's cornflakes
You are not supposed to bang the metal beer bottles on the rails either and people do that. I cannot imagine fans complaining about other fans being too loud at a playoff game.

What kind of fan would go to Reliant expecting to hang out and chat with friends.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read